Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 02:33 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,821,003 times

Advertisements

Trust me...your eyes were playing tricks on you.
There is NO WAY she "Brought it up behind her head on to her shoulders, squatted for one rep, and dropped it. "
Not 405 anyway.
I've competed in amatuer powerlifting events for years and know many many people in the industry.
There is no REASON for anybody to pick up a bar and squat it and as a trained weight lifter she would know that.
It's hard to clean and jerk 405.
Plus...how would you stop the momentum of it going back DOWNWARD to your shoulders without breaking your neck?
That would mean she has the ability to military press 405.
Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 02:39 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,221,163 times
I have been thinking about it and I agree with you. It's unfathomable. However I saw her do this and I have no reason to lie to you. My only conclusion is that they were bumper plates that weighed 25 lbs or whatever. I'm not going back for a few days, but I'll check.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:09 PM

650 posts, read 1,813,192 times
Even at 25 lbs that would put the weight at 245, which is still damn hard for anyone to lift over their shoulders. It must be 10 lbs each at most. haha she must be messing with everyone with those fake plates. If she does it again, you have to take a picture or video.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:39 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,821,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
However I saw her do this and I have no reason to lie to you.
No...no...no--I don't think your lying!
Not at all. I think you mis-saw what you saw.

I'm sorry I gave u the impression that I thought you were BSing.

Any chance you were looking at her butt instead of the bar while she was squatting??lol
{thats what I do}

Check out Karen Campbell's monster pull.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudetypist View Post
Even at 25 lbs that would put the weight at 245, which is still damn hard for anyone to lift over their shoulders. It must be 10 lbs each at most. haha she must be messing with everyone with those fake plates. If she does it again, you have to take a picture or video.

If I took a pic or vid of this girl and she caught me, I wouldn't be around to post it here lol.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
No...no...no--I don't think your lying!
Not at all. I think you mis-saw what you saw.

I'm sorry I gave u the impression that I thought you were BSing.

Any chance you were looking at her butt instead of the bar while she was squatting??lol
{thats what I do}

Check out Karen Campbell's monster pull.

Yeah I was definitely checkin her out a bit. Like I said, she wasn't bad.

But yeah, I must have mistook what I saw. This ain't possible. The plates were most definitely the same size as 45's though. That much I am positive about.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:06 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,586,649 times
Quote:
Yeah I was definitely checkin her out a bit. Like I said, she wasn't bad.

But yeah, I must have mistook what I saw. This ain't possible. The plates were most definitely the same size as 45's though. That much I am positive about.
I've seen 11 lbs plates that are as thick as 4x45 lb plates.
It depends on the density in the plates, some are made wide to give more surface so they will be easier on the ground if dropped down from a height, and to get a different balance and bend of the bar.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:01 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,458,790 times
Quote:
She was like 5' 5" give or take an inch and 125 lbs give or take 5 lbs. Definitely had muscle on her, but not like any of those disgustingly huge female bodybuilders. Kinda cute actually.

WTF though?? Was she definitely juicin? Tranny? I've never see anything like that.
From my time at the gym, I've learnt not to expect people to lift certain lbs of weight based on their appearance, so many times I've seen skinny blokes come in and lift some heavy weights.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:47 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,006,124 times
Obviously, 405LBS would be out of the question since the best female clean and jerk ever was 410LBS in the +75KG class (she looked to weigh about 250LBS).

Even 10KG plates seems unreasonable, as that would add up to 100KG, which would qualify her for the Olympics. There are Olympic 2.5KG plates that are the same diameter as 25KG plates and are also red.

In any case, it's nice to see women in the gym lifting heavy.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:15 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
When I first read this I said DAMN - not becuase she did it but because I thought what the hell I must be the biggest Pu$$y ever. It not real 45's - no way.

That thing in the video ain't no woman that is frekin Sasquash. Call Coast to Coast - there is the proof. - she can't even walk normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness