Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 03:47 PM

2,355 posts, read 2,182,644 times

Advertisements

I have tried Victoria's Secret bras before and wasn't too impressed. I heard Frederick's of Hollywood has a nice selection of bras. I tend to buy mine at Target, which turn out to be great lasting bras.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 04:31 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
For the girls with the bigguns - I have found "Le Mystere" tolerably comfortable and fitting - but they are not cheap!

Old 10-17-2007, 07:56 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
I usually wear Bali but the underwires always give out way before the rest of the bra. They are cheap. The most wonderful bra I ever had was a La Perla I found at The Rack. I can't afford them full price. But $12 was just fine!

Last edited by yellowsnow; 10-17-2007 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-18-2007, 08:24 AM
MB2 MB2 started this thread

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Huh...I have tried so many different bra's, and initially, thought they fit...until you wear them for hours and hours straight!
Did you guys know (watching a segment on Tyra Banks and Oprah) that they claim that approx. 70 % of us girls wear the WRONG size?
Coming to think of it, it makes sense for several reasons.
1. Weight loss/ weight gain
2. Different materials/ different manufacturer
3. Different styles

Huh, I wish there was a bra with a super fit.......
To make matters worse, I have one major pet peeve....lol....I don't know about you guys, but, my underwear HAS TO MATCH! lol
(I think that stems from the time when our moms kept on telling us to wear clean underwear....just in case something happens....ROTFL. )

Old 10-18-2007, 08:38 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post

To make matters worse, I have one major pet peeve....lol....I don't know about you guys, but, my underwear HAS TO MATCH! lol
(I think that stems from the time when our moms kept on telling us to wear clean underwear....just in case something happens....ROTFL. )

LOL...finding matching bra & panties isn't such an easy feat when you're big chested (DDD and above.)

I'm actually not a fan of matching sets (unless they're for "fun". ) I buy VS's nude or black satin v-strings (Angels or Second Skin.) I hate panty lines or when patterns/lace show through.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:23 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
I'd prefer my bras and panties to match as well. Makes me feel more girly.

Lately, though, I've been wearing the Barely There crop tops. Fall is here and sweaters are more forgiving. Or I'll wear sports bras. One of my favorite places to buy bras is Title 9 sportswear. Expensive, but they've got a nice variety, and are rated by dumbbells, with one dumbbell having the least support, and five the most. I'm a 2 dumbbell girl.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:23 AM
MB2 MB2 started this thread

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
LOL...finding matching bra & panties isn't such an easy feat when you're big chested (DDD and above.)

I'm actually not a fan of matching sets (unless they're for "fun". ) I buy VS's nude or black satin v-strings (Angels or Second Skin.) I hate panty lines or when patterns/lace show through.
I hear ya, I hear ya, girl! lol
I can't understand that either, that someone wouldn't look into the mirror to see (or feel), if they have a pantyline or if their bra is showing trough.
To me it's the opposite of looking "pulled together' and "polished"....lol.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:44 PM

324 posts, read 883,600 times
Have you ever been fitted for a bra? If not, I would highly recommend it. My mom and my sisters and I all took a big trip to Nordstroms one day and got fitted. We tried on tons of different bras until we found the perfect fit. It was interesting because I was not the same size in each brand or style. Getting a proper fitting made all the difference in the world, so take advantage if there is a place near you that does it!

Old 10-18-2007, 03:04 PM

253 posts, read 1,107,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Have you ever been fitted for a bra? If not, I would highly recommend it. My mom and my sisters and I all took a big trip to Nordstroms one day and got fitted. We tried on tons of different bras until we found the perfect fit. It was interesting because I was not the same size in each brand or style. Getting a proper fitting made all the difference in the world, so take advantage if there is a place near you that does it!
i got fitted for a Bra the old school way on Ochard street in Manhattan. I went with my then fiance to get a bra for my wedding. The guy came from behind the counter and proceeded to straddle me & cup my breasts He molested me! My husband & I still laugh about that because I really believe there are better ways to take a womans meaurements He was reccomended by my dress maker as one of the best though so I went along with it. On the up side it was one of the best bras ever One the downside I'm still afraid to go for another fitting.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:20 PM

222 posts, read 691,274 times
I am one of the ones with the bigguns and I find that every store measures me different. One time I was told I was a C cup I haven't been a C cup since I was 20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty