Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 02:36 PM

2,229 posts, read 769,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey_C_Earwicker View Post
Thanks, my bad.
Sometimes Estonia is included as a Nordic country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2022, 03:32 PM

Prostitution in Copenhagen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cQBkirf4CE

Old 10-11-2022, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
The alcohol consumption per capita is lower in Sweden and Norway compared with most European countries and the U.S. Denmark has a slightly higher consumption than the U.S. The drug problem in Scandinavia pales in comparison with the opioid epidemic in America. OxyContin, for instance, is only prescribed for severe pain.

Preventing an opioid epidemic in Norway: Focusing on treatment of chronic pain

Alcohol consumption per capita (2018) - litres of pure alcohol per capita

Germany - 12.9
France - 12.3
U.K. - 11.4
Denmark - 10.3
U.S. - 9.9
Sweden - 8.9
Norway - 7.4
ON EVERY STREET: The dark side of Oslo (film documentary)

In Norway heroin is among the major social issues. 'On Every Street' is a film documentary about early morning downtown Oslo during the first hit of covid in 2019.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXvRRlBzxSc

Old 10-12-2022, 06:51 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,929,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphosis69 View Post
Alcohol should be banned in the whole world IMHO.
Why most consumers have no issues with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphosis69 View Post
I hear in the vid, "decriminalize". So it is illegal? Or if not, then the prostitute can use their own place.

Would anyone want to sell their bodies like that unless for very high amount? I know I would not. Affording own place should not be difficult, if they are successful prostitute. Nordic women should be able fetch a hefty price for their company.

Old 10-14-2022, 07:25 AM

Good morning. Let's put it this way. Unfortunately alcohol cannot be banned just because there is a small group of misusers such as myself. Drink of course responsibly that's all I have to say about the subject..

Old 10-14-2022, 07:36 AM

I think it is important to focus on social issues here on the board.

Old 10-14-2022, 01:49 PM

908 posts, read 441,162 times
I'd like to pose the following questions to those who are intimately or at least more familiar with Sweden than I and many others here happen to be :

Do you agree with the premise of the article posted in the OP and if so/not then what are the reasons behind your respective stance ?

As per this thread's title , would you agree that Sweden is becoming unbearable and if that is or isn't the case then would you mind elaborating as to why a bit ?

I'm asking because while I've obviously already given my opinion relating to the issues raised in the article linked in the OP , I nevertheless happen to be a fellow who hasn't even visited Sweden , which is why I'm curious to read the perspective of those who are actually familiar with the country .

Old 10-15-2022, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Sad and scary, but fitting in with other European trends.

Sweden Is Becoming Unbearable
For Sweden, a country that trades on being a bastion of social democracy, tolerance and fairness, it’s a shock.
https://dnyuz.com/2022/09/20/sweden-...ng-unbearable/
I'm a Calvinist.

Old 10-15-2022, 07:45 AM

The European forum is nowadays very quiet, I hope it's not because of my activity in the music thread? I will take a break from this forum for awhile and let's see if the forum returns back to normal again.

Best regards: Your American friend.

Old 10-16-2022, 09:17 AM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Why most consumers have no issues with it.

I hear in the vid, "decriminalize". So it is illegal? Or if not, then the prostitute can use their own place.

Would anyone want to sell their bodies like that unless for very high amount? I know I would not. Affording own place should not be difficult, if they are successful prostitute. Nordic women should be able fetch a hefty price for their company.
Not in Nordic countries. They're ordinary there. Popular with German tourists, perhaps. According to reports from Sweden, there's virtually no demand for paid sex from women, and Swedish women don't need the money anyway. Most of what prostitution there is, involves male prostitutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe