Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 09:23 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times

Advertisements

Why anyone would spend anything over 200. for a purse, bag or what ever you call them is beyond me.

LV products are ugly, doesn't impress me. the brown and gold logo is ugly.

To me it says:

Hi, I'm an idiot, I like to spend an exorborant amount of money for a product with some ones else's name on it.

ok, If that makes you feel better.

doens t do squat for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 11:56 AM

484 posts, read 854,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Why anyone would spend anything over 200. for a purse, bag or what ever you call them is beyond me.

To me it says:

Hi, I'm an idiot, I like to spend an exorborant amount of money for a product with some ones else's name on it.

doens t do squat for me
Maybe in your next life you will be a woman and understand our love for over priced purses etc. lol I don't find them ugly, an there is more than the classique brown and gold logo.

they have value and there style lasts from season to season. they are made well and will last a lifetime. So if you ask moi. They are worth the price.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:47 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

To me it says:

doens t do squat for me
Why does someone spend $2 on a coffee or $500 on a TV? Because $2 or $500 or even $5000 is affordable and is not going to have any impact on their financial situation. It's not like people are spending $250,000 on these purses.

They LV purses? Personally, I don't know... but everyone has different preferences.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:52 PM

308 posts, read 897,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
My best friend bought me a louis vuitton backpack purse. She spent over 1000 on it and claimed louis vuitton is an investment it goes up 30% each year. Looking at my purse I have no idea why it would be so expensive, it's not even leather!! Could someone here educted me about the joys of owning a louis vuitton purse?
you pay 70% for "marketing / popular appeal" and 30% for "quality / labor", very much not unlike the premium Swiss watches.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:01 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
Maybe in your next life you will be a woman and understand our love for over priced purses etc. lol I don't find them ugly, an there is more than the classique brown and gold logo.

they have value and there style lasts from season to season. they are made well and will last a lifetime. So if you ask moi. They are worth the price.

I say this with love,

do they have good re-sale value?

I feel the same way about work boots, money is no object.....

so yeah, I get ya.....

Old 08-01-2012, 10:13 PM

701 posts, read 1,563,300 times
I enjoy owning designer products, especially when I can buy them at a bargain. While Louis Vuitton's accessories are very well made and last decades (when used lovingly), I do have to admit that their re-sale value is quite low. Unless it's a limited edition item or from the Epi or Damier lines, it will not re-sell well. My mom has one of the Monogram Keepalls (45, 50, or 55? idk It's huge and she bought it at the Houston Galleria) that she bought on impulse a couple of years ago and used it once. She tried giving it to me, but I don't like the monogram line, so I thought about selling it on ebay... Only to see the market completely flooded with them, authentic and fake. Her bag cost over $1,000 and it appears that she wouldn't even be able to recoup 20% of the costs.

Louis Vuitton is, unfortunately, so popular that the re-sale market has completely overwhelmed buyers leaving sellers to either sell at a loss or keep their items for another couple of years like we're doing.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:01 PM

947 posts, read 1,643,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post
I enjoy owning designer products, especially when I can buy them at a bargain. While Louis Vuitton's accessories are very well made and last decades (when used lovingly), I do have to admit that their re-sale value is quite low. Unless it's a limited edition item or from the Epi or Damier lines, it will not re-sell well. My mom has one of the Monogram Keepalls (45, 50, or 55? idk It's huge and she bought it at the Houston Galleria) that she bought on impulse a couple of years ago and used it once. She tried giving it to me, but I don't like the monogram line, so I thought about selling it on ebay... Only to see the market completely flooded with them, authentic and fake. Her bag cost over $1,000 and it appears that she wouldn't even be able to recoup 20% of the costs.

Louis Vuitton is, unfortunately, so popular that the re-sale market has completely overwhelmed buyers leaving sellers to either sell at a loss or keep their items for another couple of years like we're doing.
It's the counterfeits passing as the real deal flooding the market that are driving down the the resale value. It's a huge issue with luxury goods.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:31 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,910 times
Are these fakes??? iOffer Stores - girlssmile2010's Store

Old 08-02-2012, 04:42 PM

701 posts, read 1,563,300 times
If it's being sold on iOffer, it's fake.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:46 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,910 times
Didn't know that was legal. I'll have to look twice now when someone is carrying a LV purse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty