Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:55 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,990,268 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else ever felt that you're not at peak strength or energy on rainy days? Why is that? Is it ok to back off on workout intensity on these days or should we push through the apparent tiredness? I feel like I have been at only 90% strength the past few stormy/rainy days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 12:36 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,908,552 times
Never noticed it. I think its in your mind. Or maybe how when its a grey day out people say they are tired but when its sunny they are chipper and full of energy. I say push through it and get even a better workout in.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:39 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,745,578 times
i like the fat people who are outside running in the rain. like you havent been working out all your life but you just decided to get so dedicated that you are running in the pouring rain. if i can ill try to drive up close to them and splash them with a puddle.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:06 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,449,987 times
How strange! I run indoors when it rains and the feeling of the humidity with the windows open gives me a little more pep in my step.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:42 PM

35 posts, read 87,535 times
Rain gives me more energy, I'll get out there to run up the hills, love it!

Old 04-29-2011, 06:50 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,981,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
Has anyone else ever felt that you're not at peak strength or energy on rainy days? Why is that? Is it ok to back off on workout intensity on these days or should we push through the apparent tiredness? I feel like I have been at only 90% strength the past few stormy/rainy days.
I still have the same intensity/strength when its raining. Outdoor raining just seems more fun when its raining. Afterwards, I dont feel like Ive had as great a workout in the rain compared to when its hot, but there is something about being out in the rain that just makes it fun.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:24 AM

374 posts, read 760,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i like the fat people who are outside running in the rain. like you havent been working out all your life but you just decided to get so dedicated that you are running in the pouring rain. if i can ill try to drive up close to them and splash them with a puddle.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:18 PM

17,416 posts, read 16,585,682 times
I don't mind walking outside in a light rain or drizzle. On hot days, a little rain actually feels kind of good.

Thunder/lightening/heavy winds/down pours are a different story. On those days I stick to the treadmill. But I don't lighten up on my workout.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:56 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,981,753 times
Quote:
i like the fat people who are outside running in the rain. like you havent been working out all your life but you just decided to get so dedicated that you are running in the pouring rain.
That is super mean but funnier than it is mean. That is so true though. Its true becuase just about every obese person I know has this deathly fear of "overheating". They start sweating in 75 degree temp and its all like "Ooooooh.......Im dying......I have to stop........aarrrrrggggghhhhh" Im like "Fool stop being a stupid fatty and keep going. You are not going to die here, but you WILL die of heart failure later if you dont keep moving" . Its really one part fear, 4 parts lazyness.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:59 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,814,083 times
Quote:
I'm really feeling the love here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness