Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 05:28 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times

Advertisements

Maybe I will be the first one to say this - but aside from being tall and having nice, straight, classical figures neither one of them are attractive (nor unattractive) to me. There are more attractive girls walking around on the streets. I guess royalty don't go for looks but other qualities when they decide on their spouse.

Some of the other lady guests on the arms of dignitaries are very attractive though... woof woof!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 06:25 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,896 times
I thought Diana was very pretty and I think Katherine is very pretty as well.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:35 PM

746 posts, read 1,677,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Diana. I think Kate looks really old for her age.
Thats what I noticed too. I thought that she isn't going to age well. But then again, hubby is thinning on top, so maybe they're a match.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:44 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
I am sure William doesn't want to do his mom, which is why Kate looks and acts way different than her. I really wish people would stop comparing Diana and Kate. Kate is not Diana so she shouldn't be judged based on how Diana acted and lived her life.
I have to agree with you i've already had enough of the media talking about Kate as being the next Diana ...we do not want another Diana, please let Kate be herself and not have the stigma of Diana put onto her all the time.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:48 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
I dont know a single dude (who is not gay) who thinks Diana was prettier. 100% of the guys I know say Kate is prettier.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:58 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
She was from a more elevated bloodline & had connections to the Royal family. Excuse the discrepancy. Kate Middleton is a *commoner*.
it amazes me that england still puts up with having a "royal family."

Old 04-29-2011, 07:01 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,015,463 times
The problem with American men is most have a different idea of beauty vs european people. Most American men think a bleach blonde with big boobs and a spray tan would be better looking vs someone with classic and natural beauty.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:01 PM

8,046 posts, read 10,638,176 times
They are very different. Being the same age as Diana, I watched her wedding 30 years ago in awe. She looked so much like a fairy tale Princess in the dress she wore. Remember, the eighties were much more about "big" and fru-fru in dressing. She looked like Cinderella.

On the other hand, I admire the very elegant, understated dress and borrowed veil Kate wore; very classy. It seemed perfect for her. She seemed to be there to get married, not impress with her dress. But she was lovely. I hope she is starting a trend. I was relieved that she didn't have one of those awful sleeveless dresses that have been stamped on everyone for the past ten years. Sleeves are good, and so elegant!

Old 04-29-2011, 07:52 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,316,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
They are very different. Being the same age as Diana, I watched her wedding 30 years ago in awe. She looked so much like a fairy tale Princess in the dress she wore. Remember, the eighties were much more about "big" and fru-fru in dressing. She looked like Cinderella.
I hated Diana's dress! I mean, I don't think I hated it when I was 10 and watching her marry, but once I was older, I definitely decided that I didn't like it. It was HUGE. Enormous sleeves, enormous skirt, enormous veil, enormous train. (Enormous bouquet.) It swallowed her up. You couldn't even see HER...all you could see was the dress with a face poking out at the top.

I do realize that all the styles/fashions were big in the 80s, but...yuck.

Kate's dress seemed the opposite in every way: slim, fitted to her silhouette, and not excessive in any way. The dress was gorgeous, but it was also nice that it didn't obscure her in anyway.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:09 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
I don't think I've ever seen a more gawdy,horrible,mess of a dress as the one Diana wore to marry Charles. Just awful!!!!! Diana learned later on how to establish her own fashion and she did it wonderfully. Kate has a great fashion sense.
As to those who keep going on and on about why Kate may or may not have or should or should not have worn a sleeveless gown--no way! That is prohibited in Westminster Abbey !!!! As is showing signs of affection such as the traditional kiss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty