Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 06:00 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 1,161,269 times

Advertisements

I guess it's a matter of personal preference, but I think it's gross (I'm female). I can't tell you exactly why I think it's gross, so I guess it's just societal conditioning.

As such, I don't even entertain stepping out of the shower or tub unless I've utilised a razor (preferably the triple bladed kind). It's just a habit for me now. I can wash and condition my hair, wash my entire body, shave my pits and then my legs from ankle to hip in well under 10 minutes. I've got it down to an art, do to water restriction issues. I think because I maintain it daily, it's easier/faster to do? I don't know why it takes some ladies so long to shave their legs. I can just zip that razor and not leave any strays, and I'm relatively "hairy".

I could probably let my legs go 2-3 days and just deal with it, but I can't stand the feel of stubble in my pits; and it itches too. I should probably just look at getting them waxed, or better yet, lasered. Outlay of cost, but long term savings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 11:47 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,040,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan View Post
I saw a lot of it in Sweden too, women who had legs as hairy as a man's.
I always thought sweden would be the opposite.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:16 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,278,671 times
I would think a guy who shaved his body very wierd and uninviting. I myself do not shave anything and I'm female. I get rashes from it. If someone has a problem and can't get past it then frankly I don't need them because if you can't accept someone as they are, then you can't accept them. If men or women shave because they themselves like it that way, not so someone else will like them its fine. Just don't expect others to for them. It's what's inside that really counts, not whats growing or not growing on the outside. Priorites...

Body hair is natural, norman and serves a purpose. What is so terrible it must be removed?

Personally I like beards too, far more than smooth look.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:55 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,418,591 times
See, there are some people who think body hair on anyone is just the way bodies are meant to be. Why so many of us get fetishes about it (I mean the ones with phobia at the idea of natural fur) is a puzzle.

Hey, give my regards to Norman, OK?

Old 02-19-2011, 12:52 PM

874 posts, read 1,650,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJerseyCity View Post
Oh look, there's my breakfast all over my desk...
same here hahah

I prefer shaven. Unshaven is pretty sick. I think women should go completely shaved except for the head.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:13 PM

32,958 posts, read 36,425,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
See, there are some people who think body hair on anyone is just the way bodies are meant to be. Why so many of us get fetishes about it (I mean the ones with phobia at the idea of natural fur) is a puzzle.

Hey, give my regards to Norman, OK?
Only if Norman shaves or waxes his face, ears, nostrils, neck, chest, arms, privates and legs. Hell, have him take a swan dive into a hot wax pool and have him rip out every hair on his body by the roots.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:26 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,522,409 times
I think people make way too big a deal of this in this country (I guess I should mention I'm an immigrant lol). I tend not to shave as much in the winter cause really who will it bother except me if it gets uncomfortable. I also don't from time to time in the rest of the year too, but it's not like I show it off or anything like that. But I guess it just goes with how I grew up, at home and among family friends it wasn't a big deal, in "regular" society everyone did make a big deal about it, so I think it's ok but it's not something I mention much or show off, or even do so often (not shave) but if I didn't or met someone who didn't I don't think it's a big deal, it's just natural.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:50 PM

Britney spears didnt seem to mind not shaving her armpits. http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2007/12...BM_450x561.jpg

Old 02-20-2011, 03:28 AM

236 posts, read 860,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Britney spears didnt seem to mind not shaving her armpits. http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2007/12...BM_450x561.jpg
::gag:: That made me a little sick.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaPanda♥ View Post
::gag:: That made me a little sick.
At least this time shes wearing underwear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty