Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 03:19 PM

3,924 posts, read 6,836,808 times

Advertisements

Oh, its so nice to have a private company gym with only 100 employees. No waiting, if anyone is even present.

Thats my little brag of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 04:11 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Lol I use both of those racks for everything but squats...My bad

Old 09-17-2012, 05:04 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
If all you're putting in is jeans, who cares.

I'm talking the women's locker rooms, where I've seen coats, purses, and everything else stuffed in the locker. At least have the courtesy to lock it if you're going to use up a locker. If you want to leave it unguarded like that, then you may as well toss it on top of the lockers, jmo.
You cant spare 5 seconds to close the door and move one step to the left? Being so high strung over trivial matters will drive you to an early grave.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:14 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,074 times
Quote:
I have the same reasons for attending the gym instead of working out at home as well.

Here's my gym vent:

People who put their stuff in lockers and don't lock it. Here I am ready to go occupy a locker, and someone's stuff is already in it! You tell me you can afford the $90 a month membership, but you can't afford to buy a lock for $5 to keep your stuff secure??!! People like this probably are dumb enough to wonder why their things get stolen also. There have been times I was tempted to take their stuff out of the locker and put it on the bench, I swear.
I'm one of those people. A few years ago, I had a lock on my locker that was cut off and my cash and credit cards were stolen out of my wallet, but my wallet was put back nicely in my pants pocket. It wasn't a cheap lock either. I realize that the lock didn't really do any good, so I never bothered buying another one. I just don't bring anything valuable in with me. If they want to steal my clothes, then whatever. I honestly can't even remotely see why somebody else would be annoyed by somebody not locking their locker since it has zero affect on their gym experience.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:00 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,329 times
The gym is my vice but I do get frustrated with the village idiots. I try not to pay attention to them, I simply blast my crazy music and go to town. Otherwise, those knuckleheads will slow me down.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:56 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,926 times
Quote:
There have been times I was tempted to take their stuff out of the locker and put it on the bench, I swear.
If you did that to me and I caught you I'd break your neck.
Don't worry about OTHER peoples lockers.
Worry about your stuff.
Touch my stuff, and your dead meat.
I would blow a gasket if I came in the locker room and saw you putting my stuff on a bench.
You shouldn't be out in public.
How dare you?

Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Lol I use both of those racks for everything but squats...My bad
There is nothing wrong with it if you are not camping out in it for an hour preventing others from using it for its intended purpose.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You cant spare 5 seconds to close the door and move one step to the left? Being so high strung over trivial matters will drive you to an early grave.
I think her beef is that the supply of lockers is not adequate at her gym. So she cannot LOCK her stuff because other people have just stuffed their stuff. I get it. Stuff it back in your bag on top of the lockers.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:40 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I think her beef is that the supply of lockers is not adequate at her gym. So she cannot LOCK her stuff because other people have just stuffed their stuff. I get it. Stuff it back in your bag on top of the lockers.
Then she needs to arrive a bit earlier. Lockers are for everyone to use, and I doubt the gym has a "you must use a padlock" policy.

I always use a lock, but if I didnt and i caught someone taking my stuff out, I would kick that girls azz no qustions asked.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Then she needs to arrive a bit earlier. Lockers are for everyone to use, and I doubt the gym has a "you must use a padlock" policy.
Geez common courtesy much? Personally I would not go to a gym with a cramped locker room. But seriously, if you don't need a resource, and it is in short supply, why would you claim it? It is no different than camping in the squat rack when you don't need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness