Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:08 AM

345 posts, read 1,578,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I'm thankful for this thread. I used to wear contacts years ago and had no problems that I can recall. However last week I got them again and can get them in but not out! I had a panic atttack trying to get them out and had to go back to the doc and he took them out. Now my friends have told me horror stories about them getting stuck, etc and I'm afraid to try again.

lol! I called my husband at work as soon as I was able to get mine in. Told him he may have to help me get them out. I won't even try until he is home. I'm with you what if they get stuck!!! anyway, good luck hope you find someone kind enough to help get them out if need be (my husband is a "doctor" at heart and loves this kind of stuff!!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 11:23 AM

660 posts, read 2,441,437 times
no dont need them i have perfect 20/20 vision

Old 10-04-2007, 12:05 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post
hey guys!! for the first time in my life, i am typing without eyeglasses on!! woohoo!!
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I had a panic atttack trying to get them out and had to go back to the doc and he took them out. Now my friends have told me horror stories about them getting stuck, etc and I'm afraid to try again.
They're gonna get stuck sometimes, no matter what, but it doesn't happen as often as the horror stories would make you think. If my eyes are feeling a little dry, or I've had the contacts in for a long time, I'll use some eye drops a few minutes before trying to take them out. Be patient, and be prepared to walk away for a few minutes if you're getting frustrated.

My sister, who also wears gas perm lenses, used to have a mini suction cup on a stick that she'd use to get hers out if they were vexing her. My eye doctor wouldn't give me on -- he said they were unsanitary. Like my fingers aren't? LOL

Old 10-04-2007, 12:19 PM

8,306 posts, read 3,470,281 times
Lenses get stuck in the eye ? I swear I didnt know that and I've been using them for the past 7 yrs Does that happen with all kinds of lenses ? I use soft ones and never had such a problem .. Sometimes if I keep them on too long, they do get dry and a little difficult to remove , kwim ? .. But never gotten stuck .. Lol..Now I'm scared
Congrats momoffive on your first successful lens mission

Old 10-04-2007, 02:47 PM

345 posts, read 1,578,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
Lenses get stuck in the eye ? I swear I didnt know that and I've been using them for the past 7 yrs Does that happen with all kinds of lenses ? I use soft ones and never had such a problem .. Sometimes if I keep them on too long, they do get dry and a little difficult to remove , kwim ? .. But never gotten stuck .. Lol..Now I'm scared
Congrats momoffive on your first successful lens mission
you guys are so funny!! I did just take them out (the drs. office said start about 4 hrs/day).. I did put drops in 3 times in 4 hrs. last time i put the drops in right before removing the lenses. they came right out no problem!!

thanks everyone!!

Old 10-05-2007, 07:23 PM

312 posts, read 1,639,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
My sister, who also wears gas perm lenses, used to have a mini suction cup on a stick that she'd use to get hers out if they were vexing her.
I was going to bring that up too. When I had gas perm contacts, I had two of those little suction cups. Kept one at home and one in my purse. I had a few urgent times I used it, very glad I had it.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:17 AM

859 posts, read 3,322,182 times
You'll get used to it. I got contact almost 10 years ago and the first month I was a disaster--couldn't get them in or out. (Once one went behind my eye and I had to go to the eye doc to get it removed!! But a trick to cure that is, if a lense is stuck behind your eye, put in another the right way and with in 20 minutes it forcs the other one out.)

But after a few months to a year you are so used to it, that now I do it both in and out with out a mirror and i have huge nails.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:43 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,167,485 times
ok, whoa and wait.........it went BEHIND your eye???? Holy cow........the eye doc told me it can't go there..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
You'll get used to it. I got contact almost 10 years ago and the first month I was a disaster--couldn't get them in or out. (Once one went behind my eye and I had to go to the eye doc to get it removed!! But a trick to cure that is, if a lense is stuck behind your eye, put in another the right way and with in 20 minutes it forcs the other one out.)

But after a few months to a year you are so used to it, that now I do it both in and out with out a mirror and i have huge nails.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:56 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
First, you just need to have the attitude that you will succeed. It's easy to get discouraged at first.
Some things that helped me are:
Get a solution that is sort of viscous, not watery.
Always keep the eye side of the lens wetter than the finger side. The lens wants to go toward the moisture.
Keep your fingers and around the eye area dry or you won't get a good enough grip to hold your eye open enough.
Hang in there. I still dread putting them in every day, since it goes better some days than others, but once they're in, It's SO nice not to wear stupid glasses.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:20 PM

8,306 posts, read 3,470,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
Once one went behind my eye and I had to go to the eye doc to get it removed!! But a trick to cure that is, if a lense is stuck behind your eye, put in another the right way and with in 20 minutes it forcs the other one out..

I need to stop seeing this thread.. I'm scared !!! http://bestsmileys.com/eek/7.gif (broken link)

Seriously, since the time I started using contacts and its 7 yrs now, this is the first time I hear of lenses getting stuck and lenses going behind the eye .. http://bestsmileys.com/eek/3.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty