Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 08:19 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,478,206 times

Advertisements

My ideal body type for men is
-5'5"-6'5"
-lean/slender, but with great muscle mass
-Adonis belt/s*x lines
-Nice calves
-Shapely arms with only a small bit of vessels showing
-Broad shoulders
-A little hairy but not a forest. Not really attracted to hair on chest.
-Strong jawline and neck *sighs*

As someone mentioned, Alexander Skarsgaard is hot. I'm not really concerned with eye or hair color.

Turnoffs would be bodybuilder type men and having too much gut and a face full of hair (mountain man beard).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 08:45 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I don't think it's childish to acknowledge there are some physical traits that one finds unattractive. Physical attraction is a big part of adult relationships so, no, it's not menial nonsense.

Besides, this is a discussion about our ideals, not our realities. A number of people who answered are married to or dating men who don't meet their described preference.
That is about as close as I as I can get so far including the height but still not there yet lol.
I am only 5'4" and I think I carry my weight fairly well for my height. Im working on the other aspects such as the Adonis belt, it is hard to do at my age

Old 06-21-2012, 08:50 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
I'm a guy, but I always thought Brad Pitt had about the perfect balance of mass/definition in Fight Club. He's a little bigger than I'd want to be in Troy. That's the look I'm striving for, at any rate.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:13 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,032 times
^He used to be great until I don't find him attractive anymore.

Sonny Bill comes to mind but maybe a little less bulky (and definitely a lot shorter). That guy is 6'4. -.-
I prefer 5'7-5'11.
No skinny guys.
A good portion of hair, not extremely hairy. (turnoff)

I will add anything else that comes to my mind.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:27 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
I'm surprised so many folks are anti-hair. I mean, I'm not about the Austin Powers style chest but I look a hearty amount to run my fingers through. A couple years ago I went out with an 18 year old guy who had zero chest hair whatsoever and I found it so bizarre, it was a major turn off.

And facial hair. Bring on the rugged beards and stubble because I think it looks damn sexy. It's only a nuisance when you're doing a lot of kissing because stubble burn hurts.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:36 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
My ideal body type for men is
-5'5"-6'5"
-lean/slender, but with great muscle mass
-Adonis belt/s*x lines
-Nice calves
-Shapely arms with only a small bit of vessels showing
-Broad shoulders
-A little hairy but not a forest. Not really attracted to hair on chest.
-Strong jawline and neck *sighs*

As someone mentioned, Alexander Skarsgaard is hot. I'm not really concerned with eye or hair color.

Turnoffs would be bodybuilder type men and having too much gut and a face full of hair (mountain man beard).
That sounds just a little close to what I am. just a little I am just below the height part 5'4". god didn't bless me with height, as far as the rest goes I am not skinny but I think I carry my weight fairly well, I'm trying to get the adonis belt but it is hard lol.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:58 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Tall ...6' - 6'4"
Brown hair
Light Eyes
Thick build
Broad shoulders
He should NOT look pregnant. I don't mind a small tummy but if he looks like he's a few months pregnant

Actually...this picture...Mmmmmmm...that's it right there. I'd be all over him like a cheap suit!
Gerard Butler | Shirtless Daily
Wow... A butterface, but near perfection body wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I agree totally! It is "boring and vain" and in the Sunbelt states like Florida, where more skin is on display more frequently and in greater quantity, one can see why this cult of body building survives there.

However, I'm originally from LI NY and "beach culture" is huge there, as are some men's muscles.

I also agree that the men who do it think it's hot. But women, not so much.

I think it's more of a narcissistic thing. They do it for themselves and for other men.

Kind of like women with really big hair, overly made up, with unnatural acrylic nails. Men are not impressed.
I can see it being a narcissistic thing, same with the overly made up woman....bleh.

I also felt like there were more narcissists in Florida than in Massachusetts. Maybe it was just the people in my circle but I wonder if it could be something larger than that?

I love Florida either way

Old 06-21-2012, 03:09 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I'm not what you like, I'm sure, but I have the above attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
5'10-6'4, thick wavy brunet hair, medium build.

Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark, except maybe a little hairier and a teensy bit more muscled. He's just so sexy in both his nerdy professor get up and ruthless explorer mode. I like a man that can pull off both of those looks.

Indeed.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:51 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
What are tree trunk legs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Ok ladies and gentlemen! Pop open that bottle of wine and settle down

What is your ideal male body type and what can't you stand?

I figured the guys have a thread like this so now it's our turn

Please feel free to add pics as well.

For me:

between 5'10" and 6'1"

Hairy but not Borat hairy

Pure strength but visible ripped muscles aren't required

Big sexy tree trunk legs

Dark hair

Turn offs:

Very little body hair

Skinny...especially chicken legs if I see chicken legs SO UNATTRACTIVE

Flat ass....your ass looks like it belongs on a little girl

Your turn!

Old 06-21-2012, 04:59 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Girl View Post
Who cares what he looks like, if he treats ya right?

I mean, seriously.

If you actually CAN find a man that treats you right, never let him go.
This is not true. You have be attracted to the guy first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty