Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 05:14 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,840,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Not on a continental scale and brainwashing massive amounts of people to think their culture and physical appearance is inferior in which it affects the descendants today.

Of course they probably had wars keeping other rivals out of the empires or competing land. Probably some mass killings too and nature destruction (they are Humans) but not on the scale of the Spanish,, British, French etc
60 years ago the civilized land of Europe was bombarding itself back into the stone age!!

That alone shows you how enlightened and ahead of everyone Europe is!!

let's not mention how massively poor, overpopulated, oppressive, plagued by war, disease it has been for most of its history... its only after WWII and huge amounts of money injected by the US (Marshall plan), that it has become a stable place free of war, disease and poverty!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 05:17 AM

58 posts, read 56,449 times
They are Americans.
Most Europeans came 4500 from Russia, the (the Yanma) culture, and Neolithic culture came 8.000 years ago from Turkey..and there are almost not Europeans dating from the Paleolithic.
Europeans are no Russians or from Asia Minor.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:24 AM

312 posts, read 482,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
oh honey please... where in Europe are you from?

Europe Nebraska?
No, I'm from Lenapehoking (we call it Long Island now), although my parents were from Sicily outside Siracusa and I have an EU passport.

But I was asking people of the European continent their opinion. You are not european I don't care what you think your words are simply worthless to this conversation about Europeans and their affairs. Seriously in the context of this discussion your opinion is worthless and your presence here looks desperate and sad. Please stop embarassing yourself. I only interjected because you as a non-european have no place in this conversation and I felt I needed to redirect you. Go away.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:27 AM

312 posts, read 482,008 times
For clarity's sake since apparently people cannot read that this is not addressed at anyone but people ethnically indigenous to the European continent, please state what country you're from. I wanted the opinions of ethnic Europeans living in Europe all else is irrelevant to me.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampdown69 View Post
No, I'm from Lenapehoking (we call it Long Island now), although my parents were from Sicily outside Siracusa and I have an EU passport.

But I was asking people of the European continent their opinion. You are not european I don't care what you think your words are simply worthless to this conversation about Europeans and their affairs. Seriously in the context of this discussion your opinion is worthless and your presence here looks desperate and sad. Please stop embarassing yourself. I only interjected because you as a non-european have no place in this conversation and I felt I needed to redirect you. Go away.
and you have the damn nerve to come and tell me to not talk to "you" Europeans like that?

honey you're not from Europe.... you're a descendant of a bunch of impoverished sicilian migrants who landed on MY CONTINENT so that they would not starve!!

HOW DARE YOU

Old 03-04-2015, 05:33 AM

It's so funny how insecure white Americans are in relation to Europeans...

As soon as you talk about Europe they are all suddenly Europeans because their great great great great grand parents were Europeans!!

Yet when they go to Europe they stick out like a sore thumb (look at those americans over there, they stand out so much) kinda deal!

Old 03-04-2015, 06:23 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Not on a continental scale and brainwashing massive amounts of people to think their culture and physical appearance is inferior in which it affects the descendants today.

Of course they probably had wars keeping other rivals out of the empires or competing land. Probably some mass killings too and nature destruction (they are Humans) but not on the scale of the Spanish,, British, French etc

Historically people the world over were quite happy to slaughter their neighbours and that INCLUDES natives of the America's. Its the way being 'human' is I'm afraid. It just so happens that Europeans had superior technical knowhow that made them so good at it and also enabled them to take their 'fight' across the globe. If Europeans didn't do it first somebody else would have. I am sorry that history is full of cruel and barbaric people, in fact the world still is, I'm afraid you just going to have to learn to live with it.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:33 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Well, figure Hernán Cortés, a child of the inquisition, coming with his reconquista warriors to the Aztec Empire. Poor as they are, the find a lot of valuables, but are introduced to the sacrificial halls with thousands, even tens of thousands human heads on display who have been sacrificed. I think quite many would get a murderous urge.

Today both Cortés and Montezuma would be convicted of crimes against humanity in the Hague, but during a time when humanism wasn't even invented, it became a bloodbath, included with diseases nobody knew anything about. And the Aztecs and Incas, if they would have muskets, cannons, horses and ocean-going ships, they would have done the same thing to us if they've landed in Europe. But they didn't have. And the victor takes the spoils. Tough luck, Native Americans.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:34 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,603,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
[/b]

Historically people the world over were quite happy to slaughter their neighbours and that INCLUDES natives of the America's. Its the way being 'human' is I'm afraid. It just so happens that Europeans had superior technical knowhow that made them so good at it and also enabled them to take their 'fight' across the globe. If Europeans didn't do it first somebody else would have. I am sorry that history is full of cruel and barbaric people, in fact the world still is, I'm afraid you just going to have to learn to live with it.
it still is for sure. anyone noticed an outfit called "ISIS" lately ??

Old 03-04-2015, 07:32 AM

121 posts, read 179,982 times
Guys chill out! There was no genocide in North America... Only 5% of native americans lived above the Rio Grande... The rest of them (95%) live below Texas because of warmer weather (proof below). So maybe the Vikings May be the indigenous people of North America after all. Please don't call somebody's ancestors murderers, racists or whatever. Learn to love and respect your ancestors

What economic system was used by Native Americans? - Quora

By the way... I'm not white, I'm Pakistani
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe