Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 10:10 PM

26,832 posts, read 22,606,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Keep in mind that every Russian alive today grew up in a system that taught them invading/controlling smaller countries around it is the only way to be safe. Its been this way since Stalin allied with Hitler in 1939. They don't care if this makes them poorer overall as the ones running the country are fabulously wealthy.

Oh quit your propaganda already.

Stalin never "allied with Hitler" volunteerely.

He did so once he figured out what games the "allies" were playing.

But at this point don't give Russians and Germans any wrong ideas.

Feel the love in the air?

At this point they are sharing only the dessert, but they might decide to sit down for the whole meal course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivpe4ssRYSw

What will be left of "Ukraine" do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And if the citizens of said periphery would rather not be controlled? This is exactly why entities like EU and NATO membership are essential. I'm sure Russia would feel safer if they controlled, say, Estonia. But the Estonians don't want them, don't like them, and have the experience to justify their dislike.

And that's exactly by whom they are controlled.

Apparently you mistakenly think that "not been controlled by Russia" means to be free from anyone's control.

Alas it's not a case, it means only changing the master and serving this new master.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:30 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,872,021 times
See? I told you guys... They actually BELIEVE in Russian propaganda about the EU. They cannot even understand why countries would want to be in the EU over being controlled by Russia. It is THAT bad.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:48 PM

Quote:
See? I told you guys... They actually BELIEVE in Russian propaganda about the EU. They cannot even understand why countries would want to be in the EU over being controlled by Russia. It is THAT bad.

What "propaganda" are you talking about?
We perfectly understand that "EU" consists of different countries, with different national interests, and that "old Europe" and "new Europe" are not one and the same thing. ( That they are all one, homogeneous union is the false idea, a propaganda actually that YOU are trying to promote here, not us.)

We perfectly understand that former Eastern European countries that used to be under Russia's thumb are poor ( if not to say destitute) in EU, so they constantly want to boast their importance, while peddling their hatred towards Russia.

I mean what else do they have to offer?
Not only that, they keep on pushing for more and more hostile actions against Russian interests, hoping to admit more and more anti-Russian members to the "European Union," thus trying to increase their own clout in EU.

But this doesn't mean necessarily that it serves the interests of the Old European countries, that's all to it.

Old 06-15-2021, 12:18 AM

1,348 posts, read 628,823 times
Quote:
Keep in mind that every Russian alive today grew up in a system that taught them invading/controlling smaller countries around it is the only way to be safe. Its been this way since Stalin allied with Hitler in 1939. They don't care if this makes them poorer overall as the ones running the country are fabulously wealthy.

"Whose cow would moo, and yours cow would be better silent.". (c) Russian proverb.

Throughout its history, the United States has participated around in 226 wars. And a half of them,if not more, are invasions in other countries.

Old 06-15-2021, 03:15 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,031,404 times
I can never get the obsession of the pro-eu idiots, you'd think they've lost a bet or something. The UK left, Czechia and Sweden don't want to hear about the euro, the euro is a 20+ years old outdated project, not quite bitcoin is it? On top of that: a guy who is chasing his 80s and isn't even from Europe is supposed to decide the future of our children, "good news" lol. Yeah I forgot: the eu totally failed to address covid-19. The alternative? Serbia, Norway, Switzerland - some richer, some poor but they all live normally without the pro-american, outdated bull****, pseudo-soviet union.

Old 06-15-2021, 05:50 AM

2,242 posts, read 1,346,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What will be left of "Ukraine" do you think?
I don't think the warmongers care. This whole show is no more than political gaslighting to make Putin uncomfortable days before another round of negotiations commence.

Their real target is China. The competition is getting unbearable.
https://www.uahirise.org/hipod/ESP_069665_2055
2021-June-10
Tianwen-1 Lander and Zhurong Rover in Southern Utopia Planitia

After this report came out,
".. three governments that are attending the Cornish summit as guests: India, Australia and South Korea.
Those three countries have more in common than elective democracy, of course. They also all have serious issues with China — which is why they are presumptive allies in a world that appears to be dividing, once again, into antagonistic blocs."

South Korea immediately released this communiqué:
https://world.kbs.co.kr/service/news...eq_Code=162152
Vice Minister Denies S. Korea's Participation in G7 Communique Criticizing China
2021-06-14
Second Vice Foreign Minister Choi Jong-moon has denied South Korea took part in a joint communique issued by the Group of Seven (G7) that directly criticized human rights abuses in China.

I am afraid that war is not far now and the other countries around the Pacific region will suffer for it. Already there have been several reports that one of China's top 6 military strategists had defected.

Old 06-15-2021, 06:26 AM

10,143 posts, read 15,024,668 times
I once had a girlfriend of Moldovan origin and one thing I definitely kept from the relationship was a tip she drilled on me during its duration: don't trust the Russians.

Years later I met a Russian (never been to Russia and I'm not in a hurry to change that any time soon.) The guy had a very likeable personality. I think anyone would have a problem not befriending the guy once they met him. As much as he was likeable, one thing I couldn't do and that was giving him my trust. That Moldovan chick did an amazing job! lol

Btw, she was like a model. One of the most beautiful women I ever dated (personality wise she was sort of bipolar and that's the main reason we split up, had it not been for that we probably would had been together all the way to today.) I remember everywhere we went people used to stare at her because of her incredibly good looks. I think that's normal in Moldova.

Old 06-15-2021, 08:50 AM

47,010 posts, read 26,056,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And that's exactly by whom they are controlled.
"Controlled" by NATO? You may want to re-think that.

Quote:
Alas it's not a case, it means only changing the master and serving this new master.
EU membership is perfectly voluntary, and that's a pretty serious difference to Russia's historic approach. Because Russia never really gave a hoot about the local population and what they might desire. It's not even a comparison.

If you're a small and fairly well-off country neighboring a large, poor and paranoid one that's sliding into fascism - damn straight, you gain membership in as many associations as you can. Because if there's one thing European history teaches, it is that countries don't have friends, they have interests.

One in four Russian males don't make it to 55. They could probably stand to bring their own house in order a bit.

Old 06-15-2021, 10:11 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,031,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

EU membership is perfectly voluntary.

No it is not. There was no referendum for instance when Bulgaria joined in 2007 and before, meanwhile burning the eu flag carries sentence of up to 2 years. That's pure imperialism and no other way around it. Like I said: brexit, the rise of china, bitcoin and Macron getting slapped lol are just the beginning of the end of this "union", better get to used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe