Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 09:15 PM

10,221 posts, read 15,917,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
The reports you referenced were taken around the time of the Iraq war. Attitudes are very different nowadays.

London is practically completely gentrified far more-so than cities like New York or even Paris. Finsbury Park is actually a pretty good neighbourhood and East London just keeps getting better and better.

You could look at Luton potentially. Perhaps the UK's most muslim city.
But that is still telling about the Islamic European society, where when there is a conflict between the UK and an Islamic country, the Muslims in England side with the international Muslims, vs be loyal to Britain. This does show a lack of assimilation both culturally and politically. You can be opposed to the Iraq war without thinking suicide bombings on British soil are justifiable.

So with fewer British Muslims thinking terrorism on British soil is justified, I wonder if its because British troops are no longer in Iraq, or because they are truly more assimilated into British society.....I suspect its the former.

Imam Anjem Choudary, a prominent British Muslim leader, appears on Fox News regularly and makes many shocking statements including his open support for sharia law and his refusal to denounce Hamas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 10:53 PM

10,221 posts, read 15,917,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Europe has effective social safety nets and gun control: nowhere comes close to the poverty and danger of American cities. I certainly felt safe visiting Copenhagen's Nørrebro, and that's a so called "no go zone" according to American media. I knew people that lived there with no problems. Overall, if your serious about writing this novel (lol) I would actually visit Europe and see for yourself. London is pretty integrated - in terms of income and ethnicity - so its more common to see newly arrived immigrants walking the sidewalks with well paid professionals. It was my impression in France that their cities were more segregated.

I personally think Marseille would be a good place for a crime novel.
I do plan on looking more into Marseille as it has a reputation within France of being a tough and heavily Muslim and Arab city. I wonder how its worst quarters compare with the notorious Paris banlieues that erupted in riots before. Amazing that the French riots lasted a month, while even the LA riots in 1992 were put down in 4 days. In Baltimore the mayor was even criticized for issuing a stand down order and giving the rioters "space to destroy". A month of rioting in an American ghetto would be a complete scandal.

Not a serious novel, just a fanfic story based on the hero of the Vince FLynn books which were very popular in the US. It deals with a CIA assassin combating Islamic terrorism with a hero who is American but is dark complexioned and has learned fluent Arabic so he can infiltrate the Middle East easily. Most of my story is actually supposed to take place in Central America and Mexico and deal with a powerful cartel using any means necessary to stop the border wall, but the opening in Europe introduces the hero in his main element. Also what happens in the "no-go zone" creates a rift between the hero and his team (his partner disobeys orders and comes to rescue him when a large force of Muslim gunmen converge on the housing block) and there will be lots of unanswered questions about the target.

The mission in the Islamic community will involve the CIA going after a local terror cell that has kidnapped and murdered an American-Israeli businessman, but it will later be revealed that rather than a simple anti-Semitic terrorist act, the jihadis had simply claimed responsibility and didn't do the kidnapping, which was contracted out to a local Arab gang but bankrolled by the Mexicans. The murder victim's company was a primary contractor in the Mexican border wall (which is modeled after Israel's West Bank barrier) so the Mexican cartels killed him and tortured him for the designs. But that was not enough so the Mexicans and Central Americans also need to kidnap a CIA computer hacker to completely defeat the new border wall.

The opening will still be important to the plot as the hero's partner does his own investigating and uncovers the connection between the Mexicans and the terrorist attack and how both that and the computer hacker's kidnapping in Central America are linked. It also serves to show the hero in his element in an Islamic setting because he later has to go to Latin America which is completely unfamiliar to him which places him at a distinct disadvantage.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:34 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,721,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post

So with fewer British Muslims thinking terrorism on British soil is justified, I wonder if its because British troops are no longer in Iraq, or because they are truly more assimilated into British society.....I suspect its the former.

Imam Anjem Choudary, a prominent British Muslim leader, appears on Fox News regularly and makes many shocking statements including his open support for sharia law and his refusal to denounce Hamas.
Did you even see the videos I posted? Anjem Choudary is facing 10 years behind bars, how can he be on Fox News regularly? You're living in the past. The Iraq war is unjustifiable and we have America to thank for that! - Not to mention the ensuing fallout Europe has had to deal with. There is far more integration happening than you think (in the UK at least) although vestiges of a medieval interpretation of islam obviously doesn't disappear over night and those practices are rightly outlawed. I just thank God for our excellent UK police intelligence.

And as for the incidence with women being harassed in muslim neighbourhoods. The police crackdown happened as soon as the reports came in. The truth is that although there are issues the UK is more than capable of handling and turning it around so that muslims themselves recognise their barbaric thoughts and cultural practices. The UK has had to deal with plenty barbarians, from Vikings to Nazis, this won't be an exception!

Last edited by Pueblofuerte; 02-17-2017 at 02:08 AM..

Old 02-17-2017, 01:53 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,721,600 times
British muslim vs French muslim

Old 02-17-2017, 02:35 AM

387 posts, read 379,961 times
Quote:
I do plan on looking more into Marseille as it has a reputation within France of being a tough and heavily Muslim and Arab city. I wonder how its worst quarters compare with the notorious Paris banlieues that erupted in riots before. Amazing that the French riots lasted a month, while even the LA riots in 1992 were put down in 4 days
Marseille (30 murders) is a kindergarten compared to Chicago (762 murders)...

1992 LA riots = 2300 wounded, 55 killed in 4 days
2005 French riots (all France) = 56 wounded, 6 Killed in 1 month

Old 02-17-2017, 03:02 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,684,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordeaux33 View Post
Marseille (30 murders) is a kindergarten compared to Chicago (762 murders)...

1992 LA riots = 2300 wounded, 55 killed in 4 days
2005 French riots (all France) = 56 wounded, 6 Killed in 1 month
Comparing a french city to Chicago (or European one to Chicago in general) is a nonsense... They re just NOT boxing in the same category ! The Ile de France has roughly 100/120 people killed in streets each years ( 12 millions inhabitants and ofc including the 'terrible no go zone' Seine Saint Denis.). In 2015, worst year since WWII because of two terrorist attacks, we must be around 230/250. Chicago is around 700 hundred for 8/9 million people living in the city and its suburbs.

You re quite right with these riots figures, violence is not at the same level ( ouf, no guns!) but anyway, the question ' why it lasted 3 weeks ' is legitimate... It should be few days maximum !

Old 02-17-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamedd al mansur View Post
Mohammad freed all slaves that converted to the true faith, but in America slaves are confined to areas in which they live in squalor.
"the true faith"... I still don't understand how arrogant religious people must be to declare that their religion is 'the truth' and to other people that don't believe in the same god Are you a troll? Btw, slavery doesnt exist anymore in America

Old 02-17-2017, 06:31 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,049,587 times
Quote:
Mohammad freed all slaves that converted to the true faith, but in America slaves are confined to areas in which they live in squalor.
What about those who did not convert?

Old 02-17-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
They are dimmis, they have to pay an insignificant tax that serves to maintain their churches.

Muslims can't be racist against blacks, a serious crime, we honor the memory of Alli.
there's nothing to say when I read this

Old 02-17-2017, 10:42 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,345,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
Oh please that happens in protests all over the US and worse. You just need to look over the pond the past couple of weeks.

Is there an issue with Islamic extremism? Yes, there is. Is there an issue with "moderate" Islamics excusing or propagating medieval beliefs? Yes. But even with all these issues no-go areas don't exist in the UK and homicide rates are nowhere near US levels, homicides that are even propagated by police themselves.

Source: Metro

In any case muslims don't make up the majority of immigrants to the UK. Catholics (Polish, Irish, Jamaican, French, Spanish, South American, Portuguese, Italian), other Christian (Jamaican, Nigerian, Ghanaian) and Hindus (India) do. There will be no sharia threatening the UK, it won't be allowed by the Brits or the rest of the migrant community if it even needs to come to that!
I find it very easy to believe that an Island nation with the population of three US metropolitan areas would have fewer casualties.

It also helps when your imperial crimes, like setting up vast slavery enterprises, was conducted thousands of miles away across giant oceans so that the lingering social implications are the burden of the descendants of your former colonizers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe