Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:59 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times

Advertisements

im not sure where this football player thing came from. i dont find any football players attractive. the cheerleaders are nice, dont think there are too many of them with big waists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 10:24 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
According to you. Besides, this thread isn't about whether or not men have an accurate idea of their own fitness, it's about "optimal waist size" and YOU came in here unbidden and put a hard cap on 32" waists.

I simply pointed out that there are lots of people with larger waists than that who are NOT overweight. Myself included.

You never answered about your height/weight, though. I'm betting you're a relatively little guy and that fact (naturally) skews your perception on this topic, I believe. Am I right?
Let's make one thing clear, amigo. I'm NOT the one who came down here putting my 34+ waist size out and claiming I am not overweight, posting pictures and begging for acceptance. Am not sure if you are going through a midlife crisis with your self-esteem related to weight and appearance, coz you sound so.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
They may be the baddest dudes but they are not hot. James Gandolfini is a bad dude but he's definitely not sexy. The only reason you may see a fat linebacker with a hot girlfriend/wife is because he's making NFL money. Take the money away and they will be with a fat girlfriend/wife.

Saying that a guy with a 38 inch waist is hot would be like saying a girl that is size 12 is hot. It's just not the case.
It's more like the national scam of America, huge and grossly muscular men with their protective suits which they happen to call Football. And going on to become the benchmark of fitness. Whatever makes them and their fans feel better I guess.

Let's look at the true footballers and their machine like bodies (no protective suits, mind you), running like cheetahs for a minimum of 90 minutes.

Zinedine Zidane, Christiano Ronaldo, Thierry Henry, David Beckham etc., perfectly fit bodies, textbook precision and proper waist sizes. Can't imagine thierry henry saying his waist size is like 35 , unless he wants to use a belt.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:46 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,418 times
Oh please can it Antlered You sound like a fool. The fact remains that most guys that are muscular who have larger than 32" waists are still in shape. Try telling Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler or John Cena they're fat, and I bet those dudes have over 32 waistlines.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:36 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Let's make one thing clear, amigo. I'm NOT the one who came down here putting my 34+ waist size out and claiming I am not overweight, posting pictures and begging for acceptance. Am not sure if you are going through a midlife crisis with your self-esteem related to weight and appearance, coz you sound so.
LOL

I'm not begging for acceptance from anyone, least of all you. I'm simply using myself as an example, as it is the example I am the most familiar with - amigo.

Nor do I have any problem with my self-esteem. I *know* I'm not overweight and I don't need you to confirm it for me.

YOU came in here making ridiculous claims and now you're deflecting when it's been pointed out how ridiculous it was. Nothing more.

Have a good day.

And if you want to talk about overall athletes, I'd put the most athletic NBA players up against any other sport for an evaluation of *overall* fitness (strength/speed/quickness/endurance/etc). Footballers are not the apex of athletic prowess, my friend.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:45 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
They may be the baddest dudes but they are not hot. James Gandolfini is a bad dude but he's definitely not sexy. The only reason you may see a fat linebacker with a hot girlfriend/wife is because he's making NFL money. Take the money away and they will be with a fat girlfriend/wife.

Saying that a guy with a 38 inch waist is hot would be like saying a girl that is size 12 is hot. It's just not the case.
You comparing NFL linebackers to James Gandolfini just shows you know NOTHING about NFL football.

YouTube - ‪Brian Cushing #10 USC‬‏

Old 06-16-2011, 08:49 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,244,985 times
I'm betting that guard has closer to a 52" waist.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:58 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
a lot of football players are fat. are people trying to say that because they push guys around that means they cant be called fat?

a competing bodybuilder has very low bodyfat but a large waist, but thats a little more complicated.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
Oh please can it Antlered You sound like a fool. The fact remains that most guys that are muscular who have larger than 32" waists are still in shape. Try telling Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler or John Cena they're fat, and I bet those dudes have over 32 waistlines.
Dude, rather than calling me names, how about going on a diet and shedding some poundage?

Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
LOL

I'm not begging for acceptance from anyone, least of all you. I'm simply using myself as an example, as it is the example I am the most familiar with - amigo.

Nor do I have any problem with my self-esteem. I *know* I'm not overweight and I don't need you to confirm it for me.

YOU came in here making ridiculous claims and now you're deflecting when it's been pointed out how ridiculous it was. Nothing more.

Have a good day.

And if you want to talk about overall athletes, I'd put the most athletic NBA players up against any other sport for an evaluation of *overall* fitness (strength/speed/quickness/endurance/etc). Footballers are not the apex of athletic prowess, my friend.
If you say so LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness