Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 10:46 AM

47,008 posts, read 26,056,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
No it is not. There was no referendum for instance when Bulgaria joined...
Bulgaria's government made a foreign policy decision in accordance with Bulgaria's constitution. The EU doesn't decide how that works. And shouldn't.

As for penalties for burning the EU flag, those are the laws of the member states. Not EU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 11:46 AM

26,830 posts, read 22,606,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiter View Post
I don't think the warmongers care. This whole show is no more than political gaslighting to make Putin uncomfortable days before another round of negotiations commence.

Their real target is China. The competition is getting unbearable.
https://www.uahirise.org/hipod/ESP_069665_2055
2021-June-10
Tianwen-1 Lander and Zhurong Rover in Southern Utopia Planitia

After this report came out,
".. three governments that are attending the Cornish summit as guests: India, Australia and South Korea.
Those three countries have more in common than elective democracy, of course. They also all have serious issues with China — which is why they are presumptive allies in a world that appears to be dividing, once again, into antagonistic blocs."

South Korea immediately released this communiqué:
https://world.kbs.co.kr/service/news...eq_Code=162152
Vice Minister Denies S. Korea's Participation in G7 Communique Criticizing China
2021-06-14
Second Vice Foreign Minister Choi Jong-moon has denied South Korea took part in a joint communique issued by the Group of Seven (G7) that directly criticized human rights abuses in China.

I am afraid that war is not far now and the other countries around the Pacific region will suffer for it. Already there have been several reports that one of China's top 6 military strategists had defected.

Oh, China is a big elephant in the room - that much is obvious.

This whole attempt to "negotiate" with Putin is a desire to sway him away from union with China.

When united, these two definitely represent a danger to the US.

But I will reiterate this question again - whose fault is it in the first place? (I already expressed my opinion about that country over and over again. And it's not a good one. )

So Putin ( or rather Lavrov) made it damn sure that the Sino-Russian union stays, and the Chinese will be briefed on anything and everything Biden will have to say to Putin.

Russians are no fools, they do understand the danger this union represent to the US ( and probably to some other Western powers - I really don't look into further details, since I have an aversion to even studying of the "China factor.")
So "ставки растут" as they say in Russian ( the bets are rising.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrfC7PGx9DE

And speaking of fools - this is going back to Ukraine as "anti-Russian project," and I still inclined to think that the Democrats are all over this project, watching how they were shredding Trump there.

So whose *brilliant idea* was it to make Russians pay into Ukrainian budget, while Ukraine is militarizing itself against Russia?

Because basically what it comes to now, the bleating idiots are saying to Germans "You supporting the NS 2 project deprives US of $3 billion transit fees that we receive from Russia. How dare. "
So according to Ukrainians, Germans have to sacrifice THEIR financial interests, while supporting Ukrainian militarization ( at Russia's expense minding you.) And why? Because Ukraine ( according to the bleating idiots) "protects Europe from Russian threat."
But wait, it doesn't stop there, recently Zelensky was requesting Germans to provide Ukraine with some weapons, as in "we know you have such and such, that we are very interested in."
As if Merkel of course has nothing better to do but to provide grenades to the monkeys just before her retirement.

I see Mercouris came up with the "G-7 anti-China flop," so I probably need to watch that one, before Putin-Biden summit tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-XWIu08ilw

Yes, the bets are rising.

Old 06-15-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Bulgaria's government made a foreign policy decision in accordance with Bulgaria's constitution. The EU doesn't decide how that works. And shouldn't.

As for penalties for burning the EU flag, those are the laws of the member states. Not EU.

"Bulgaria's government" you are saying?

Learn a bit more about people that sold off their country and its population, under all this "Russian threat" pretext.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/57150244-post5.html

In fact, go through the whole thread, it won't hurt you, since you obviously have big gaps in your understanding what this whole "anti-Russian union" is all about.

Bulgaria, a country that is destroyed

Old 06-15-2021, 12:47 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,031,404 times
^ Very true, but the EU fanboys have a ready answer for everything, pick one:

a) "EU saves eastern europe from russian invasion, look at the pro-russian Russians in eastern Ukraine, imagine Hungary!" ...
b) "It's their corrupt governments, the governments are always democratically elected in eastern europe without eu money".
c) "Without the EU Bulgaria will be as poor as Serbia or Croatia, ok"
d) "The EU saved europe from refugees, euro crisis and stopped covid".

It's a retardness en masse.

Old 06-15-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:

a) "EU saves eastern europe from russian invasion, look at the pro-russian Russians in eastern Ukraine, imagine Hungary!" ...
b) "It's their corrupt governments, the governments are always democratically elected in eastern europe without eu money".

I will probably have to sit down and to comment in details on the earlier post of Dane in LA ( and other EU "fanboys") on what repercussions took place after American involvement into internal Russian affairs thirty years ago, and why they affected the Eastern Europeans in such a negative way, in spite of the promises of the "better life" in exchange for continued support of anti-Russian policies.

Because that's precisely what backfired at them, since we all know that in EU some countries are "more equal than other," and this "strong and vibrant community" is not all that "strong and vibrant" as some would love to imagine.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:13 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,872,021 times
Quote:
"Controlled" by NATO? You may want to re-think that.

EU membership is perfectly voluntary, and that's a pretty serious difference to Russia's historic approach. Because Russia never really gave a hoot about the local population and what they might desire. It's not even a comparison.

If you're a small and fairly well-off country neighboring a large, poor and paranoid one that's sliding into fascism - damn straight, you gain membership in as many associations as you can. Because if there's one thing European history teaches, it is that countries don't have friends, they have interests.

One in four Russian males don't make it to 55. They could probably stand to bring their own house in order a bit.
They are never going to forgive the EU for enticing Ukraine away from them and for sanctioning Russia for invading Ukraine. The result is this information war, and they can only fight it with words and videos since they are much weaker than the EU even without NATO. Division of the EU is the entire purpose of Russia's relations with Europe. It seeps into every statement and position they take. Anyone in the EU who is unhappy with any part of it gets instant support too.

Even though, the standard of living is not even remotely comparable between Europeans and Russians, they think there is some large part of Europe who secretly want to join them. I can only guess where they come up with this belief...

Old 06-15-2021, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I will probably have to sit down and to comment in details on the earlier post of Dane in LA ( and other EU "fanboys") on what repercussions took place after American involvement into internal Russian affairs thirty years ago, and why they affected the Eastern Europeans in such a negative way...
Oh yes, life in the East Bloc was so awesome. Now? You can be a faithful Party Member for decades and still not move up on the waitlist for a Trabant.

Old 06-15-2021, 05:03 PM

Quote:

Be careful. A strawman that large could easily become a fire hazard.

Old 06-15-2021, 05:14 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,031,404 times
Quote:
Be careful. A strawman that large could easily become a fire hazard.

I didn't even know what strawman means, had to google it...good riddance maybe I need to switch to Chinese? Or wait...the UK left and its their language yet the Bonjour/Achtung people still use english as an EU language? It's weird but hey I didn't say the EU makes sense.

Old 06-15-2021, 06:26 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,462,539 times
Quote:
If you're a small and fairly well-off country neighboring a large, poor and paranoid one that's sliding into fascism
Were you referring to Ukraine? The Donbas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe