Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:24 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,267,353 times

Advertisements

Millipooh,

I'm also a very large size (the largest they carry in the store) and know what you're talking about including the redness. I can't wear anything that has lace anywhere on it as it causes irritation. I have found a good bra at Wmart for under $7 from Fruit of the Loom called Fit For Me. It's completely plain and comes in colors (hard to find at all when you're big). It does have an underwire which I find absolutely necessary. I usually only get stuck when through repeated washings the fabric allows the wires to poke through necessitating throwing them out. If you're having trouble with things not being included on the bottom you may need to go to a bigger size.

Don't use any product there that has moisture including gels or the polysporin as it makes matters worse. It's a lot like diaper rash and the best way to heal it is fresh air and or sunshine, just do it inside. Powder is fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 12:31 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Well unfortunately boobies get a lot bigger than that! I'm sure it's a great bra, but I wish they'd expand their market. For the most part we big girls can't go to the store because they will only have a few, if any, in our size in stock. We pretty much have to go hit or miss from mail-order and return the ones that don't work. Goddess is a good brand because they make a lot of styles without underwire, they're relatively inexpensive, and multiple styles go all the way up to size I.
I found plenty of G, H and I cup bras the last time I went bra shopping to Nordstrom's. Maybe it's a rural/urban thing, but I have never had a problem finding a wide selection of bras at a good department store.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:06 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I found plenty of G, H and I cup bras the last time I went bra shopping to Nordstrom's. Maybe it's a rural/urban thing, but I have never had a problem finding a wide selection of bras at a good department store.
Well you are lucky I guess. I've never lived anywhere rural. I've years of experience at Nordy's in San Diego, Orange County (CA), and now Dallas. I've never seen more than 1 or 2 in my size at any given store per visit. Admittedly I have not tried in a couple years now because I have found so many great websites that make the whole process much simpler. Perhaps Nordstrom's has improved in this regard. Recently I happened to see a pretty (shocker! a large bra that's actually pretty?) one on a sale rack when I was at Nordy's with my Mom and I bought it. However it has underwire and I now remember why I stopped wearing it in the first place! I can only last about an hour in it before the extreme pain begins. Oh well.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:03 AM

27,340 posts, read 27,393,359 times
I remember once a buddy of mine and I in a Victorias Secret store, and handed him one of those 'water bras' to hold onto, while I tried sneaking out of the store. leaving him holding it, lol. It was funny to see him standing there with a bra, he must have been so embarressed...!
Compared to what I used to do with my brother when we shopped together, this was nothing!!

Old 10-28-2007, 10:11 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
I remember once a buddy of mine and I in a Victorias Secret store, and handed him one of those 'water bras' to hold onto, while I tried sneaking out of the store. leaving him holding it, lol. It was funny to see him standing there with a bra, he must have been so embarressed...!
Compared to what I used to do with my brother when we shopped together, this was nothing!!
LOL.. Uh huh.. sounds like you've had enough practice with this and you got it down to a science.

Jeff Foxworthy's analogy of the stuff they sell at Victoria's Secret, "Some of this stuff is so skimpy, Victoria Doesn't have a lot of secrets anymore!"

Old 10-28-2007, 11:09 AM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. Uh huh.. sounds like you've had enough practice with this and you got it down to a science.

Jeff Foxworthy's analogy of the stuff they sell at Victoria's Secret, "Some of this stuff is so skimpy, Victoria Doesn't have a lot of secrets anymore!"
Hey! Mike, what are you doing in the bra section

Old 10-28-2007, 01:06 PM

27,340 posts, read 27,393,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post

LOL!!!!! Good comebback, dragon!!
Yeah, Mike, why did you even go to that section anyway?????

Old 10-28-2007, 09:35 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
LOL!!!!! Good comebback, dragon!!
Yeah, Mike, why did you even go to that section anyway?????
What was I doing is the bra section at Victoria's Secret? Can I plea the 5th on that one?

Who said I wanted to go to the bra section, let alone into Victoria's Secret to begin with?

I don't mean to piont any fingers, but let me just say that somebody wanted to go into the store and I almost ended up being the subject of a joke when she handed me a bra and told me to stand there.

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 10-28-2007 at 10:09 PM..

Old 10-28-2007, 10:14 PM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
What was I doing is the bra section at Victoria's Secret? Can I plea the 5th on that one?

Who said I wanted to go to the bra section, let alone into Victoria's Secret to begin with?

I don't mean to piont any fingers, but let me just say that somebody wanted to go into the store and I almost ended up being the subject of a joke when she handed me a bra and told me to stand there.
Yeah! Right!

Old 10-28-2007, 11:38 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times
Talking Mike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
I found him over in the "foundation make-up" thread too! I think Mike has too much time on his hands right now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty