Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 05:55 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
She isnt really arching. Thats the thing about her, she is actually built that way.

Anytime someone is championing the cause of a healthy, active, fit life they should be looked at as role models. Especially for young women. She isnt doing any nudity or anything like that. She is just so physically attractive that she looks to be NC-17 in whatever she wears. Just look at her instagram pic of her in the blue backless dress in front of the fence. Her curves are so wicked in that pic and her back so well defined that prudes will think its "too sexy" but put Bristol Palin or a Duggar girl in that same dress and those same people will say "Bless her heart".

Girl cant help that she's so physically sexy. All she can do is be a positive voice for healthy lifestyle and go from there.
Excellent points, Gambit. It seems that there is never any shortage of haters out there who do not appreciate a positive role model, and a message of fitness, wellness, and reaching for a dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 08:38 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Excellent points, Gambit. It seems that there is never any shortage of haters out there who do not appreciate a positive role model, and a message of fitness, wellness, and reaching for a dream.
Haters? That's a stretch. LOL Why, because some of us don't view her as a positive role model?

To be honest, Jen looks like a lot of other girls here on the North Shore of Long Island. She's not ugly by any means and she has a nice figure in that she's thin with a fuller rear, but other than that, I don't think there's anything exceptional about her.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:38 AM

403 posts, read 598,183 times
Quote:
She's like one of the most popular people on youtube and instagram.

I dont really agree with your caveat because she isnt about promoting the female derriere, she's about promoting health and fitness. Is just that she became super famous because of her incredible body and her dedication to fitness, so who better to sign to such a lucrative deal than someone who:

1. Is incredibly beautiful
2. Presents a positive role model
3. Can help promote something as positive and helpful as healthy active lifestyle
4. Comes with a built in fan base of several million people (4.9 million followers on Instagram).

Her body really is absolutely incredible though. Im a big fan.
Her butt is rumored to be fake...not sure if it's true or not, but everything else especially her legs are so small compared to it. I mean I feel like if she really got it from working out, her legs would match. She also got a nose job, so it's not like she's against getting plastic surgery.

Also I personally just feel like she's more about posting pics of her butt than posting actual work out advice.
Check out her instagram. The workout advice she posts is really generic too. "Do your squats" and stuff like that. I actually stopped following her, because since I'm a girl, I don't care for a ton of booty pics. I wanted more workout advice and diet advice too. You can't get a body/butt like that by doing a few squats here and there. It takes lots of heavy lifting, proper diet, AND good genes. Her advice is misleading, imo, especially if her butt IS fake.

There's a lot of fitness women out there who I think are much better role models than Jen Setler. It makes me feel sad because our society is so obsessed with looks that much more genuine people won't even get noticed because they are all busy looking at Jen's butt. *Sigh*

Old 12-08-2014, 06:42 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,229,400 times
Quote:
2. Presents a positive role model
3. Can help promote something as positive and helpful as healthy active lifestyle
4. Comes with a built in fan base of several million people (4.9 million followers on Instagram).
This woman (youngest person to receive the Noble Peace Prize) is not only beautiful but an incredible
and powerful role model in the truest sense of the word.

http://www.biography.com/people/mala...62253#synopsis

Old 12-08-2014, 07:29 AM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post
Her butt is rumored to be fake...not sure if it's true or not, but everything else especially her legs are so small compared to it. I mean I feel like if she really got it from working out, her legs would match. She also got a nose job, so it's not like she's against getting plastic surgery.

Also I personally just feel like she's more about posting pics of her butt than posting actual work out advice.
Check out her instagram. The workout advice she posts is really generic too. "Do your squats" and stuff like that. I actually stopped following her, because since I'm a girl, I don't care for a ton of booty pics. I wanted more workout advice and diet advice too. You can't get a body/butt like that by doing a few squats here and there. It takes lots of heavy lifting, proper diet, AND good genes. Her advice is misleading, imo, especially if her butt IS fake.

There's a lot of fitness women out there who I think are much better role models than Jen Setler. It makes me feel sad because our society is so obsessed with looks that much more genuine people won't even get noticed because they are all busy looking at Jen's butt. *Sigh*
Totally agree with this ^^^ and all the other similar posts. It's all about her ass - plain and simple - that article even comes out and says so. She is known as "Queen of the Butt Selfie." She is good at sticking it out, whether it's real or not (and I personally doubt it is) I don't even think she is all that attractive compared to other REAL fitness models out there. She is skinny, with an injected butt, and absolutely ZERO muscle tone - look at those noodles for arms for Pete's sake!. I don't get the body building guy's love of her at all, she's just a "poser." Not a good "role model" for anyone at all.

Last edited by gypsychic; 12-08-2014 at 07:46 AM..

Old 12-08-2014, 08:00 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
LOL "fitness and wellness."

Put her on American Ninja Warrior and see how "fit" she is. Wearing yoga pants and a sports bra does not make you a "fitness role model."

OP has just found another way to drool over a woman by pretending it has anything to do with "Fashion and Beauty."

Old 12-08-2014, 08:02 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Please.

If she was fit, toned, and didn't wag her bare butt in front of every available camera, you either would not know who she was or you would not care.

I'm all for women and men who promote fitness and a healthy lifestyle. Who doesn't like that?

Old 12-08-2014, 08:03 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
LOL "fitness and wellness."

Put her on American Ninja Warrior and see how "fit" she is. Wearing yoga pants and a sports bra does not make you a "fitness role model."

OP has just found another way to drool over a woman by pretending it has anything to do with "Fashion and Beauty."
Agreed.

She's hardly a role model for women.

Eye candy? Yes.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:19 PM

17,537 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Well, it seems she had a nose job at 15, and also works for a plastic surgeon; so it's not a stretch to believe she has implants. The butt looks no more natural to me than the new nose on her ethnic face. This woman is only looking for attention, and looks like she is getting it. I find it kind of sad.....

http://archive.people.com/people/arc...05-750-107.jpg

Old 12-08-2014, 01:39 PM

403 posts, read 598,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Well, it seems she had a nose job at 15, and also works for a plastic surgeon; so it's not a stretch to believe she has implants. The butt looks no more natural to me than the new nose on her ethnic face. This woman is only looking for attention, and looks like she is getting it. I find it kind of sad.....

http://archive.people.com/people/arc...05-750-107.jpg
Yup I find it sad too. She can make a career out of just posing with her butt. Oh to wake up and say "Hmm where should I take this selfie?" Life would be good.

That other young girl you posted about is a true hero, plain and simple. Sadly I bet more people know about Jen Setler than her. Beauty fades, implants need touch-ups, but education is forever. Why don't more people understand that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness