Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 07:19 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
Point taken. I simply mean that it seems odd to me that we're so put off by something that 30 years ago was sexy.
Back hair on a guy is sexy ?
A hair saddle on a woman is sexy (starts at her belly button and goes around to the small of the back) ?

To each their own but I think a lot of people don't do it for others.. they do it for whatever reason they have. For me I feel cleaner, pure and simple.
Can't believe there are so many pages of replies for this subject..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 07:25 AM

706 posts, read 1,042,362 times
Quote:
Hubby does not, and for that I'm thankful - it's odd, unmanly, unnecessary, and more evidence of our inability as a society to embrace our bodies as they are.

FWIW I don't shave my nether regions either, just my legs and pits.

I'm 36, he's 37.
So no cutting nails, no popping zits, no plucking out unibrow, no shaving (period), no cutting of hair, no circumcision, etc.

IMO, ladies should trim that area. It makes it easier to dine. I always trim so the ladies don't have any issues.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:48 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSurfer View Post
So no cutting nails, no popping zits, no plucking out unibrow, no shaving (period), no cutting of hair, no circumcision, etc.

IMO, ladies should trim that area. It makes it easier to dine. I always trim so the ladies don't have any issues.
My husband has told me repeatedly he prefers to dine in the forest, not the desert. So that works for us.

Regardless, I'm ultimately a "to each his own" person...I just get annoyed at the virtual gasps that result when I say I don't shave. Well I do some bikini cleanup as needed (admittedly usually just in summer), but I leave the "triangle" intact.

Don't misunderstand - I'm not against some grooming. I just don't see a reason to remove all or even most of the hair, just that which sticks out where others can see it.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:54 AM

179 posts, read 308,740 times
Well, for what it's worth, I've got to say...there's something erotic about a good old fashioned "bush" if you will. I think the relative rarity of it is why it's hot.

That's my $0.02.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:06 AM

728 posts, read 1,900,147 times
I regularly get everything below the waist waxed. My chest is naturally smooth as are my arms so I don't worry about those. I do it because I like how clean it looks not to mention how nice it feels. My current GF doesn't care either way which is fine with me because I do it for myself although my ex used to LOVE the smooth feeling and the look. Used to shave but a friend talked me into trying waxing and I have enjoyed it ever since.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:00 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
I regularly get everything below the waist waxed. My chest is naturally smooth as are my arms so I don't worry about those. I do it because I like how clean it looks not to mention how nice it feels. My current GF doesn't care either way which is fine with me because I do it for myself although my ex used to LOVE the smooth feeling and the look. Used to shave but a friend talked me into trying waxing and I have enjoyed it ever since.
You get your johnson waxed? That sounds terrible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-02-2013, 04:19 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:

Just be yourself! I don't really care what anyone else does with body hair, man or woman. What bothers me is this attitude that somehow, because I choose not to shave my pubic hair, or my husband chooses to not shave his chest hair, that somehow we're these dirty unclean hippie wannabes.
I really thought we were talking about the genital region.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-02-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
My husband offered to get that whole area waxed in a show of solidarity to my brazillians (no lie, they hurt. ), BUT no regular salon will do men. I found that surprising.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:20 PM

728 posts, read 1,900,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My husband offered to get that whole area waxed in a show of solidarity to my brazillians (no lie, they hurt. ), BUT no regular salon will do men. I found that surprising.
Yeah I had to find a gal that does wax from her home (she is licensed) since most salons will not wax men at all. I would actually prefer to do this at someplace private like a home rather than a salon where I tend to feel more exposed. I do agree that getting your private area tends to hurt a bit especially the first couple of times but the hair free feeling for the next 6 weeks makes it worth it. Feels much cooler down there in the summer time for sure.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Yeah I had to find a gal that does wax from her home (she is licensed) since most salons will not wax men at all. I would actually prefer to do this at someplace private like a home rather than a salon where I tend to feel more exposed. I do agree that getting your private area tends to hurt a bit especially the first couple of times but the hair free feeling for the next 6 weeks makes it worth it. Feels much cooler down there in the summer time for sure.
Nice! It does feel nice.... after the initial pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty