Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 06:07 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,703,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I must admit, I am not a fan of any "Infomercial" weight loss or fitness product because I think most of them are crap but my wife and were visited by some friends who have been on this program and all I can say is WOW!!! They look fantastic.

They are husband and wife who are very busy professionals who decided to try this program and I am just amazed at their results. My wife and I are thinking about trying this when she gets back in shape from her c-section.

Has anyone else here tried P90x? Ive never been this excited about a workout plan but seeing the results, Im really very impressed.
A lot of ppl rave about this program! It covers nutrition too (the most important part) so it seems to be legit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 06:11 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
I have a co worker who did this program. He looks awesome and has tons of energy. He copied the book and the DVD's for me; now all I have to do is get off my butt!

Old 01-24-2009, 07:20 PM

4 posts, read 161,004 times
Default P90X My Pics

Not sure if that link will work....here are my pics....hopefully
Attached Thumbnails
P90x - WOW!!-day43twist.jpg  

Old 01-25-2009, 05:28 AM

47 posts, read 491,320 times
Thanks for the update! That is great to see those results in 60 days....I'm still in phase. I'm only on day 14 but I can already see some results.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:53 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,621,282 times
I really want to try this. Those pics above are really inspiring. My question is, what kind of equipment is necessary to complete this program?

Old 01-25-2009, 07:01 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
I really want to try this. Those pics above are really inspiring. My question is, what kind of equipment is necessary to complete this program?
Jeannie - you could get by with as little as an exercise band (approx $15) and a mat.
Most people want some dumbells, and we have a pull up bar (tension mounted $29). I do pull ups using a chair because I can't do one unassisted. I have hurt my elbow, so for now I use the bands instead.
Because I normally use weights I only bought one heavy resistance band.

I'm also using a protein supplement because I was having trouble getting the protein requirement in for phase 1.
We also make a much less expensive version of the recommended recovery drink.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:36 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,621,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Jeannie - you could get by with as little as an exercise band (approx $15) and a mat.
Most people want some dumbells, and we have a pull up bar (tension mounted $29). I do pull ups using a chair because I can't do one unassisted. I have hurt my elbow, so for now I use the bands instead.
Because I normally use weights I only bought one heavy resistance band.

I'm also using a protein supplement because I was having trouble getting the protein requirement in for phase 1.
We also make a much less expensive version of the recommended recovery drink.
Well, I have Taebo bands, wonder if they would work? I also have 8, 10, and 12 lb. hand weights. Don't have the pull up bar though.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:24 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Well, I have Taebo bands, wonder if they would work? I also have 8, 10, and 12 lb. hand weights. Don't have the pull up bar though.
I think you sound good to go! I use 10lb & 12lb weights right now. I'm hoping to move up to 15lb weights soon - and maybe more by the end!
You should go for it!!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:02 PM

467 posts, read 1,045,507 times
I'm interested in this program, but am living in a condo that's pretty small with neighbors below me. How big of a workout area is needed, and is there a lot of jumping/floor impact exercises that are going to upset the neighbors?

That's the only concern I have. I'm pretty good at calisthenics (single sets of 100 pushups, running, etc) but honestly, my fitness and body hasn't improved in a long time and I think this program could really shake things up. It would be nice to see results again.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:35 AM

47 posts, read 491,320 times
There is alot of jumping in this program. My husband and I did our workout at seperate times yesterday and I though he was going to fall through the floor from the noise he was making. The second workout of the week is the worst as far as jumping.

It is a great workout though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness