Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2017, 08:13 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,192,631 times

Advertisements

okay "language", sorry....

oh well, last message.... like i said above, if it's Fillon or Le Pen this country is even more doomed than before, the best choice is Hamon or eventually Macron (but even that would be bad)

Fillon and Le Pen are of course the worse of them all, Fillon is socially backwards, he's going to put France back in 1900, got problem with abortion, want to cut jobs, has a very bad bad bad bad view of everything, he's way too conservative, france needs a president that will make things go forward not make it worse : /

Hamon is awesome, he's for legalizing cannabis, legalizing euthanasia, legalizing ART for lesbian couples, he's very much involved in ecology, he cares for the igrants and for the poor, he want to create jobs and help young doctors, he even want to create a squad of people who will be paid to ensure that there is less descrimination etc no other candidates as a programthat good and "optimistic", all the others are mostly backwards and frankly worrying

nevermind, good luck france....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 04:20 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,293,418 times
Fillon has a problem now:

France's Fillon acts to head off scandal over wife's work | Reuters

Old 01-25-2017, 07:48 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,192,631 times
probably won't do much to his "popularity", if people really chose him as president many are gonna regret it later, i can't understand how his programme could be appealing to anybody, aren't french people tired of old, stuck up, ultra conservative, dangerous head of state? seriously, welcome back to the time of our grandparents....

Old 01-26-2017, 03:14 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,382,164 times
Pretty sure François Fillon will win. France needs to say goodbye to the left.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:55 PM

820 posts, read 954,154 times
Marine Le pen can't reach more than 25% (left wing economic policies)
Fillon has only 20% (right)

The left is much more powerfull thanks to François Hollande but unfortunately there are too many candidates and Fillon vs Le Pen will be a disaster.

Macron (left) 20%
Mélanchon (extrem left) 17%
Hamon (left) 17%
The rest (extrem left) XX%

Conservatives economic policies like in the UK or the USA are not accepted in France by 70% of people. We know it does not work.

PS: I am not worried at all because Macron will win and will make France great like always

Old 01-26-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
have you seen what I posted above ? A candidate pratonizing the people about good behavior with evidence that he did not follow said good behavior. Nothing new, really, but I'd be gutted if he was to become the president.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:09 PM

1,274 posts, read 979,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
No chance, Fillon was the candidate people in the right would go for instead of Marine Le Pen. Right now, with the scandal, Fillon is discredited. If Fillon does not have enough support, Marine Le Pen will get to the 2nd tour and there, if there is someone from the left, or even Macron, they will get destroyed...

It would worry me to see Marine Le Pen as the president of France but since we live in a world where people always want to show they can do worst, I expect the worst as well.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:29 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,382,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
No chance, Fillon was the candidate people in the right would go for instead of Marine Le Pen. Right now, with the scandal, Fillon is discredited. If Fillon does not have enough support, Marine Le Pen will get to the 2nd tour and there, if there is someone from the left, or even Macron, they will get destroyed...

It would worry me to see Marine Le Pen as the president of France but since we live in a world where people always want to show they can do worst, I expect the worst as well.
Outside of Paris, people will vote "republican" he is gonna win with scandal and everyhing

Old 02-01-2017, 02:52 PM

2,825 posts, read 5,265,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
Marine Le pen can't reach more than 25% (left wing economic policies)
Fillon has only 20% (right)

The left is much more powerfull thanks to François Hollande but unfortunately there are too many candidates and Fillon vs Le Pen will be a disaster.

Macron (left) 20%
Mélanchon (extrem left) 17%
Hamon (left) 17%
The rest (extrem left) XX%

Conservatives economic policies like in the UK or the USA are not accepted in France by 70% of people. We know it does not work.

PS: I am not worried at all because Macron will win and will make France great like always
The "left" is actually very week nowadays in France. People who want to vote macron are from centrist ideologies, economically liberal.

To Put in the same bag of "left" Melanchon, Macron and the extreme left is just absurd. Economically Macron is centrist, like Bayrou or even Juppé. He has nothing in common with mélanchon, Hamon or even with much of the PS.

The ideological left is around 25%, 30% at best.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:07 PM

I've just read all left-wing programs, from Macron to Mélanchon, and Hamon is the one that appeals to me the most. They also included Jadot (ecology party)

Macron has interesting propositions but he is economically too liberal for me. He is also pro-nuclear and diesel which is a no for me.

Mélenchon said France could get out of the EU under certain circumstances, and is not very keen on NATO either, whereas he's been known to be positive about Putin, although that has to be confirmed. I certainly want France to stay in the EU, weakening the union is the worst thing in the current context of Trump and Putin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe