Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 04:27 AM

9,370 posts, read 14,319,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
With an intolerant and expanding Muslim population, daily terrorist attacks, and an inept government. What is the likelihood of a civil war in France within the next 10 years?

Thoughts?
The facts on the ground clearly show that the current people in government have certainly been derelict in one of their most basic duties to legal taxpaying citizens. They may even be complicit in certain crimes. What is clear, they are not derelict in collecting taxes and giving back lip service in return.

Nonetheless, most likely some people in government at some point will take that aspect of the job more seriously, and avert civil war/outright invasion, but it probably won't be the current quislings in power who instead will most likely continue to only collect taxes and pay lip service to various platitudes.

In any event, expect at least some aspects of Saudi-style Sunni government to be a regular part of the social fabric in so-called western countries over the next 10 years and over the course of this century.

Good Luck!

Last edited by bale002; 07-28-2016 at 05:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 04:58 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,877,240 times
First they came for the Jewish people , but you thought "after all, they pay for the criminal politics of Istrael towards the Palestinians, it's a form of immanent Justice", so you said nothing.
Then they came for the cartoonists but you thought 'after all they gravely insulted The Prophet in their cartoons so in a way they deserved it"
Then they came for random people at cafés or musical venues but you thought 'maybe it's a punishment for our western hedonistic, selfish way of life"
Then they came for soldiers and you thought "after all our government attacked them in Afghanistan , Lybia , Syria, so it's an understandable retaliation"
Then they slaughtered vacationers randomly and you thought "well they were unlucky, they were at the wrong place at the wrong time"
Then they butchered a priest in his Church during mass and you thought "what was that priest thinking, celebrating mass in a majority moslem town"?
Then they came for you and there was nobody left to defend you....

Old 07-28-2016, 06:17 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
Yes 11 terrorist attacks in 40 years....
And even with all the terrorist attacks we had in 2015/2016, crime rate is still below than any other country in the world.
Errr, try twenty terror attacks since 2003, and no, France's crime rate is definitely not "below any other country." In fact, it's violent crime rate is higher than most European countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ents_in_France
Countries ranked by Intentional homicides (per 100,000 people)

Old 07-28-2016, 06:30 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,877,240 times
Errr, try twenty terror attacks since 2003, and no, France's crime rate is definitely not "below any other country." In fact, it's violent crime rate is higher than most European countries.

Countries ranked by Intentional homicides (per

Yes, but amaroW is the kind of people who, as long he is not personally a victim, doesn't give a damn.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:32 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Countries ranked by Intentional homicides (per 100,000 people)
There needs to be some caution when comparing international violent crime figures as different countries use very different methods to calculate violent crime and include very different offences.

Other than the recent attacks, France does not strike me as a very violent country, however the homicide rate will now be skewed by a few terrorist attacks.

As for terrorist attacks few countries in Europe have had as many as the UK when groups such as the IRA, INLA and other such organisations used to reguarly commit terrorist attrocities. So I have every sympathy for the French and it should not be forgotten that the US has had the most terrorist related deaths in the western world so far this century.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
There needs to be some caution when comparing international violent crime figures as different countries use very different methods to calculate violent crime and include very different offences.
Regardless of how you count it - France is not "safer than any other country," and the irrefutable fact is that terrorist attacks in France are increasing, and that there have been MANY more attacks than "eleven in the past forty years."

Those are the points I was addressing.

And you're right - many countries "spin" their crime reporting stats or make trying to figure out comparative crime stats difficult, whether intentionally or not. One thing the EU ought to do, to make itself useful, is standardize crime reporting methods.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:45 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Regardless of how you count it - France is not "safer than any other country," and the irrefutable fact is that terrorist attacks in France are increasing, and that there have been MANY more attacks than "eleven in the past forty years."

Those are the points I was addressing.

And you're right - many countries "spin" their crime reporting stats or make trying to figure out comparative crime stats difficult, whether intentionally or not. One thing the EU ought to do, to make itself useful, is standardize crime reporting methods.
I can see the point you are making, but is anywhere that safe.

The US has dramaticaly improved it's intelligence and security since 9/11, as did the UK during the Terrorist attacks by the IRA and other groups and post 7/7, and I am sure the French will improve their security and intelligence.

However no where is 100% safe, esoecially in relation to lone wolf unknown terrorists.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:06 AM

820 posts, read 954,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post

Countries ranked by Intentional homicides (per

Yes, but amaroW is the kind of people who, as long he is not personally a victim, doesn't give a damn.
Not a victim? I am a victim of one of these attack...I was very lucky.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I can see the point you are making, but is anywhere that safe.

The US has dramaticaly improved it's intelligence and security since 9/11, as did the UK during the Terrorist attacks by the IRA and other groups and post 7/7, and I am sure the French will improve their security and intelligence.

However no where is 100% safe, esoecially in relation to lone wolf unknown terrorists.
I was correcting erroneous information. Period. I didn't say anything about how to make any place safer, or any place being 100 percent safe.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:08 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,296,223 times
I don't think it is a religious war since most people are hardly religious these days.

This is a class / social war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe