Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What country has the best looking European women?
Germany 0 0%
United Kingdom 2 5.88%
France 1 2.94%
Italy 3 8.82%
Spain 2 5.88%
Turkey 0 0%
Netherlands 2 5.88%
Switzerland 0 0%
Sweden 4 11.76%
Poland 2 5.88%
Belgium 0 0%
Austria 0 0%
Norway 1 2.94%
Denmark 1 2.94%
Ireland 1 2.94%
Finland 0 0%
Portugal 0 0%
Czech Republic 4 11.76%
Greece 0 0%
Romania 1 2.94%
Hungary 1 2.94%
Ukraine 2 5.88%
Slovakia 0 0%
Luxembourg 0 0%
Bulgaria 0 0%
Croatia 0 0%
Slovenia 0 0%
Latvia 0 0%
Estonia 2 5.88%
Other 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 01:38 PM

1,610 posts, read 917,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Only 10% (around 8.4 mill.) of the Turkish population live in Europe.
Just to clarify around 12 million live in East Thrace which is 14.4% of the population (2019). That is about the same population as metro Paris.

Old 10-12-2021, 01:49 PM

26,922 posts, read 22,812,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
In my opinion, Turkey is rather not part of Europe but women are quite beautiful there. Although the issue of where Turkey belongs is debatable.

Unfortunately, I could not vote for the Czechia because I had already cast my vote for Italy - as I usually do for such threads!

Agree. Some of them.
And if you move even further into the old "Persian territories," they can be even more beautiful.

They have that "umpf" factor, that you don't find too often in European women, that special touch.

And I think you rarely find this type of beauty in US either - they have here totally different blood lines.
But you can still see these types among the population of the Russian Federation/Former S.U.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpChukR9S2o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRtV55jules

So clearly that's Europeans mixed with something ( someone) else.
Quite beautiful they are.
But that's already not a "European look".

Old 10-12-2021, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
The disagreement here is that you do not believe countries can be transcontinental, I do. You don't believe Russians in Asia can't consider themselves Asian?

Lol no.
That's not what I "believe" - it's something I know FOR SURE.
When different ethnic groups live side by side over there ( both in Asian and European parts of Russia,) they all know who they are.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Lol no.
That's not what I "believe" - it's something I know FOR SURE.
When different ethnic groups live side by side over there ( both in Asian and European parts of Russia,) they all know who they are.
I have a hard time believing that most in Vladivostok would consider themselves European.

Old 10-12-2021, 02:51 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,404,973 times
Quote:
Agree. Some of them.
And if you move even further into the old "Persian territories," they can be even more beautiful.

They have that "umpf" factor, that you don't find too often in European women, that special touch.

And I think you rarely find this type of beauty in US either - they have here totally different blood lines.
But you can still see these types among the population of the Russian Federation/Former S.U.

So clearly that's Europeans mixed with something ( someone) else.
Quite beautiful they are.
But that's already not a "European look".

Yes, it seems to me that the beauty coming from of that direction is often and sometimes in this forum as well underrated. Of course, I'm not an expert on Turkish women, because I've just been there a few times but I remember those beautiful friendly flight attendants of Turkish Airlines. Iranians are definitely beautiful (although I haven't been there).

More from that region, ordinary young people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua95fPR6HC8

But in general, I have the feeling that when we are posting something about the appearance and beauty of women we are always balancing somewhere on the verge of (political) correctness. I'm absolutely not a male chauvinist, women are not "objects" for me. So if I really said something wrong now, please forgive me. It's because of my clumsiness, not because of my bad will.

Old 10-12-2021, 09:59 PM

Quote:
I have a hard time believing that most in Vladivostok would consider themselves European.

This is Vladivostok, local scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7QUFo8B_EM

What should they consider themselves other than European?
( I.e. what do they look like to you?)

Sure you can tell the difference between the locals ( Russians) and the crowds of the Chinese/Korean tourists downtown?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88HULYNj2tk

See, Russians ( while identifying themselves) don't care much about WHERE they are geographically-speaking.

They go by WHO they are, ethnically.

Since they are the biggest and "foundation-laying" ethnic group in Russian Federation, they live/build/organize throughout the whole territory of the country.

And if they build such city as Vladivostok in the same manner as other cities in the European part of Russia, then they will consider Vladivostok just another Russian ( European) city, even if geographically it's located in Asia. Particularly when population there is 92% ethnic Russians.

On another hand, if you are somewhere in Tatarstan ( which technically is in European part of Russia,) there the majority of ethnic population is not Russian but Tatars (so Asians.)

All live side by side, but when asked, they'll always identify themselves by their ethnicity, whether they are Russians/Tatars/Ukrainians and so on.

This is just to give a better idea what it looks like;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBUdOGYibtw

...and this is a Tatar girl ( a student in Moscow) showing her Russian friends Tatar restaurants in Kazan', ( Tatarstan's capital,) where they can get the authentic Tatar food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FqgnCXmHIQ

So your idea of "European Russia" gradually "transiting" into Asia is basically incorrect.

Old 10-12-2021, 10:08 PM

You're using race to define what belongs to a continent. I'll never accept that. Land doesn't change continents to whoever lives there. It is messed up for Edirne to be in Asia and Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk to be in Europe. That is it. No. And besides you're using European Russia for your examples, not valid - I agree that's part of Europe. If you feel strongly countries cannot de divided in different continents, then why do official sources say so. What about Hawaii?

Last edited by Lancerman; 10-12-2021 at 10:26 PM..

Old 10-12-2021, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
Yes, it seems to me that the beauty coming from of that direction is often and sometimes in this forum as well underrated. Of course, I'm not an expert on Turkish women, because I've just been there a few times but I remember those beautiful friendly flight attendants of Turkish Airlines. Iranians are definitely beautiful (although I haven't been there).

More from that region, ordinary young people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua95fPR6HC8

Nice video, but I am not a fan of Chechen look - they are shorter on average than other Caucasians. ( Plus I don't really like their facial features tbh.)
Georgians are better looking; even Azeri women are. ( But since both intersect with Iranians, no need for me to post it twice.)

But that's when we are talking about the best looks. The average ones are rather "meh" looking.

So I asked for a reason whether we were talking about the "average look" or "most beautiful" look.

On average I think Russian women actually look the best, but when it comes to exceptional beauty, then you need to look elsewhere.

Quote:
But in general, I have the feeling that when we are posting something about the appearance and beauty of women we are always balancing somewhere on the verge of (political) correctness. I'm absolutely not a male chauvinist, women are not "objects" for me. So if I really said something wrong now, please forgive me. It's because of my clumsiness, not because of my bad will.

I am the one who switched conversation in that direction, but you know who I am and I *objectify* everyone equally, be that men or women.
I like good-looking people, ( horses too btw, ) no matter who/where they are.
Back in SU drawing lessons were a must in my school, so while at that, me and the girl sitting next to me were always yaking, discussing that kind of things.

Plus all those museums and expositions, so it's simply a habit for me from the young age on)))

The image of perfection in my childhood)))

So yeah, you are safe as far as I am concerned)))

Old 10-12-2021, 11:05 PM

Quote:
You're using race to define what belongs to a continent. I'll never accept that. Land doesn't change continents to whoever lives there.

What?

Quote:
It is messed up for Edirne to be in Asia and Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk to be in Europe.
I don't think that those places "switched" the continents somehow.
The original population has been changed though.

Quote:
That is it. No. And besides you're using European Russia for your examples, not valid - I agree that's part of Europe.
Huh?

No, I used BOTH parts of Russia as an example; European part with Asian population, and Asian part of Russia with Russian population.

Quote:
If you feel strongly countries cannot de divided in different continents, then why do official sources say so.
Of course they can.

It's a different question with population - how it's distributed and what's behind it ( i.e. historic/cultural background.)
So there is no "one formula for all."

Quote:
What about Hawaii?
What's about it?

Old 10-12-2021, 11:10 PM

Quote:
What?

I don't think that those places "switched" the continents somehow.
The original population has been changed though.

Huh?

No, I used BOTH parts of Russia as an example; European part with Asian population, and Asian part of Russia with Russian population.

Of course they can.

It's a different question with population - how it's distributed and what's behind it ( i.e. historic/cultural background.)
So there is no "one formula for all."

What's about it?
Hawaii is not considered part of North America, but it's part of the United States. So that's not transcontinental?

I don't think there can be any common ground being found in this topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe