Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 03:26 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
It is ok to have long hair. Ponytails are ONLY for keeping your hair from getting caught in machinery or out of food, not for a "fashion statement".
That's how I feel too. I used to have hair down to my lower back and I probably put it in a ponytail no more than a dozen times, and it wasn't for fashion reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 07:30 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
I don't personally care for the ponytails on men.
Me neither.

I do not like ponytails on men.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:22 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
Well my hair is red, thick, and down to my waist, usually worn in a pony tail (always at work). I like it, I'm keeping it, don't give a toss what people think. I like going to see Slayer and hitting people four feet away with it.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:26 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
But then their singing went to crap, Fleetie! I think at least James Hetfield may have had some Samson syndrome going on.
James blew out his vocal cords doing a cover of the Anti Nowhere League, that's why he sounds like crap these days. But the hair cuts were a symptom of the decline of the once great Metallica into mediocrity and sell out-ness (is that a word?).

Old 02-26-2012, 09:00 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
I actually like the look, when it's done right. It's hit or miss; some guys look really hot w/ a ponytail. And then there's the ones who want to be able to pull the look off, but can't.

Good example of it being hot:

Old 02-27-2012, 06:24 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
James blew out his vocal cords doing a cover of the Anti Nowhere League, that's why he sounds like crap these days. But the hair cuts were a symptom of the decline of the once great Metallica into mediocrity and sell out-ness (is that a word?).
It may not be a word, but I hear you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I actually like the look, when it's done right. It's hit or miss; some guys look really hot w/ a ponytail. And then there's the ones who want to be able to pull the look off, but can't.

Good example of it being hot:
Mmmm, Sawyer. Yummers.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:54 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
I would never wear one, but I get my hair cut once a month. I think it looks unprofessional on someone who works in a professional setting.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:57 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
I know this post will probably come across as shallow...but I need to vent! This week, I was at a large meeting where two men were wearing ponytails, who had no business wearing them.

Guy #1 was in his 40s, hair thinning at the crown (one step away from bald), sporting a 7-8 inch scraggly ponytail. Guy #2 looked to be close to 60, bald, with a thin, itty-bitty little ponytail, held back with a rubberband.

Forgive me, please, but why do men do this to themselves? Do they think they look good? Very unattractive, in my opinion. On the other hand, there's a 30-ish guy at work with gorgeous, thick, clean hair...I know a lot of women would kill to have hair as beautiful as his. He always wears it in a ponytail, and it looks great!

I'm sorry, but unless you have hair like this (see pic), you have no business wearing a ponytail. Signed, The Hair Police.

http://www.heartlessdoll.com/banderas.jpg

P.S. I am NOT criticizing bald men. Just crappy looking ponytails.
Personally I don't like them but it is their hair and their choice.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:59 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It may not be a word, but I hear you.

Mmmm, Sawyer. Yummers.
LOL I know, right

I looked for pics of Desmond with a ponytail, but came up with nothing

Old 06-26-2013, 12:39 AM

1 posts, read 4,068 times
Default ponytails

I'm in my sixties, with a full head of healthy hair. My beautiful girlfriend of ten years loves my ponytail. That's all I care about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty