Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2016, 08:15 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Heh no. This is who/what Russians like;

David Husselhoff wouldn't cut it there.
Strange he's singing in english.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 08:17 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
nothing is too late. The concept of judgment is a lie un-fairly brought upon this world due to convenience. Let me be very clear, ALL people are inherently good, the only difference is some do things that are wrong, but they can be convinced otherwise. The idea that once a person or persons does a bad thing for however long you like is defined by it is an abusive lie meant to hold the human race down. Punishment is never the answer, for there is crime in the world, but there are no criminals in this world.
That's a new concept to me))))

Old 04-28-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Strange he's singing in english.
Why "strange"?
English goes rather well with Italian disco)))

Old 04-28-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Utterly absurd.

Many (most?) of the top Michelin-starred restaurants in Europe have non-native chefs. Paris has had an explosion of Japanese and American chefs in the top Michelin restaurants.

How can so many top Parisian chefs be foreigners? If only French people can cook French food then why does Michelin award stars to so many foreigners?

The #1 ranked bistro in all of France, has a Japanese chef:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/30/di...ese-chefs.html
It's not about "Michelin - starred restaurants," it's about your corner caffees, your neighborhood restaurants and what you can get away with in your daily life.
The "old world" does it better.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:39 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,759 times
Quote:
It's not about "Michelin - starred restaurants," it's about your corner caffees, your neighborhood restaurants and what you can get away with in your daily life.
Also, is argue that most top chefs are indeed native.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ed_restaurants

Old 04-28-2016, 08:39 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Except that all the experts in the culinary world disagree with your opinion.

Again, the top ranked bistro in France has a Japanese chef. We are talking a casual streetfront restaurant, not a fancy venue. The recently #1 ranked ramen place in Tokyo is headed by a Jewish-American chef from New York.

The idea that good cooking is dependent on ancestry/bloodline is bizarre, to be sure. Almost certainly a racist viewpoint. You seriously think that ramen can only be cooked by Japanese, or only a Vienese chef can make Sachertorte? LOL. Probably half the kitchen in the Hotel Sacher is foreign. Egyptians are now the pizzeria owners in Italy. Albanians are now the pizzeria owners in NYC.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Except that all the experts in the culinary world disagree with your opinion.

Again, the top ranked bistro in France has a Japanese chef. We are talking a casual streetfront restaurant, not a fancy venue. The recently #1 ranked ramen place in Tokyo is headed by a Jewish-American chef from New York.

The idea that good cooking is dependent on ancestry/bloodline is bizarre, to be sure. Almost certainly a racist viewpoint. You seriously think that ramen can only be cooked by Japanese, or only a Vienese chef can make Sachertorte? LOL. Probably half the kitchen in the Hotel Sacher is foreign. Egyptians are now the pizzeria owners in Italy. Albanians are now the pizzeria owners in NYC.
What "culinary experts?"
You don't need to be an "expert" to say that sweets suck in the US comparably, say, to Germany.
Same goes to American sausages ( just an example) that might be of 10 different sorts yet amazingly enough still taste the same. Same goes to American cheeses that can't compare in quality to European cheeses.
I don't care about your "top ranked bistros" or "#1 ranked ramen place in Tokyo" - there the "experts in the culinary" can argue all they want and award whatever they like to those places.
I am talking about the daily life.
And "racist view point"? Egyptians and Japanese - aren't they from the "old world" as well?
So no particular racism here, when it comes to cooking.
But that's cooking.
Overall that doesn't mean that I don't have any "racist inclinations," because I certainly do and I am aware of it.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:48 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Mhm... Guy with a religious obsession, (former?) member of an evangelical free church in Germany, not believing in organised churches, you even posted about your problems with gays on city-data. Sounds an awful lot like the svenM that is posting homophobic posts on a variety of webpages for ages.

Hallo allerseits! - Thema anzeigen• bibel.com •

Gründung einer Anti-Homo-Union - Thema anzeigen• bibel.com •
https://www.google.de/?gws_rd=ssl#q=svenm

Means nothing, seems that my nick was chosen wisely though, in order that nobody can track my identity, maybe too good when I'm blamed for other persons actions - but that's the reality of the internet, my real name is not even Sven btw.

To be not totally off topic, I take data privacy serious, the NSA affair might be another reason why some Germans are upset with the US, it didn't suprise me, what were these people thinking, that they actually anonymous in the Internet?

Old 04-29-2016, 01:26 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,993 times
PS: I will answer this in greater detail since you would dwell further on it anyway, but let's leave at that then, at least here.

My religious beliefs are no secret, in fact I registered here for the sole purpose to take part in religious discussions. We had a heated debate for months if not years about the fate of the damned, universalism vs. the eternity of hell and the idea of eternity in general, when everything was said I became inactive here for years, only dropping in from time to time, seeing if the debate is still going on. It might surprise you on which side I was/am but check it for yourself, I started plenty of threads, you have to search in the Christianity section but I have the impression you already did.

Homosexuality is a topic of little concern for me, and is not much a matter of theological controversity either since the Bible is pretty clear on that, so no need to bring that topic up again and again. But you're right, I do not approve homosexuality of course.

I care little about individual homosexuals as they always existed and it is pointless to punish them, you would have to punish adulterers and blasphemists also then, but transgressions against God's laws should be punished by God, not by men and I do not believe that Christians are called to establish a theocracy on earth, this is not biblical.

However I consider homosexuality a harm to society and I oppose the Homosexualist propaganda and the government's and media's agenda to embrace homosexual lifestyle as something normal or desirable, this is not only a religious but also a political issue, the Homosexualists have gone too far. Homosexualist contents should be banned from the public as in Russia, this does not mean I that want homosexuals to be punished as individuals as written above. If you think this is homophobic, what do you think about Islam?

While homosexuality is harmful, it is not the threat to our societies as a whole as is Islam in my opinion and I would not side myself with Muslims only to oppose Homosexualists since Islam is the greater evil. The homosexuals will have a hard time in future due to the Muslim influx, but they got it coming since they are part of the multiculturalist agenda, so I couldn't care less about them.

While that other SvenM has indeed similar opinions as I have which is no secret, it still was not me, though I admittedly had to think for a minute if I could have written that, but no. Neither have I produced any YT videos, I think we should leave at that now.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:28 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,063 times
Tell me, are Germans any upset over the fact that their gold reserve is stored in the USA, not in their own country? Or is it a fact of little significance to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe