Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 10:47 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,130,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
You already stated that and you didn't rebut my statement. How is it more curvy to have fewer curves? Please explain that to me because I just do not get it.Are you kidding me???? I've seen tens or hundreds of thousands of women with hourglass figures!
This is an appeal to ridicule.. a logical fallacy. Besides, you are the one who called them eggtimers. I am comparing them to the shape of the hourglass.

You don't like that? Then how about coke bottles? You DO know that the feminine form inspired the shape of the coke bottle, right? That's a historical fact. I don't see any creases on that shape.
Well I see a Coke can as curvy, too. Because it is.
I'm not posting in this thread to interrupt it, I'm posting because you don't want other people to refer to a plump person as curvy and others can say and believe whatever they please just as you can.
So, plump women are curvy, and that's my final word on it.
Ta-ta.

Last edited by rainroosty; 12-27-2010 at 11:11 AM..

Old 12-27-2010, 12:05 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,882 times
I suppose in some small way it's a matter of perspective. When I see a Rubenesque woman I notice the concave parts, the creases as well as the convex parts, the lumps. I suppose when you see these women you notice the convex parts and only the convex parts. When you ONLY pay attention to convex parts and you ignore the concave parts I suppose it's understandable to consider them curvy. I like the concave parts of a woman's body (who has an hourglass figure) just as much as I like convex parts. But when the concave parts are sharp, not so attractive. But that's just me. And I think it's more observant to pay attention to both the concave and the convex parts.

I guess if you personally look at a tub of cottage cheese you'll see more curves than a freshly opened tub of margarine. Me? I see the lumps in a tub of cottage cheese and I love the smooth look of a freshly opened tub of margarine. I do like the taste of cottage cheese though. But that's another topic. LOL

Old 12-27-2010, 12:12 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
I'm tall and thin and have never thought of myself as curvy, but I recently bought "curvy" jeans (Levis 529's, size 8L) and they fit great and I love them.

So now I don't know if I'm curvy or straight.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
They can refer to themselves however they want...who is going to stop them?

Personally, I HATE when people refer to me as 'big'... yes, I'm tall, but I'm NOT BIG.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Tell that to the curvy, er plump women. They're the one's who've adopted it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Why do you care?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
They can refer to themselves however they want...who is going to stop them?
It's inaccurate. When I read a personal ad and it includes the word "curvy" I move on to the next ad. It changes the definition so much that a woman with a truly attractive hourglass figure (who genuinely has more curves than a "curvy" woman) doesn't want to call herself curvy.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
This is what's ruining our society,
Really? You think the desire for people to accurately describe themselves is responsible for increases in crime, poverty, poor education, high levels of unemployment? Riiiiight. You know what's REALLY responsible for those things? Tolerance towards immorality.

Back on topic.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:08 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
It's inaccurate. When I read a personal ad and it includes the word "curvy" I move on to the next ad. It changes the definition so much that a woman with a truly attractive hourglass figure (who genuinely has more curves than a "curvy" woman) doesn't want to call herself curvy.
Good for you. When I read a personal ad from a man who can't spell worth a darn and has horrible grammar I move right past him.

Generally, I also don't pay much attention to someone who is under 6' tall. There are exceptions, of course...but everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:46 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
This is like trying to figure out the difference between ugly and fugly...

Old 12-27-2010, 02:09 PM

559 posts, read 1,466,379 times
Lol let's not get this ridiculous conversation on the topic of ugly or fugly. Might as well just throw in ugly hot, too. What is the different of ugly, fugly, and ugly hot?

Old 12-27-2010, 03:55 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times
Quote:
Curvy doesn't mean plump. An 'S' has more curves than a 'B'. A 'B' has more creases. Plump women have FEWER curves and more CREASES than truly curvy women who are thin but have hourglass figures.

Please stop calling plump women curvy. It's an insult to women with hourglass figures.

Who died and made you ruler? If a man sees a thick woman with curves and wants to call her curvy, he can. There are plenty of curvy woman that are size 14 and 16 and look amazing. I would not put the word "thin" and "curvy" in the same sentence. Do you think those Victoria Secret Models are curvy? I don't. They use tricks to make themselves appear curvy. The woman voted sexiest woman alive is a size 14. She has curves. The sexiest woman to date is Marilyn Monroe and she was a 12. Get over yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty