Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 12:23 AM

45 posts, read 183,613 times

Advertisements

How important is it for a man to have a fashion sense. You go for the look or fashion sense (trendy) or both? Give your rating between 1-5
Fashion Sense
Look
Others (pls specify)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 11:19 AM

660 posts, read 2,442,228 times
not really there men they dont have to think about stuff like that i hate that whole metrosexual look as long as they dont look to rapper wannabe,star trek lover or have stains smell bad and huge holes all over there clothes that they bought in the mens section i'm fine

Old 10-04-2007, 12:28 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,583,498 times
I like a man to have some fashion sense, not like women of course. But I love that my Husband is well put together.

I come from a very large family (5 generations still living) and my great grandfather was a Baptist Minister and he always looked SHARP! My grandfather built railroad cars and would get home grimy and dusty, but after he'd shower and shave, even in his everyday khaki pants and button down shirts, he was still SHARP. I think this has passed down generation to generation in my family. It's not about brand names, or how much something costs but about proper grooming and wearing what you do have WELL.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:10 PM

1,913 posts, read 8,910,951 times
So they say that the term "metrosexual" is so five minutes ago...and the new term is "menergy" Goodbye metrosexual, hello menergy - Styledash
I'm not really liking the scruffy face of the new "menergy" look.

I like a guy who is well put together. Basically head to toe.
Not just having fashion sense. The whole package...grooming, hygiene, confidence.
For example, if a guy is looking good and has not flossed his teeth in a bit (and a person can tell!...lol) or has chewed up nails and cuticles...(I guess I'm not into the "brawny" or caveman looking guy...lol)...that "look" goes down in the negative range real quick...

Old 10-04-2007, 01:45 PM

660 posts, read 2,442,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
So they say that the term "metrosexual" is so five minutes ago...and the new term is "menergy" Goodbye metrosexual, hello menergy - Styledash
I'm not really liking the scruffy face of the new "menergy" look.

I like a guy who is well put together. Basically head to toe.
Not just having fashion sense. The whole package...grooming, hygiene, confidence.
For example, if a guy is looking good and has not flossed his teeth in a bit (and a person can tell!...lol) or has chewed up nails and cuticles...(I guess I'm not into the "brawny" or caveman looking guy...lol)...that "look" goes down in the negative range real quick...
they said the mans man is here to stay....all i have to say is finally!!!!i like the brawny look (nick lachey or toby keith style)but no chewed up cuticles or bad hygeine either

Old 10-05-2007, 01:55 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,352,296 times
I go for a man that looks and smells like a man; (like a clean man)
If he knows more about fashion than I do and takes longer to get ready or is my best shopping buddy, he's off my list.
My S.O. takes a shower, brushes his teeth and wears jeans and a shirt. He looks nice.
Men that are too much into fashion are usually gay IMO.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:03 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,738,597 times
It's important that my man has a sense of humor!

Old 10-06-2007, 09:32 AM

979 posts, read 3,830,054 times
Laid back, casual look is ok by me. And a man's man is what I like but if a man doesn't have somewhat of a sense of style then it's a big turn off for me. If a man is at least updated with his looks, meaning tailored suits, updated casual looks (no cavaricci shirts or frankie says relax), straight-legged jeans with nice shoes and a great button up for going out. Those things are a huge turn on!

Old 10-06-2007, 11:21 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,083,355 times
Well, as long as they are clean (and look and smell clean) I am not bothered. Of course it would be nice if they didn't wear white socks/socks with sandals and shorts or nerdy pocketprotectors and 1950s black glasses..

Old 10-07-2007, 07:58 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,693,586 times
If they don't put their shoes on the wrong feet, pull their socks up to their knees when wearing shorts, and will keep the stained shirts for working on their vehicles......they are alright in my book
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty