Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 06:47 PM

943 posts, read 1,198,645 times

Advertisements

I have recently noticed that my arms have been becoming more flabby and my man breasts have been increasing in size, as well as feeling bloated constantly.

I'm vegetarian, 6 & ½ foot tall, weigh between 150 and 175lbs.

My diet mostly consists of fat man food, such as 10 pancakes a day and a large bottle of coca cola a day, but I'm going to be going on a full fruit and vegetable diet and start drinking only water and orange juice.

I take my dog out for a 30-to-45 minute walk daily, but looking to maybe start jogging.

Do you guys have any tips? I work in an office environment, sometimes up to 16 hours a day at a computer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 07:13 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Gee, I don't know. I'm a bit shorter than you and weigh much more but most people wouldn't say I am fat. How old are you? Your diet probably needs more protein, not less. Why fruits and veggies only? No protein there. Why OJ? Lots of sugar. You don't need it except as a treat. Can you eat eggs? Beans, nuts? Consider some weight work in addition to the cardo.

H

Old 03-10-2014, 08:46 PM

3,822 posts, read 9,477,031 times
Your ideal weight for your size should be 175-185. Start eating protein and at least doing some bodyweight exercises if you can't make it to a gym. Stay away from the sugar, drink tea, coffee and lots of water.

If you are in that much of a time crunch, consider buying a kettlebell. You can get a pretty nice workout in around thirty minutes.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:09 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
I agree, ditch the OJ (it has just as much sugar as soda) you're better off eating an orange so the fiber absorbs/slows some of the sugar.

My advise: never drink your calories, eat them. Try to eat non processed foods for a month; you'll be amazed how much weight you will lose and how better you will feel. I guarantee it!

GOOD LUCK

Old 03-11-2014, 08:12 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
Track your calories. You can eat whatever you want, just eat less.
Download my fitness pal and track what you eat from your phone, eat 500 calories under maintenance per day.
You could eat twinkies all day and lose weight if you reall wanted.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:03 AM

141 posts, read 243,876 times
Oats, Beans, Raw Green Veggies, Quinoa, Lentils, In Season Fruit, Green Tea, Nuts and Seeds, Almond Butter, Buckwheat and invest in a good Vegan Protein Powder. Push up, Pull up, sit up and run 2-3 times a week. Keep it simple

Old 03-11-2014, 05:53 PM

6,460 posts, read 7,796,492 times
Big Mac, large fries, and a snickers.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:39 PM

686 posts, read 1,231,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous725 View Post
I have recently noticed that my arms have been becoming more flabby and my man breasts have been increasing in size, as well as feeling bloated constantly.

My diet mostly consists of fat man food, such as 10 pancakes a day and a large bottle of coca cola a day, but I'm going to be going on a full fruit and vegetable diet and start drinking only water and orange juice.

I take my dog out for a 30-to-45 minute walk daily, but looking to maybe start jogging.

Do you guys have any tips? I work in an office environment, sometimes up to 16 hours a day at a computer.
Yeah, I have some tips for you:

1. Lay off the pancakes and soda unless you like being a flabby fat boy
2. How is it possible that you are between 150-175 pounds?
3. Congrats. You are the first man on planet earth to say they feel "bloated". Try pamprin to help with that.

Get a couple of books on nutrition, apply what you learn into your life, then lift heavy and you should be fine.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:45 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,297,951 times
Quote:

this is too stupid to respond to. I think you have the answer to your own question if you read your own question.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:46 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,907 times
Quote:

My diet mostly consists of fat man food, such as 10 pancakes a day and a large bottle of coca cola a day,
but I'm going to be going on a full fruit and vegetable diet and start drinking only water and orange juice.

Cut this out entirely. Maybe one pancake a week, but avoid pop all together. I work recommend mixing in free weights and when you do do cardio, the more intense the better. Do a work out routine 4-5 times per week for about three weeks then change it up. Don't let your body get used to your workouts, keep your body guessing.

Like others have said find a good source of constant protein in chicken, steak, etc or buy some whey or creatine and drink a lot of water.

The best advice is don't give up so early, put in the time and effort and you will see results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness