Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 10:07 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,402,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Yes, you do - you accuse everyone of being ignorant, racist, or a white supremacist, because you have nothing useful or constructive to say. Why people bother engaging with some bratty, know-it-all teenager is beyond me.
That's because most people are.

Wait, what? Don't project your traits onto me.

Last edited by P London; 03-04-2015 at 10:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 10:07 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,264,996 times
Subscribed.

Will add more, later

Old 03-04-2015, 10:15 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,922,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
That's because most people are.
P London you really need to meet different people if most of the people you know are as you stated. You won't learn anything new if you already think you know it all if you really are a teenager I can assure you have just started learning about the world and yourself.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:17 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,619,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
P London you really need to meet different people if most of the people you know are as you stated. You won't learn anything new if you already think you know it all if you really are a teenager I can assure you have just started learning about the world and yourself.
I think he needs to get out more!

Old 03-04-2015, 10:19 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,402,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I was joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
I think he needs to get out more!
I think you need mind your own.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:24 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,619,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
I was joking.

I think you need mind your own.
its an open forum buddy!!! and yes I was joking too!

Old 03-04-2015, 10:30 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,844,380 times
Wait... how old is plondon?

Old 03-04-2015, 10:31 AM

58 posts, read 56,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Well, figure Hernán Cortés, a child of the inquisition, coming with his reconquista warriors to the Aztec Empire. Poor as they are, the find a lot of valuables, but are introduced to the sacrificial halls with thousands, even tens of thousands human heads on display who have been sacrificed. I think quite many would get a murderous urge.

Today both Cortés and Montezuma would be convicted of crimes against humanity in the Hague, but during a time when humanism wasn't even invented, it became a bloodbath, included with diseases nobody knew anything about. And the Aztecs and Incas, if they would have muskets, cannons, horses and ocean-going ships, they would have done the same thing to us if they've landed in Europe. But they didn't have. And the victor takes the spoils. Tough luck, Native Americans.

Hernán Cortes was not a child of the inquisition, but a universitary and a well cultured and travelled man. The bastard son of a known family. Not "reconquista warriors" since his was experience came from Italian wars at the order of the Great Captain.

Hernán Cortés did everything he could to save Tenochtitlan, for him the best, cleanest and most organized city he had ever seen...and he knew Italy well.

You are right, Aztecs, Mayans and Incans would have done the same that Castilians if they had the technology. Plus, it was a civil war.

Hernán Cortéz was a humanist in his way, but no his mistress, the Malinche. The Malinche wanted all Aztecs dead and the city totally destroyed.

A famous English historian stated that England would have done the same that Spain, a quite factual possibility since back then England was Castille's most faintful and longest ally. Had Catherine sired a son from his cousin, history would be very different.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:40 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,356,074 times
Huh. I guess the majority of the people I know, including myself, hail from a family with partial Slavic background. Mind you, the last person actually speaking a Slavic language in my family lived around 100 years ago. Back then the percentage of people talking Czech in Vienna was far bigger than the percentage of Muslims living in Vienna at this time. I don't think that the "Germanic" identity of Vienna suffered from that, though. The cultural impact of the Czechs is noticeable, but barely so. Call me naive, but I think it will be the same (or even less so) with Muslim influence in 50 years. Barely noticeable.

Now, if we are talking about a real cultural takeover as in Tibet (Han <=> Tibetans): No, I certainly wouldn't approve of that. But I don't see that happening in Europe right now.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:44 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,922,382 times
[quote=P London;38683008]I was joking.

It didn't come through as a joke it came through that you really thought that way.

No problem. It's just makes it difficult to have a constructive conversation if the race card is used every time I don't think it contributes to people communicating . In the end human beings are people not colors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe