Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2023, 01:48 PM

1,555 posts, read 776,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachWasp View Post
You need to lose fat. Getting abs is the easiest thing in the world, it's just a matter of fat loss.
Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2023, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
For "core" training, there's not much better than "Stand-Up Paddleboarding."

You'll see what I mean, after the first hour on the lake. Based on your regimen, I'd say you're overtraining already.

Don't make "abs" a goal. Make "healthy & strong" a goal.

If you don't have access to a lake, then try this at home...

Lay on your back. Try to get up without using 1 arm/shoulder. You pick which arm. Do this a few reps (maybe a set.) Try the other arm for a set.

Then, do this exercise from your tummy position. Do another 2 sets.

Now, try to this exercise without using your left leg and left arm. This is a HUGE challenge, but it's worth it.

Then, try it without using your right side. Try to get up without using one side, like a stroke victim. This may sound strange, but it could save your life, down the road. Think about it.
Overtraining based on what I posted for 3x?

Healthy/Strong is the goal with Abs at 15% BF.

Exercise you listed are for stretching and mobility.

Old 04-04-2023, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Maybe, but there's a slippery slope between "that guy looks fun/cute" and "that guy looks full of himself." If your ultimate goal is shirtless bathroom photos, know that plenty of women will automatically swipe left.
Abs are part of the entire package deal. Lol. I know guys who got many right swipes on bathroom shirtless pics but they made the background blurry so you can’t tell it was taken in the bathroom.

Old 04-04-2023, 02:02 PM

4,506 posts, read 2,651,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
You do understand that looks are the first visuals women look at for men right?
Well, then, keep your shirt on.

Old 04-04-2023, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Well, then, keep your shirt on.
Until I get it down to 15%.

Old 04-04-2023, 02:06 PM

Well, I've never been on a dating app (thank God!!!) as I was married before they existed, but if I were 45 years old and trying to sell myself, I'd get a really good haircut, put on a good fitting suit and a beautiful tie and have my photos taken that way. Then maybe in some really nice slacks and a really nice sport shirt.

Frankly amongst women I would be interested in, the first time they're going to see a guy without all his clothes is either at a pool party, at the beach, or when things have gone so far that she doesn't care about a six pack.

Here's something that doesn't actually happen:

"Oh, ooh, you make me feel so hot, let's go to the bedroom. Oh, let me take off your shirt. Uh oh! Your abdominal muscles aren't perfect. Sir, put your clothes on, leave right now, and don't bother calling me ever again!"

Nope, that's not the way real life works. If it did, there wouldn't be all these overweight guys and gals with long happy marriages and kids.

Old 04-04-2023, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Maybe, but there's a slippery slope between "that guy looks fun/cute" and "that guy looks full of himself." If your ultimate goal is shirtless bathroom photos, know that plenty of women will automatically swipe left.
Seems to me that trying to introduce yourself on online dating (at age 45, we're not talking about clueless 19 year olds here) with a bunch of shirtless photos screams "Hey gals, I've got no class!" If that's who you're trolling for, well, go for your life mate!

Old 04-04-2023, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Well, I've never been on a dating app (thank God!!!) as I was married before they existed, but if I were 45 years old and trying to sell myself, I'd get a really good haircut, put on a good fitting suit and a beautiful tie and have my photos taken that way. Then maybe in some really nice slacks and a really nice sport shirt.

Frankly amongst women I would be interested in, the first time they're going to see a guy without all his clothes is either at a pool party, at the beach, or when things have gone so far that she doesn't care about a six pack.

"Oh, ooh, you make me feel so hot, let's go to the bedroom. Oh, let me take off your shirt. Uh oh! Your abdominal muscles aren't perfect. Sir, put your clothes on, leave right now, and don't bother calling me ever again!"

Nope, that's not the way real life works. If it did, there wouldn't be all these overweight guys and gals with long happy marriages and kids.
I do work on my hair. I am working on getting Clay for my hair. I do have a fitting suit/tie on the app.

Old 04-04-2023, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Seems to me that trying to introduce yourself on online dating (at age 45, we're not talking about clueless 19 year olds here) with a bunch of shirtless photos screams "Hey gals, I've got no class!" If that's who you're trolling for, well, go for your life mate!
Been on these apps since the inception.

Old 04-04-2023, 06:03 PM

21,830 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:

Depends if you're trying to pick up divorced moms or co-eds. They're not looking for the same things. Co-eds basically are looking for frat bros that are old enough to have money and young enough not to be bald with 42" waists. They're really not naive, just not looking for the same things. Sugar daddy and replacement hubby to help pot the kids through college are very different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness