Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:22 AM

474 posts, read 905,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I think I'm going to post a poll in the relationship forum about which woman would a man prefer: a fit,A cup woman,or an 200 pound woman with a DD cup.
I hope you do. The results will be interesting. I will vote.

But there is nothing physically appealing for me in a 200 lb woman who will surely have flabby arms, jiggly thighs and butt, and rolls in the middle. Those DDs would be greatly affected by gravity.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:25 AM

474 posts, read 905,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Nobody on here is going to convince the people who have their minds set.

I am 52 and overweight, and it doesnt cause me health problems. I DO want to lose some because i FEEL better physically when i weigh less. My health problems were caused by the job i did for 19 years. I see all my doctors for regular visits.

What is SO wrong with me liking my body, and other people liking it also? People like different things. Why do so many here want to force so many others to fit into some kind of mold?

Being active, eating healthy foods, and having other healthy habits is what counts to me. I lived enough years hating my body, and that's not a way to live life. Ask how many other women have lived that way - always waiting until they "lose weight" to do something or other. Or always looking at some other woman's body and thinking "if only..."

So much of the talk in this thread directly contributes to just that.
I dont live my life caring about what men want me to look like. And i've had plenty of them in my life - been married and divorced, engaged, in LTR's and other relationships. Had people love me; and some just wanna have fun. Obviously they liked me for some reason... thankfully. Somehow there were a few out there who werent shallow, I suppose.
It is great you are happy with your body and appearance. But unless you are genetically gifted, your body size is not doing you any favors health wise.

Mental health is important and if you are happy good for you.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:32 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So if I'm reading this correctly,you can tone from cardio?
If I turn the resistance up and inlcine on the elliptical,thighs can get toned from that?
Cyclists, runners, and swimmers essentially do nothing but cardio. They have very "toned" legs and and arms because the act of exercise forces muscles to work. Forcing muscles to work requires your body to supply energy to them. That requires oxygen and blood. That forces your heart and lungs to work.

Michael Phelps does very little weightlifting. He is extremely "toned." Lance Armstrong doesn't lift weights much. Ever seen his legs?

Raising the incline or increasing the resistance on an elliptical will make your leg muscles work harder. It will cause more muscle fibers to teardown, which will rebuild overnight slightly stronger and larger. Because those muscles work harder, your heart and lungs will also work harder to supply energy. You'll also improve cardiovascular fitness.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:37 AM

438 posts, read 1,731,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Although some women would risk losing their boobs just to be skinny. I would never be an AAA cup I would not feel like a woman. No knock on those woman who do wear AAA cups or are flatchested.
You don't become flat chested by losing weight. You will be smaller but so will your stomach. Plain and simple, fat rolls do not become more attractive just because of a breast mound above it. And if someone feels their allure and identity are defined by their breast size, that person has some major self-esteem issues.

And this is coming from someone who is not thin and is not flat chested. I'm the queen of excuses and I recognize one when I read it. What I don't understand is if you're happy with the way you are and don't want to do anything to change, why are you in the fitness forum???

Old 10-12-2011, 09:37 AM

14,016 posts, read 20,910,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo61397 View Post
What ever floats your boat. But you are probably asking a bunch of 40-something year old men who live in their momma's basements.
I do not frequent the Relationships Forum so I cannot judge your statement, and I have no desire to read there just to find out. But I am curious what led you to the conclusion that most of the men who post there fit that demographic. Do the posters state that they live at the home of their parents (or their mommas)? Do most of them give their ages? Or is that just some personal bitterness coming out?

Old 10-12-2011, 09:38 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Oh that is going to be interesting. Of course the A cup chick will be a run away winner.

One thing that Ive always found fascinating with obese women is how they feel their source of power and confidence is their boobs. Its like "Oh I have really nice big boobs..." but Im like "yeah, your boobs are big, but so is everything else so it gets canceled out".
It's not just boobs. I have friends who feel this way about their butts. As long as they have "junk in the trunk", they feel like it cancels out everything else.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:56 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,740,033 times
That's strange the A cup girl is borderline flat chested and most likely small everywhere else. would be similar to dating a 10 yr old girl.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:00 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
That's strange the A cup girl is borderline flat chested and most likely small everywhere else. would be similar to dating a 10 yr old girl.
And how many A cup girls have you dated, TreasuredJewel? Do you realize how many A cup women you may have just offended? For someone who raises a stink when something offensive is said to her, you sure don't mind dishing it out. We can't help the size boobs we were born with.

Nothing wrong with having small boobs. As I said before, I miss my larger boobs, but I sure don't miss my larger everything else.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:07 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,740,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
And how many A cup girls have you dated, TreasuredJewel? Do you realize how many A cup women you may have just offended? For someone who raises a stink when something offensive is said to her, you sure don't mind dishing it out. We can't help the size boobs we were born with.

Nothing wrong with having small boobs. As I said before, I miss my larger boobs, but I sure don't miss my larger everything else.
If it doesn't apply to you why are you acting offended. Unless you are lacking in the chest department. I was using his logic saying if the fat girl with DD is bigger everywhere else then the girl with A cups is smaller everywhere else too then, maybe even petite.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:35 AM

410 posts, read 743,079 times
"Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u
I think I'm going to post a poll in the relationship forum about which woman would a man prefer: a fit,A cup woman,or an 200 pound woman with a DD cup."

Apparently someone didn't like results of that poll, as it has already been taken down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness