Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 08:45 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post

I think most women, though they won't admit it, want at least FOUR men:

1. The Bad Boy. The hot guy with the shaggy hair and the tattoos. He rides bike (motorized or not) and is a Musician or an Artist. Usually he works as a bartender.

2. The Stable Nerd. Brings home the bacon. Normal, boring, but pays the mortgage. Hello, Mr. Gates. Cha-ching.

3. The Handyman. While Daddywarbucks and bar-boy are off at the salt-mines someone needs to keep the household ticking. Hello Carter Oosterhouse and Eric Stromer.

4. Finally, we all need the "gay boyfriend". The go-to guy who will let us cry on his shoulder, take us to chick-flicks and help us pick out window coverings.

I think there is some truth to this. For example, I think a female bird will mate with on male and nest with another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 08:46 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Or "Do You prefer fit looking guys?"; Really, who wouldn't?
Ummm, me? I prefer a "soft" man, overweight or just naturally larger... fit men are nice to look at sometimes, but I've never gravitated towards them in terms of dating. For one, they usually have a different lifestyle and priorities than I do, and I also don't need them judging my body for being less than perfect. Not to mention, softer bodies are more comfortable for cuddling! I've dated men with a variety of body types, but the last few have been pretty big - 6'4" 310lbs (former athlete), 6'3" 225lbs, and 6'2"ish 270lbs. So I guess that's my preference these days.

Quote:
The neck down attribute most women size up first is the rear end - because that's where the wallet is located.
Very funny, but not fair to say "most" women prefer that... I personally don't care if he's rich, as long as he has a stable career of some sort. I don't make much myself, so who am I to judge? Also don't need a man to take care of me, seeing as I've made it 35 years without a sugar daddy.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:09 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post

I think most women, though they won't admit it, want at least FOUR men:

1. The Bad Boy. The hot guy with the shaggy hair and the tattoos. He rides bike (motorized or not) and is a Musician or an Artist. Usually he works as a bartender.

2. The Stable Nerd. Brings home the bacon. Normal, boring, but pays the mortgage. Hello, Mr. Gates. Cha-ching.

3. The Handyman. While Daddywarbucks and bar-boy are off at the salt-mines someone needs to keep the household ticking. Hello Carter Oosterhouse and Eric Stromer.

4. Finally, we all need the "gay boyfriend". The go-to guy who will let us cry on his shoulder, take us to chick-flicks and help us pick out window coverings.

What about a 1-2 combo, a bad boy with a good job? Ooh, we can call him Stable Boy.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:17 PM

19,721 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
i don't like you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-24-2011, 06:38 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,592 times
Yes he have to be perfect

No, I actually hate those dudes which count calories and cry their fat and which are obsessed to training and their looks. Hobby is a good thing, everything over it is a bad thing.

Old 11-24-2011, 04:03 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,665 times
Quote:
Why do people always bring up my weight when they have nothing of substance to comeback with? If God was obese would you hate him too?
Its probably because you are ripping people who go to the gym to stay in shape and you are over 250lbs. There are people who go to the gym for vanity reasons, but there are people who go to the gym because they don't want to weigh over 250lbs. By the way, I'm obese, just incase you assume that I'm a gym rat.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:33 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,369,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
If by fit you mean one of those hard bodied muscle heads -- no thank you. I prefer the John Goodman look. My husband is like that. Make no mistake, you try anything on me, and he'll rip you in two with no problem.

Hubby worked in indy pro wrestling for a long time, and the one thing I learned about those cut chiseled bodies the people think are so fine -- they blow up fast in the ring. So many of those types work hard on the musculature and forget about the cardio.... and when they need to move that bulk they created, they're caved in minutes.

Where as my hubby -- packed the very heavy ring and ring posts into the truck, helped set up the ring, anounced the show, managed some bad guys to get in on the fun, did major running around, finished the show, tore down the ring, packed it in the truck and took it home...
Usually cut and chiseled bodies do have stamina. I'm sure I could over most through Afghanistan with 100lbs of gear.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:39 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,369,711 times
I only hope TJ posts some more. Her posts are great.

Last edited by td333; 11-24-2011 at 08:48 PM..

Old 11-24-2011, 09:27 PM

973 posts, read 1,705,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Its probably because you are ripping people who go to the gym to stay in shape and you are over 250lbs. There are people who go to the gym for vanity reasons, but there are people who go to the gym because they don't want to weigh over 250lbs. By the way, I'm obese, just incase you assume that I'm a gym rat.
Plus there are those who go to the gym because they a. like to feel strong and healthy b. have to be strong and healthy to keep their jobs....

But to answer the OP's question, I do prefer men who are fit and who really have good, strong arms, for to me, that is one thing that makes me feel more like a woman as I feel good when they are wrapped around me. Now I don't mean arms like "guns", but ones that have some muscular definition to them. I also prefer them to be fit, so they can keep up with me!

Old 11-24-2011, 09:55 PM

217 posts, read 806,549 times
Quote:
Yes you quit because you know that I am right.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

You're practically drowning in harorate. Get over it and move on.
Did some buff bodybuilder type steal your love from you?
That MUST be the only reason you have such vitriol for people who lift.
You are obviously bereft of any knowledge on the subject and haven't the first CLUE what you're talking about. And, if you think that fat doesn't mean that you're out of shape, then you really ARE clueless.

My questions are......From which institution of higher learning did you receive your psychology degree? How, EXACTLY, did you ascertain that everybody who lifts is insecure?! Please answer the questions posed to you, troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty