Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 04:24 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,337,479 times

Advertisements

Why are you so interested in women's shoes OP. Seriously
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 05:03 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
High heels can also shrink muscle and thicken tendons.

High heels can shrink muscle, thicken tendons - CNN.com

They are good for certain occasions, just like makeup, but people should not wear these things daily.
"A new study shows that regularly wearing high heels can cause muscle and tendon changes in your legs -- to the point where wearing flats or flip-flops can be painful."

That explains why I can't stand flats/flip-flops--which BTW, are also bad for your feet.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:26 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Me thinks that the OP has a serious foot fetish....and more specifically a serious stiletto fetish.

He loves for us to describe our stiletto exploits in great detail. He loves to hear how sexy those extremely high heels make on legs look. He loves to hear the "slave" for fashion stories. And he would especially love for us to all post pics of our feet crammed into our 5 inch Manolos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Ahaha..I saw your post and checked. Yeah, what crusty old guy wants to talk about a womens shoes unless he has a fetish.

Or...well...I wont go there.

What a moronic mean sprited thing to say about anyone you never met!

For your information my grandfather was a cobbler that made special shoes for lots of people during his long life. I learned a lot as boy while I sat, and/or helped, Grandad in his shop. I learned that all to many people don't have a clue what kind of shoes to buy or what bad shoes can do to the person who chose their shoes carelessly.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:48 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,337,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post

For your information my grandfather was a cobbler that made special shoes for lots of people during his long life. I learned a lot as boy while I sat, and/or helped, Grandad in his shop. I learned that all to many people don't have a clue what kind of shoes to buy or what bad shoes can do to the person who chose their shoes carelessly.

She didn't say anything mean. Your status says you're a crusty old guy with a pipe

Old 10-20-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
She didn't say anything mean. Your status says you're a crusty old guy with a pipe
Yes, they did. As to the "crusty" part........well that's true to a point.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:56 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:

If your grandfather was a cobbler, then you'd know that a cobbler isn't a shoemaker, they repair shoes. Someone who makes shoes is a cordwainer.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
If your grandfather was a cobbler, then you'd know that a cobbler isn't a shoemaker, they repair shoes. Someone who makes shoes is a cordwainer.
My granddad was a cobbler making special shoes ,as well as repair them, all his life so go split your hairs somewhere else.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:10 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Yes, they did. As to the "crusty" part........well that's true to a point.

[SIZE=5]Tightwad[/SIZE]
Crusty old guy with his pipe

Your words.

I read your post about the days with your grandfather and his occupation, so, the obsessions understandable.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:23 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
BTW, are also bad for your feet.
do tell

Old 10-20-2010, 10:17 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
do tell
Flats don' provide enough arch or heel support. Walking in flip flops alters the way one walks.

A few interesting articles:

The Effects of Wearing Flat Shoes | eHow.com

Flip-Flops: Why They

Heels Are Better For Your Health—And Sex Life! | The Frisky
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty