Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 10:49 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Well, I suppose that depends on how you define "pulling it off." I don't think anything about that look is particularly attractive.
Well to me attractive doesn't equal my personal ideal look. I find different styles attractive in different ways, provided the person is attractive physically and maintains a healthy, harmonious looking appearance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 01:39 PM

890 posts, read 2,280,220 times
I like them if it's the only facial piercing someone has, same with dermals. It does not look good paired with lip/nose /eyebrow piercings. 2 dermals can look okay if they are symmetrical on the face, or even 3 small ones grouped together (around the eye is where I usually see groups of 3). I don't think they are trashy but even so they are removable and much less of a commitment than a tattoo. I think some trashy people do tend to get these types of piercings but in that case it is not the piercings that give away their trashiness, it's usually the way they dress, act, and carry themselves.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:32 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,420,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My grandmother got her first tattoo in her 60s. She really doesn't give two hoots about what you or anyone else thinks of what she looks like

I'll 'express myself' however I please and just because you chose a generic flash tattoo and had it put in a very bad place on your body doesn't mean everyone else makes those same bad decisions.
Cement!

Old 12-23-2012, 12:06 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Um...one day a lesbian was flirting with me and gave me a sticker version. I thought it was amusing. Then it fell off 20 minutes later. Oh well.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:15 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fennec2009 View Post
I like them if it's the only facial piercing someone has, same with dermals. It does not look good paired with lip/nose /eyebrow piercings. 2 dermals can look okay if they are symmetrical on the face, or even 3 small ones grouped together (around the eye is where I usually see groups of 3). I don't think they are trashy but even so they are removable and much less of a commitment than a tattoo. I think some trashy people do tend to get these types of piercings but in that case it is not the piercings that give away their trashiness, it's usually the way they dress, act, and carry themselves.
I agree completely. There are some trashy women around here that carry Coach purses, too, but I am not about to stop carrying my purse around because of it. I associate body mods more with the creative type.

The only thing that bugs me with piercings like the monroe or labret is when the post is too long. Ruins the look.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:37 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
Looks like too much work to take care off, remove for formal occasions, clean, etc.

Has anyone ever imagined what having a cold would be like with a nose piercing?

Old 12-24-2012, 09:17 AM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
it is ugly, that girl in the picture is ugly.
moles are ugly, i hate them, if I had any on my face i would remove them.
I think girls with moles on their faces should remove them also, they are ugly.
the MM mole is ugly.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:13 AM

890 posts, read 2,280,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Looks like too much work to take care off, remove for formal occasions, clean, etc.

I used to have a nose piercing and it was no big deal when I had a cold. I had to be a bit more aware when I blew my nose as the twisty part of the post inside the nose can catch mucus but it didn't happen very often. Not a big deal

Oh, and the monroe's are easy to take out as they go all the way through, no harder than ear piercings. Dermals you can't easily remove and put back in, though.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
I don't really care for piercings but that one done right looks so cute on rock a billy types or any "youthful" more edgey type of look.

It looks horrible to me when the post is too long, the piece is too large for the face or its on someone that dresses sloppy/dirty.

You get them done at a piecing shop/tattoo parlor.

I personally would never get anything on my face like that because it would look beyond stupid on me. I have a pixie face and I think it looks best on wide "bombshell" classic glamor shaped faces like well...Ms. Monroe.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:57 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Don't have to imagine.
I have one of my nostrils pierced twice.
Getting a cold is an unpleasant experience, just like it was before I pierced my nose.
Does snot get on my piercings? Yes. Does it wash off? Yes. Is it a big deal? No
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty