Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 05:57 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times

Advertisements

She is not being jealous and neither am I. She is right. You would raise holy hell if either one of us came up here saying white women have better smiles than black women. White women are prettier than black women. White people age better than black women.

You, among other black women jumped all over poster sailordave for asking about your hair care and if there was an alternative to some of the costly procedures. All of a sudden he was a racist. No. He was a white man asking a question about black hair because he did not have the answer and you attacked him.

Black women as well as all other women get all the shine they need everyday. Some men prefer this, some prefer that.

What this is is a racial thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
You are being jealous. There are so many threads on here celebrating the beauty of European women all the time. I've read plenty of comments from men saying Italian women are the most beautiful or even that white women in general are more attractive than other races. Let black women get some shine for a chance
I am also quoting the person you quoted in your post:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Of course it's inflammatory to say one race is more naturally beautiful than all the other races. I wonder how you would respond if a white person started a thread saying "white people are just much more beautiful than black people, white people have nicer smiles, and all the bad stereotypes of white people (like the claim that we don't age well) come from prejudiced black people". I'm sure you'd have no problems with that whatsoever, right?

There's no "truth" about what you're saying, it's just your own personal preference. There are plenty of Asians or caucasians who think their race is the most beautiful (but of course you'd dismiss that as racism). I've met plenty of dark-skinned people who weren't blessed with a beautiful smile or didn't age gracefully. But if you want to feel superior to others based on something as silly as the amount of melanin in your skin, go ahead. Isn't that the very definition of racism by the way?

And no, this isn't the same as talking about specific nationalities. You made it clear that you are talking about black people from all over the world so it's purely a race issue for you.
end quote

Old 08-05-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipGrant View Post
So talking about how beautiful black women are compared to other ethnic groups is considered inflammatory? Your mentality and many people who think like you is the reason why race is still an issue in America. No wonder why some countries think we are a nation of cowards. Most of you cant handle the truth and are afraid to tackle an controversial issue. Eric Holder was right...
No. This thread became a controversy the minute you hit submit. You did not say it as a preference, such as you prefer the looks of black over white.

You stated that basically hands down, you are more beautiful.

Then Nyanna jumps on your bandwagon when all she ever wants to do is bleach her skin into oblivion.

It is a different thing when you say that you have noticed xy and z, but you have come out, as a person of your own race, telling us all who are not that we are inferior to you.

You, my dear, are the racist.

Note that I said i think all women are beautiful and that if I had to choose, I would put Indian at the top.

As a white woman, I think I am holding on to my youth at nearly forty. I don't go saying that it makes me better than anyone else.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:05 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,243,943 times
Quote:
You are being jealous. There are so many threads on here celebrating the beauty of European women all the time. I've read plenty of comments from men saying Italian women are the most beautiful or even that white women in general are more attractive than other races. Let black women get some shine for a chance
Jealous of what?

As I said, there's a difference between nationality and race. This thread is entirely based on the supposed racial superiority of blacks in terms of beauty compared to all other races. If someone started a thread saying white people are the most beautiful in the world and we have nicer smiles and what not, you bet people would be screaming racism. You know this is true. There's a big difference between saying you're attracted to e.g. Ethiopian or Sudanese women and saying "black people all over the world are more beautiful than other races". Black people all over the world don't all look the same, there's a great diversity of phenotypes within and between the African nations, so a generalisation like that can only be based on skin colour. Now it's fine if you prefer darker skin on people but don't pretend like anyone who disagrees with you is motivated by racism or jealousy.

As for the "nicer smiles" bit, how is this not racist? What on earth does skin colour have to do with the way people smile? If you had replaced 'black' with any other race, everyone would recognise that this statement is racist. You can be sure that if I wrote "black people do not have nice smiles", many people here - including yourself, I predict - would say that I was racist and that I can't possibly generalise people like that. Again, it's a double standard.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:07 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
If I were to chose...I couldn't do it based on race since the US puts all people from Spanish speaking countries in 1 racial category called "Hispanic" which is a word that is only used in the US.

I think the most beautiful NATURAL beauties are Brazilians and other Latin people that fit that stereotypical look which is certainly not most Latin people.

I think it must help that Brazillians are know for their warmth, and seeming happy all the time.

I guess they are technically white, usually of mixed Italian, Spanish, German, and even Eastern European ancestry. Maybe they have a little African or Amerindian in them.

Kind of like a lot of the Victorias Secret models and my all time fav girl crush Salma Hayek.

Also, this look some Colombian men have with very milky skin and black hair with dark eyes is pretty hot. Most white Colombian women I know dye their hair blonde, but I'm sure that long silky black hair would be pretty hot.

For the record I'm half South American (again, Southern European mutt with possibly some Amerindian but hard to tell) and half American Jew.

Bias...of course

Old 08-05-2012, 06:08 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I actually also think this is a racist thread that will more than likely not end well. As an almost forty year old white woman, I believe all women are beautiful. I believe there are beautiful woman of all nationalities and race. If I had to choose one, I would have to lean towards the Indian woman.

My smile is just as lovely as any black womans smile and I am also aging well. This has much to do with how we take care of ourselves. This has to do with whether or not we smoke, or put poisons in our body, or spend too much time in the sun.

I must say, I have seen many much older African American women who look much younger than they are. I have seen the same in all other people. being in the medical field and having women come to me, and having their age readily available in front of me, many times I am surprised, and I will tell them as much. Again, all nationalities or races.

I have also seen women who are 80 years old or so, with their wrinkles and grey hair. They have years behind them and have raised their families. They have lost many family members yet they are still here. I look at them and I think that they are just beautiful.

OP is making a broad generalization that black women are just better looking than white women. Well, I have seen some ugly ass black women. But, I've also seen some ugly ass white women as well. LMAO.

My grandma had a nurse. She was a black lady, about 60 years old. Let me tell you right now, she was not pretty to look at. On top of that, she smoked, talked fast, and at times...I am just gonna come out with it....acted ghetto.

So, I got to spending some time with Jessie. She took pretty good care of my grandmother, but many times did not show up for work. Her daughter kept taking off with her car. She couldn't drive but owned a car so that her daughter could drive her.

Sometimes I would go get her, sometimes my mother would, sometimes her daughter would bring her. She became more of a friend to my mother and grandmother than a caregiver but no one ever really said anything. I became my grandmothers as well as my mothers primary care giver. My grandmother ended up having to go into a nursing home after a stay in the hospital and Jessie stopped coming out.

I don't know how much longer it was that my mother passed away, maybe a half a year but Jessie was the first person to come out and help with every thing. She was a beautiful person.

I do take offense to many of the black women who come here jumping on the we are better than you bandwagon.
You are just being a very jealous white woman who cannot stand anything positive being said about black women. Just a shame. The world is always proclaiming that white women are beautiful and just ONE thread talking about the beauty of black women gets your panties in a bunch. Very selfish of you

Old 08-05-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
She is not being jealous and neither am I. She is right. You would raise holy hell if either one of us came up here saying white women have better smiles than black women. White women are prettier than black women. White people age better than black women.
I have been hearing that White women are more beautiful than I am since I was a little girl. Everytime I am online I always read something about other races of women being more beautiful. There was a study done that proved black women were the least attractive race of all.

Quote:
You, among other black women jumped all over poster sailordave for asking about your hair care and if there was an alternative to some of the costly procedures. All of a sudden he was a racist. No. He was a white man asking a question about black hair because he did not have the answer and you attacked him.

Black women as well as all other women get all the shine they need everyday. Some men prefer this, some prefer that.

What this is is a racial thread.

I am also quoting the person you quoted in your post:
Of course it's inflammatory to say one race is more naturally beautiful than all the other races. I wonder how you would respond if a white person started a thread saying "white people are just much more beautiful than black people, white people have nicer smiles, and all the bad stereotypes of white people (like the claim that we don't age well) come from prejudiced black people". I'm sure you'd have no problems with that whatsoever, right?

There's no "truth" about what you're saying, it's just your own personal preference. There are plenty of Asians or caucasians who think their race is the most beautiful (but of course you'd dismiss that as racism). I've met plenty of dark-skinned people who weren't blessed with a beautiful smile or didn't age gracefully. But if you want to feel superior to others based on something as silly as the amount of melanin in your skin, go ahead. Isn't that the very definition of racism by the way?

And no, this isn't the same as talking about specific nationalities. You made it clear that you are talking about black people from all over the world so it's purely a race issue for you.
end quote
I cannot believe you are acting like this. You are being very selfish and all the years of having men kiss you a$$ because you are white has made you self centered . You cannot stand one measley thread praising the beauty of black women. I bet if this were a thread about how European women being the most beautiful you wouldn't make a peep.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:13 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
Of course it would be different if someone started a thread about white women having better smiles than black woman...because of history.

Lets face it...African Americans have been through some horrid things that were pretty much all orchestrated by Anglos.

Not too long ago it was socially acceptable to be openly racist towards blacks in even the most liberal areas.

So much of US history ties into slavery, the civil war, and later segregation, lynchings, riots, etc. I always wonder what its like to be the only black kid in an American history class.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
You are just being a very jealous white woman who cannot stand anything positive being said about black women. Just a shame. The world is always proclaiming that white women are beautiful and just ONE thread talking about the beauty of black women gets your panties in a bunch. Very selfish of you
I have nothing to be jealous of. FOR GOD'S SAKE I SAID ALL WOMEN ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Above that, I said Indian women, in my opinion, are the most beautiful.

You need to put yourself in check. When YOU can stop trying to bleach your skin to become A WHITE WOMAN, you can start calling me names. Until then, I am jealous of no one. Did you read my long post? I said something very positive about a black woman.

No you didn't read it. Because you are being racist. There is more than one thread talking about black people and if there isn't, you make it about yourselves and other people being racist against you.

I am jealous of nothing and no one. Don't you know jealousy is one of the 7 deadly sins, woman?

Put away the bleach. Its going to your brain.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Jealous of what?

As I said, there's a difference between nationality and race. This thread is entirely based on the supposed racial superiority of blacks in terms of beauty compared to all other races. If someone started a thread saying white people are the most beautiful in the world and we have nicer smiles and what not, you bet people would be screaming racism. You know this is true. There's a big difference between saying you're attracted to e.g. Ethiopian or Sudanese women and saying "black people all over the world are more beautiful than other races". Black people all over the world don't all look the same, there's a great diversity of phenotypes within and between the African nations, so a generalisation like that can only be based on skin colour. Now it's fine if you prefer darker skin on people but don't pretend like anyone who disagrees with you is motivated by racism or jealousy.

As for the "nicer smiles" bit, how is this not racist? What on earth does skin colour have to do with the way people smile? If you had replaced 'black' with any other race, everyone would recognise that this statement is racist. You can be sure that if I wrote "black people do not have nice smiles", many people here - including yourself, I predict - would say that I was racist and that I can't possibly generalise people like that. Again, it's a double standard.
Don't play dumb like you don't have a reason to be jealous

How many threads in here have been dedicated to the beauty of White women? PLENTY. There was some thread with the title "why are european women so hot" or some crap like that. Where the heck were you at when that thread was made? Why weren't you hollering about racism and how it was unfair to say that white women were better looking than other women? No you didn't say a damn thing. You only feel the need to come in here and say something when its about black women. Like black women don't deserve to have threads dedicated to their beauty. You are being a very jealous white women. You are threatened and don't want your beauty privilege taken away from you

Quote:
I have nothing to be jealous of. FOR GOD'S SAKE I SAID ALL WOMEN ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Above that, I said Indian women, in my opinion, are the most beautiful.

You need to put yourself in check. When YOU can stop trying to bleach your skin to become A WHITE WOMAN, you can start calling me names. Until then, I am jealous of no one. Did you read my long post? I said something very positive about a black woman.

No you didn't read it. Because you are being racist. There is more than one thread talking about black people and if there isn't, you make it about yourselves and other people being racist against you.

I am jealous of nothing and no one. Don't you know jealousy is one of the 7 deadly sins, woman?

Put away the bleach. Its going to your brain.
White women are not the only race on earth with lightskin. I want to lighten my skin so I can look like a lightskin Black woman.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:16 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Well,Nyanna does have a point.
Case: WOW,those beautiful Italian women.

Ming mings post does sound inflammatory,the way she put it out there is stupid Imo.

Imo btw,Asians don't age better than white women.I wish people would stop that stupid generalization too.
So because someone stays thin,they automatically look younger?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty