Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2016, 05:27 PM

26,789 posts, read 22,567,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
PS: I will answer this in greater detail since you would dwell further on it anyway, but let's leave at that then, at least here.

My religious beliefs are no secret, in fact I registered here for the sole purpose to take part in religious discussions. We had a heated debate for months if not years about the fate of the damned, universalism vs. the eternity of hell and the idea of eternity in general, when everything was said I became inactive here for years, only dropping in from time to time, seeing if the debate is still going on. It might surprise you on which side I was/am but check it for yourself, I started plenty of threads, you have to search in the Christianity section but I have the impression you already did.

Homosexuality is a topic of little concern for me, and is not much a matter of theological controversity either since the Bible is pretty clear on that, so no need to bring that topic up again and again. But you're right, I do not approve homosexuality of course.

I care little about individual homosexuals as they always existed and it is pointless to punish them, you would have to punish adulterers and blasphemists also then, but transgressions against God's laws should be punished by God, not by men and I do not believe that Christians are called to establish a theocracy on earth, this is not biblical.

However I consider homosexuality a harm to society and I oppose the Homosexualist propaganda and the government's and media's agenda to embrace homosexual lifestyle as something normal or desirable, this is not only a religious but also a political issue, the Homosexualists have gone too far. Homosexualist contents should be banned from the public as in Russia, this does not mean I that want homosexuals to be punished as individuals as written above. If you think this is homophobic, what do you think about Islam?

While homosexuality is harmful, it is not the threat to our societies as a whole as is Islam in my opinion and I would not side myself with Muslims only to oppose Homosexualists since Islam is the greater evil. The homosexuals will have a hard time in future due to the Muslim influx, but they got it coming since they are part of the multiculturalist agenda, so I couldn't care less about them.

While that other SvenM has indeed similar opinions as I have which is no secret, it still was not me, though I admittedly had to think for a minute if I could have written that, but no. Neither have I produced any YT videos, I think we should leave at that now.
The same opinion is quite often expressed by the *middle class* Russians ( from what I can see on FB and other sites,) except for any referrals to Christianity ( but then again Church and Christianity in Russia is a whole different matter.)

P.S. I would be interested to read your posts in the "Religion" section. Although normally I don't go there, I might do a search)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 07:01 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,654,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
This whole global citizenship thing is utter BS. There are so many various cultures around the world that it is impossible to relate oneself to all of them. You cannot identify with Germany and Somaly, or with Sweden and Cuba at the same time.
Whatever gave you the idea that "Global Citizenship" had anything to do with relating to every culture, or just the culture of any individual country? If people want to feel like they are Global Citizens, they're free to do so, and maybe/maybe not act accordingly, and you can diss them from now to eternity and it won't make a blind bit of difference.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:07 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Harold View Post
Those are the products I find the best in Germany. In addition to quality, they are very inexpensive, almost shockingly so.
Yes, Germany does good, cheap bread and cheese and yogurt, very well. Germany is good at high quality basic foods.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post
The term "global citizen" or the German translation "Weltbürger" is pretty unheard-of in Germany. I guess most Germans never think about this term or this concept. But that doesn't mean that they have a different attitude about this, or that they are isolationistic.
Or maybe many Germans think that the world outside of Germany is in most parts crazy During the Financial and Euro crisis and all the horrible news from other countries, many Germans maybe think that Germany is one of the few places where the situation has improved in the last 10 years. Sometimes it seems that we live in a land of bliss (Insel der Glückseligkeit). Some of the worst problems we had seem to be nearly solved now. Especially the high unemployment and the budget deficits.
Your statement is internally contradictory. If, as you say, the term "weltburger" is unheard of in Germany and Germans don't think about it, how would you know that German attitudes are similar or different from others?
The poll suggests German attitudes are different. Why would you disagree? Do you have evidence to support your contention?

I haven't been to Germany for over twenty years. I'll be there briefly in July. Last time i was there I had trouble at the gas station paying for a fill up with a credit card. I hope Germany has since caught up with the rest of the world in that regard. Germany was certainly different from the rest of the developed world in that respect.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
The global citizen thing is more out of step with the rest of the world. That whole poll is pretty retarded.
You seem capable of easily dismissing the poll as retarded, but incapapable of articulating why you think so, which leaves me wondering who is...........

Poll was conducted by Globescan They have a solid reputation with both non-profits and MNC's and count German companies, BMW, Siemens and VW among their clients. Pardon me if I opt for their collective wisdom over your.............

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GlobeScan

Old 04-29-2016, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Thats the only thing I miss from Germany. THE FOOD. Can call my family. Friends. Chat over Whatsapp.

But miss the foooooooooooooooood. Roll out of Aldi with a full cart of items for 30 euros.
Your wait is over. Aldi just opened 25 stores in SoCal, 10 on one day last week, with a lot more to come I believe. They are building at least one if not two distribution centers in SoCal.

ALDI US - Store Locator

Old 04-29-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMD View Post
Your wait is over. Aldi just opened 25 stores in SoCal, 10 on one day last week, with a lot more to come I believe. They are building at least one if not two distribution centers in SoCal.

ALDI US - Store Locator

We have AlDI in (relatively small 50,000+ ) town where I live in Wisconsin. But German products there are far and between. It's now mostly American products, although it USED to be a better selection of German ( and sometimes other European variety.)

Old 04-29-2016, 07:25 PM

ALDI is all over the U.S. now.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
ALDI is all over the U.S. now.
The question is, what can you find there?

Old 04-29-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
The question is, what can you find there?
I don't know. ALDI is a basic, kind of cheap/crappy store in Germany, so I don't see why I visit it in the U.S. I have Whole Foods and other nicer grocers in my neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe