Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 06:03 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

hmm. I have always considered myself a plain jane. Brown hair, brown eyes. No make up. I do think I am intelligent but not a dork..

Is a plain jane such a terribly awful thing?

Last edited by Pikantari; 11-01-2010 at 06:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 11:27 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Plain Jane: No qualities that make them stand out in a crowd, yet nothing that makes them disappear, either. Not overly tall (for a woman), yet not really short. Not really overweight, but not really skinny. Generally does not wear make-up, or if do, then as little as possible. Ironically, doesn't really need make-up. Decent hair style. Nothing outrageous or trendy, yet doesn't let the hair go. Usually just a basic hair style, pony tail, easy to manage. Clothing: nothing trendy or overtly sexual. Does not dress like a conservative grandparent, but doesn't keep up with current trends. Tends to wear clothes that they like for comfort, not to impress. They tend to not follow trends all together, yet are not close to being loners. Man, my ideal woman!
Perfect. This is EXACTLY what a plain-Jane is. Well said K-Luv.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:30 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
hmm. I have always considered myself a plain jane. Brown hair, brown eyes. No make up. I do think I am intelligent but not a dork..

You are too cute to be considered a plain-jane. That is just you without any makeup on. Plain-Janes are not "too cute" and they are not "less than cute". They are basic "vanilla".

Old 11-01-2010, 02:35 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,709,538 times
Quote:

Ur not a plain jane . U look sweet and like the other poster said, u have absolutely no make up on!!!

Old 11-01-2010, 02:43 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,286 times
When I think of a "plain jane" I think of someone with features that just miss being attractive, usually due to something like a nose that is a little too big (although not so big as to be noticeable). Regardless, once you get to know a person you will focus on their most pleasing features and they will seem attractive to you.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
You are too cute to be considered a plain-jane. That is just you without any makeup on. Plain-Janes are not "too cute" and they are not "less than cute". They are basic "vanilla".
Thanks you so much, Lao..... but this is me. Every day. I do not even own make up. Thanks for the 'cute' compliment, I do appreciate it.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
Ur not a plain jane . U look sweet and like the other poster said, u have absolutely no make up on!!!
Thanks sweet... I don't know, I think I will always consider myself a plain jane. I am surrounded by people wearing trendy clothes and lots of make up. I wear jeans and a t shirt or hoodie and roll with it. I never wear make up at all, dont own any...

Old 11-01-2010, 03:52 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times
Quote:

Not at all! Plain janes unite! Hold fist high and firm up in the air ladies!

Old 11-01-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Not at all! Plain janes unite! Hold fist high and firm up in the air ladies!
YAY!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 10:15 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
What are some characteristics or qualities that define a "Plain Jane" (or "Average Joe")?

Someone who just throws anything on and clearly its been out of style for more than 10 years.
They dont put no effort to their appearance or style.
If you come to IBM I will show you some plain janes and average joes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty