Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 12:19 PM

2,229 posts, read 792,001 times

Advertisements

To be honest Malmö is quite rough nowadays. The hometown of football player Zlatan Ibrahimović. He grew up in the notorious neighbourhood of Rosengård which is your typical suburb with 60's-70's moldy high-rises, some of them burned out empty shells. Wouldn't visit even at day and I would use caution in downtown Malmö during the night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2022, 12:40 PM

A child is taken temporarily away from the father by social services in Rosengård. The police is also present in the operation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ4I-pj7wik

Old 11-06-2022, 01:16 PM

My Swedish is not so good, so I can't translate everything, but the guy with the glasses is the childs father who is very upset about this situation.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
What is "strong" to you? Stalin? Putin? Hitler?

Strength is good when tempered with kindness and without Nationalism and malice.
Well said. Right on point.

Old 11-08-2022, 12:30 AM

7,402 posts, read 12,742,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
And Finland is not part of Scandinavia. It is a Nordic country.

Finland is absolutely part of Scandinavia. Scandinavia = Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland. Iceland is usually included, too, because of its culture and history, not its proximity. Finland is also a Nordic country.

Old 11-08-2022, 01:14 AM

6,474 posts, read 8,228,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Finland is absolutely part of Scandinavia. Scandinavia = Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland. Iceland is usually included, too, because of its culture and history, not its proximity. Finland is also a Nordic country.
Pennsylvania is often considered a Southern state.

/S

Old 11-08-2022, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
You know when I was in Sweden for a very short visit October 2016, actually saw a physical fight break out in a nightlife bar. Quite sketchy a bit fast. Almost never felt dangerous, at least. Kind of very rare to ever witness any crime from all of the countries I went to.

Don't expect the crime to reach rampant levels such as most of Brazil, but Sweden isn't a crime free society at this point: https://www.researchgate.net/publica...x-Map-2019.jpg
Whoa! One of the worst crime rates on Europe Continent. 2nd, in fact. Hopefully, doesn't ever spoil the wonders on this side of Scandinavia. Did immigration almost fail for Sweden?
The neighourhood of Rosengård is definitely rough, maybe the worst in Sweden but if you look at the video it looks quite peaceful and nice actually. Women walking around and going to the grocery store etc.

Old 11-08-2022, 03:09 AM

Finns were not vikings.

Old 11-08-2022, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
You know when I was in Sweden for a very short visit October 2016, actually saw a physical fight break out in a nightlife bar. Quite sketchy a bit fast. Almost never felt dangerous, at least. Kind of very rare to ever witness any crime from all of the countries I went to.

Don't expect the crime to reach rampant levels such as most of Brazil, but Sweden isn't a crime free society at this point: https://www.researchgate.net/publica...x-Map-2019.jpg
Whoa! One of the worst crime rates on Europe Continent. 2nd, in fact. Hopefully, doesn't ever spoil the wonders on this side of Scandinavia. Did immigration almost fail for Sweden?
I saw a physical fight break out ouside a bar in Cambridge, England. The fight began when a British guy disrepected a Polish guy by calling him and his friends "Pollocks".

Nothing extra special to see a fight break out in a nightclub or bar. Very common in Finland as well.

Old 11-13-2022, 06:47 AM

62,099 posts, read 87,867,897 times
Fights in bars happen around the world. Nothing special about it in Sweden or anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe