Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 08:44 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,400,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
where are you from? what is your beef?
Earth

Where are you from?

What beef do I have? Aberdeen Angus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 08:45 AM

564 posts, read 748,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
The same way my people "The natives of the Americas" felt when Europeans came in and exterminated us in enormous numbers and destroyed our culture and forced us to adopt theirs....
You owe your very existence to these europeans. If they hadn't existed all the events that led to you being alive wouldn't have happened.

Aren't you Colombian anyway? Unless your ancestors were all indians you are a mix of european as well, so your "people" are not just the original indigenous populations, that's just some bull**** former colony sad story.

Last edited by Winchupuata; 03-04-2015 at 08:55 AM..

Old 03-04-2015, 08:47 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,855,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Europeans were not superior to anyone else in the Americas the whole reason why they were able to ''fight'' was because their GERMS killed most of the Natives off. So when the Europeans wanted to wipe them out it was easier, but there were many wars on both sides.

Europeans just except that the European colonists were very evil twisted people who have the most blood on their hands. No other group of people have committed genocide on a continental level, no other group transported massive amounts of people across an ocean only to not just enslave them but to brainwash them and to assume that ''if we didn't do it others would'' just makes you feel less guilty for what your ancestors did.

Up to this day people seem to think European/White equals better this is what your colonists have done created a world where not being White is seen as ''different''

Well, if Europeans wouldn't have been technologically superior, they wouldn't have taken over the world.

Also, you can't apply 21st century morals into 16th-17th century realities. Genocides happened in Europe and all over the world. Arabs enslaved Africans (and Europeans), Aztecs had slaves, Mughals enslaved Indian people, Chinese enslaved Mongols, Uighurs, South Asians and other Chinese, the list goes on. Europeans weren't "evil twisted people", they just took what was there for the taking, as everybody else on Earth did. By saying that, you have actually no clue what the mentality of that time.

By the time the Spanish arrived in America, there was absolutely no knowledge of bacteria and germinology, they didn't even know what caused smallpox. In the 17th century 400,000 Europeans died annually from the disease.

You have some severe inferiority complex and blame everything on the Europeans. The truth is, when the Europeans arrived Africans were living in mud huts, and they would still live in mud huts even if Europe would've left the continent in peace. Don't blame Europeans for racism. There are numerous counts of Africans killing Africans just because they belong to another tribe. And this goes on in 2015.

Sure, mistakes were made, and slavery should've ended earlier, but there are still slaves in the world.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:49 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,631,263 times
I think the Mongols were far worse than the European colonists. In any case, Europeans had the know-how and the technology to plunder the world. It doesn't excuse what happened, but it does provide a reason as to why Europeans did what they did but other people in the world were still living in mud huts, with hardly any or no concept of the world outside their own village.

P London, if you're so angry with what European colonists did in the past, then why do you insist on living in a country that has built its wealth almost entirely on the resources of other countries? Hypocrite. You benefit as much as anyone else from what European colonists did in the past.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:52 AM

564 posts, read 748,724 times
I imagine Plondon as a skinny frail vegan white pasty hipster guy drinking mocha frapuccinos crusciante poopoo from Starbucks, with a collection of 34 different iPhones and riddled with self imposed white guilt convinced that whites are oh so evil and everyone else is oh so pure and nice.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Well, if Europeans wouldn't have been technologically superior, they wouldn't have taken over the world.

Also, you can't apply 21st century morals into 16th-17th century realities. Genocides happened in Europe and all over the world. Arabs enslaved Africans (and Europeans), Aztecs had slaves, Mughals enslaved Indian people, Chinese enslaved Mongols, Uighurs, South Asians and other Chinese, the list goes on. Europeans weren't "evil twisted people", they just took what was there for the taking, as everybody else on Earth did. By saying that, you have actually no clue what the mentality of that time.

By the time the Spanish arrived in America, there was absolutely no knowledge of bacteria and germinology, they didn't even know what caused smallpox. In the 17th century 400,000 Europeans died annually from the disease.

You have some severe inferiority complex and blame everything on the Europeans. The truth is, when the Europeans arrived Africans were living in mud huts, and they would still live in mud huts even if Europe would've left the continent in peace. Don't blame Europeans for racism. There are numerous counts of Africans killing Africans just because they belong to another tribe. And this goes on in 2015.

Sure, mistakes were made, and slavery should've ended earlier, but there are still slaves in the world.
Started agreeing with you until you said in bold especially underlined. Mud huts? C'mon you don't actually believe virtually all Africans (this mysterious homogenous AFRICANS) lived in Mud huts? And so what if they did? Most of Africa is tropical there not going to build shelters out of cement.

If what European colonists did wasn't evil then I don't know what is.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I think the Mongols were far worse than the European colonists. In any case, Europeans had the know-how and the technology to plunder the world. It doesn't excuse what happened, but it does provide a reason as to why Europeans did what they did but other people in the world were still living in mud huts, with hardly any or no concept of the world outside their own village.

P London, if you're so angry with what European colonists did in the past, then why do you insist on living in a country that has built its wealth almost entirely on the resources of other countries? Hypocrite. You benefit as much as anyone else from what European colonists did in the past.
You think before Europeans came along people just stayed in their villages? No trade, no currency they just played with themselves? Haha No Cities? No Civilisations until the European said ''You must do this'' lol

I'm not angry with the Colonists (their all dead) I'm angry that people are so ignorant!

Wow I really do mention the word ignorant a lot.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:16 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,843,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
You owe your very existence to these europeans. If they hadn't existed all the events that led to you being alive wouldn't have happened.

Aren't you Colombian anyway? Unless your ancestors were all indians you are a mix of european as well, so your "people" are not just the original indigenous populations, that's just some bull**** former colony sad story.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:19 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,919,497 times
[quote=Clampdown69;38678930]I am not saying it will, and I am not trying to stir a debate on whether it will or won't. I'm asking how do you feel about it?

It is common knowledge that European birth rates are way below replacement level. To solve this problem European governments are importing immigrants. Some (most?) of which are of a radically different cultural and ethnic background than indigenous Europeans. However, logic dictates that if one group is aging and not reproducing enough to sustain its population size, and another new group is both coming in large numbers and reproducing at high levels that eventually you will hit a point where the new group is bigger than the old one.

]

I don't agree your analysis of the data. Most likely what will occurr is that the immigrants you mentioned and the indigenous ethinc European groups will eventually become merged and the population will be admixed rather than a replacement the complexion of those Euoropean countries you mentioned will change no doubt.

I don't think that is going to be the most pressing problem the biggest challenge will be the religion issue and how those differences are dealt with. I think most Europeans will adjust to the differences in color but not tolerate Islam having influence in Europe.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:03 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,631,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
You think before Europeans came along people just stayed in their villages? No trade, no currency they just played with themselves? Haha No Cities? No Civilisations until the European said ''You must do this'' lol

I'm not angry with the Colonists (their all dead) I'm angry that people are so ignorant!

Wow I really do mention the word ignorant a lot.
Yes, you do - you accuse everyone of being ignorant, racist, or a white supremacist, because you have nothing useful or constructive to say. Why people bother engaging with some bratty, know-it-all teenager is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe