Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 04:47 AM

922 posts, read 807,186 times

Advertisements

How do you feel about the current economic situation and his foreign policies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 05:53 AM

235 posts, read 211,439 times
I'm Russian, live in Russia. For me personally, the economic situation, nothing has changed. Putin's attitude is very good, support him in everything.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:52 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
No one knows, because Putin has total control over Russian press. He is officially "popular" but it would be suicide to be Russian and to not publicly support him, so we have no idea.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:29 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,237,714 times
Do not worry. Everything is fine.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:53 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
No one knows, because Putin has total control over Russian press. He is officially "popular" but it would be suicide to be Russian and to not publicly support him, so we have no idea.
It's not that "no one knows" - it's you, since you can't read Russian social media.
So even if "Putin has total control over Russian press," Russian social media (Face Book, V Kontakte and numerous other sites) are very good indicator of what opinions of Russians of Putin are.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barberini View Post
Samizdats again?
That would be more within the lines of Nemtzov ( the one who has been killed in Moscow recently) and other "libertarians" ( the kind of "opposition" in Russia that Washington admires so much, but Russians en mass have very little interest to back them.)

Last edited by erasure; 11-15-2015 at 01:01 PM..

Old 11-15-2015, 01:46 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,237,714 times
About the current economic situation.
Russian defaulted was only 17 years ago (1998). Too little time has passed. The deterioration of economic situation can not be reason for change of power (Putin) at the moment. I think that West is wrong with introduction of sanctions. West could not take into account subtleties of Russian mentality. Putin took the opportunity to accuse the West of intending to harm Russia. Aggression can not force to surrender Russians, on the contrary it excites even more. I think you need to stop calling Putin a gangster (US presidential candidates called recently), and begin to establish a constructive dialogue.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
About the current economic situation.
Russian defaulted was only 17 years ago (1998). Too little time has passed. The deterioration of economic situation can not be reason for change of power (Putin) at the moment. I think that West is wrong with introduction of sanctions. West could not take into account subtleties of Russian mentality. Putin took the opportunity to accuse the West of intending to harm Russia. Aggression can not force to surrender Russians, on the contrary it excites even more. I think you need to stop calling Putin a gangster (US presidential candidates called recently), and begin to establish a constructive dialogue.
Maksim, Putin IS a gangster as any gangster that got his wealth (and access to power) in the nineties. Putin is no exception. But unlike Russians who like to say "prove it" ( regarding his looted wealth and looted wealth of those surrounding Putin,) knowing that no one in Russia could prove it for a fact ( and those who could are already dead,) the Westerners ( in higher circles) have all the proofs they want and need.
And since they know that the well-being of current Russian ruling class is rooted in Western banking system, they don't see a point of negotiating with him as with the equal. They'd rather prefer to "show him his place," which becomes increasingly difficult for a number of reasons.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:44 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times
My perception is that most Russians like that Putin talks and walks tough for Russia. I suspect many long for the USSR days and support territorial expansion. They've never had much individual freedom so they overlook his iron fist methods.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
My perception is that most Russians like that Putin talks and walks tough for Russia. I suspect many long for the USSR days and support territorial expansion. They've never had much individual freedom so they overlook his iron fist methods.
"Individual freedom" - that's for people with money ( at least in modern world.)
Russians ( in general) never had much money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe