Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:52 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I believe the videos are about circle lenses? I don't consider circle lenses makeup.

As a longtime prescription contact lens wearer, I'd worry about the the safety of buying/wearing lenses (which are manufactured/sold from overseas) without a U.S. eye doctor's prescription/exam. In the past, I have experimented with different contact lens colors, but have always been under the care of an eye doctor.
It's not just the circle lenses, but also the way the eyeliner, fake lashes, mascara, and eyeshadow play together with the circle lenses.

As for purchasing and wearing them, I buy from only specific companies. I stick with either Vassen or Geo branded contacts - and if they're not 100% comfortable, the lenses come right out. I'll probably be ordering these next week sometime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 11:48 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
I can't even fathom thinking about getting circle lenses. I think it looks strange. (My eyes are almond shaped)

Old 04-18-2012, 12:31 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,685,123 times
How about the real power of "non-makeup"????
Too much chemicals on the face = aging the face faster .

Old 04-18-2012, 01:13 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
How about the real power of "non-makeup"????
Too much chemicals on the face = aging the face faster .
On what grounds are you making this assertion? I demand proof.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:07 PM

8 posts, read 20,921 times
I do think that make up enhances the natural design and shape of the face, but I also think that women can be beautiful with just their natural clean faces. Having said that, the lenses definitely made a huge difference.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:46 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion_juls View Post
I do think that make up enhances the natural design and shape of the face, but I also think that women can be beautiful with just their natural clean faces. Having said that, the lenses definitely made a huge difference.
I find that the people who usually say things like this are thinking of women who ARE wearing makeup....it's just applied really well.

My ex used to say things like this, so I stopped wearing makeup. He told me I looked weird and tired, so I wore a little bit (mascara, foundation and a bit of liner) and he would say 'see, you look so pretty without makeup on!'

Old 04-18-2012, 08:57 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I find that the people who usually say things like this are thinking of women who ARE wearing makeup....it's just applied really well.

My ex used to say things like this, so I stopped wearing makeup. He told me I looked weird and tired, so I wore a little bit (mascara, foundation and a bit of liner) and he would say 'see, you look so pretty without makeup on!'
LOL, yep. There's a bit of skill involved in that "no make-up" make-up look. When pictures of celebrities are shown "without makeup" they are still wearing a ton, it's just applied to look "natural".
Make-up is fun, but as others have said it's for enhancement of features and not disguise. When I was young (teens and early 20s) I could get away with wearing zero makeup. As I'm getting old (early 30s), I'm finding it almost necessary. The people who've seen me like that now have said I look sick or tired. I also find people treat me differently (men and women alike) when I'm wearing a little as opposed to none.
The circle lenses thing is weird though, but it's a weird fad and there are plenty of them (like stretched earlobes, yuck). I would never wear them, but the idea of contact lenses skeeve me anyway. I would love to change my eyecolor, though.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
LOL, yep. There's a bit of skill involved in that "no make-up" make-up look. When pictures of celebrities are shown "without makeup" they are still wearing a ton, it's just applied to look "natural".
Make-up is fun, but as others have said it's for enhancement of features and not disguise. When I was young (teens and early 20s) I could get away with wearing zero makeup. As I'm getting old (early 30s), I'm finding it almost necessary. The people who've seen me like that now have said I look sick or tired. I also find people treat me differently (men and women alike) when I'm wearing a little as opposed to none.
The circle lenses thing is weird though, but it's a weird fad and there are plenty of them (like stretched earlobes, yuck). I would never wear them, but the idea of contact lenses skeeve me anyway. I would love to change my eyecolor, though.

I find I spend just as much time putting on 'natural' makeup as I do exaggerated evening 'go out' makeup. It's just different colors and techniques.

My sister wears colored contact lenses to make her eyes bright green (the same color as mine, but she has dark brown eyes) along with a ton of mascara and eyeliner and it always cracks me up when people compliment her beautiful eyes because they're fake

Old 04-19-2012, 07:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
You might not get the language, but the images are ..striking.
To me this thread is not really about make-up. I could relate to people living in foreign countries doing something like that, but to be in your own country, surrounded by your own people who look just like you, and still feel the need to do that is truly pathetic and sad... I don't get this level of self-hatred...

Old 04-19-2012, 08:56 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
The circle lenses & false lashes make the biggest impact.

Exactly! This is trickery and deception through (once again) PLASTIC!

Better make all of your women strip everything off, get x-rayed (for implants/fake parts), etc. to be sure you are getting the real deal! Otherwise, you may get a Frankenstein monster!! ICK!!!

Sierra, I agree 100%! Self-hatred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty