Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 11:42 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,602 times

Advertisements

That's so funny that your husband calls them that...my husband calls mine the "big guns"....he'll say stupid things like if I'm leaning over the table or something "watch out or you'll blast me with those big guns"....thanks babe, I appreciate the beautiful compliment. Yeah, if I could make myself different without plastic surgery, the butt would go way down (but my Husband likes it too). I guess what men see on women and what women see when they look in the mirror are totally different. Plus, I guess love makes them blind or something too. Having kids is worth it however, we need to invent a way to have kids and bounce back to our old selves within 2-4 weeks! Yeah, right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2006, 11:48 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Big Guns, that is so funny, I get boulders, "man toys" has to be my favorite though, he once said that when he quit smoking atleast he would be able to keep his hands busy!! He doesnt believe in "more than a handful is to much, he likes them to spill over", wonderful sentiments huh? but of all his man sayings, as far as my rear is conserned has to be "more cushin for the pushin" which is just such a turn on LOL!!!! gotta love him though, atleast he thinks I am beautiful, even if he has a weird way of saying so!!!

Old 09-24-2006, 12:01 PM

944 posts, read 3,954,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1 View Post
My but could drop off now, i wish!!!! hubby likes it me not so much...
Classic --- why do you women hate having butts when we men like them so much?

Celebrate your booty!

As for boulders, , I have bad enough back problems as a skinny man, I cannot imagine carrying a "backpack" on my chest... But then I'm sure our anatomies are programmed to handle such differences.... you probably wouldn't like the idea of having to protect your ovaries from big dogs and little kids who don't know any better than to smash into your groin

Old 09-24-2006, 12:13 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post

Celebrate your booty!

As for boulders, , I have bad enough back problems as a skinny man, I cannot imagine carrying a "backpack" on my chest... But then I'm sure our anatomies are programmed to handle such differences.... you probably wouldn't like the idea of having to protect your ovaries from big dogs and little kids who don't know any better than to smash into your groin
Yea back pack thats about it!! I love watching my husband cover that area when a child comes over to give him a hug or a dog!! but then I have a hard time, running, catching a football, or even throwing a ball with my kids, they all snicker!!!

Old 09-24-2006, 01:02 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,602 times
Quote:

Celebrate your booty!

That's hilarious LMAO!! However, chances are your groin is less likely to collide with small children and dogs on a 24 hour a day basis...our backpacks are built in (ugh). It hurts sometimes (and then you men wonder why we have "headaches"...after carrying them around all day, would you really want someone else pummeling them?!)

I suppose either way, it can suck to be a man and it can suck to be a women....we're all scr*wed.

Old 09-24-2006, 09:53 PM

502 posts, read 2,295,910 times
Quote:

Celebrate your booty!

Actually, I wish my butt was bigger. I wish I had a J. LO thing going on.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:55 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Good news! In people magazine, one country banned all models with <18 BMI! Out of 300 models, only 68 showed up! One was 5'7 and weighed 107, another 5'11 and weighed 117! Both have been banned and once other countries follow suit, all those banned models will have no choice but gain weight!
An old thread, I know, but what a horrible thing to celebrate. Not all thin women are starving themselves. You are delighting in turning women away who, in all likelihood, are naturally thin. It may make you feel better about your body, but isn't telling these young women that their natural form is "wrong" just as bad as anyone who says you have to be a size 2 to be beautiful?

I wouldn't make the cut, my BMI is <18 and I don't think it's ever been above. Maybe freshman year of college when I gained a few pounds from binge drinking, eating frozen dinners (because that's about all you can cook in a dorm), and starting birth control. So basically, at my least healthy lifestyle I was just barely what is considered a "normal" weight. But it's not normal for me.

I understand the desire to employ healthy models, but weight is something that varies so wildly from one person to another, it's not the best way to determine a person's healthfulness. And overall I hate the attack on the fashion industry. They don't send the message that you have to be thin to be beautiful, just that you have to be thin to be a model. I don't get bent out of shape because I don't have the build to be a jockey, Olympic swimmer, or sumo wrestler, so why all the upset that not every woman is built to model?

Old 11-18-2011, 05:36 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,378 times
Where are those healthy models? I only see those sceletons.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:11 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
I wasn't aware you were capable of accurately evaluating a person's health by seeing them walk down a runway. Have you informed the medical community of this gift you have?

Old 11-18-2011, 11:06 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiippaKiwi View Post
You need to get FTV as part of your home HD package or check out the NEW Victorias Secret Angels. WOW WOW WOW!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty