Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Mister, do you prefer thin legs or thick legs on a woman?
Thin legs 66 38.15%
Thick legs 92 53.18%
Undecided 15 8.67%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 02:32 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times

Advertisements

Thin legs or thick legs on a presumably fertile woman in the normal weight range (and let's assume the legs are smooth, have normal skin, have some muscle tone, and are otherwise the same) - which do you prefer and why? [Yeah, possibly sexist, but also interesting]

Old 08-10-2013, 02:35 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
With decent height/weight ratios, taller women look better with thicker legs.
Average ladies, same thing. Shorties: Medium to thin.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:08 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
I was recently told that 'the only place a womans legs should touch was at her ankles' so I'm guessing that guy preferred thin. For the most part I'd say men prefer very thin legs, where the thighs aren't much bigger than the calves.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:24 PM

I suppose I agree that legs shouldn't touch above the ankles, but is it common for them to touch at the thighs on an in-shape woman? I'm unable to pick between thin and thick legs, though if a very high percentage of the weight is in the legs, no thanks. Also, I have a vague fear that thick legs signal higher risk of getting fat someday.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:03 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I love me some nice thick legs on a woman. I think Beyoncé has the most fabulous legs I've ever seen.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:40 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I suppose I agree that legs shouldn't touch above the ankles, but is it common for them to touch at the thighs on an in-shape woman?
Yes. The "Thigh Gap" is 100% dependant on hip width. For someone who has narrow hips, they would need to be anorexic, literally, to have a space between their thighs. Even at low body fat percentages. On the other hand, if you have wider hips, you can easily have a "gap" even at higher body fat percentages.

For example, let's pick Olympian Lolo Jones. I can't imagine anyone would say she wasn't "fit."

Notice, she has no space between her thighs.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:58 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,134 times
I've heard this "thigh gap" trend is almost unattainable by any woman, if her ankles are touching. Expecting a womans thighs or any part of her legs to not touch at all when her ankles are not touching is almost impossible and unrealistic. I am sure there are some women out there who can, but on the majority of women I don't think it's possible to achieve while putting their ankles together.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:05 PM

Yeah, I suppose it's technically true that if the ankles are touching, almost always will other parts of the legs. But ankles don't usually touch in a normal stance. Jade has proven to me that an in-shape woman's thighs can touch, but frankly Lolo Jones has an unfeminine body, lacking the hip width a fertile woman is supposed to have, while her hamstrings probably are overdeveloped from running. So I would adjust my earlier answer about thin vs. thick to exclude thick legs with narrow hips.

Anyway, now back to my intriguing original question....

Old 08-10-2013, 10:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yes. The "Thigh Gap" is 100% dependant on hip width. For someone who has narrow hips, they would need to be anorexic, literally, to have a space between their thighs. Even at low body fat percentages. On the other hand, if you have wider hips, you can easily have a "gap" even at higher body fat percentages.

For example, let's pick Olympian Lolo Jones. I can't imagine anyone would say she wasn't "fit."

Notice, she has no space between her thighs.
I've noticed for most men fit does not necessarily mean fit, it just means thin. I've been running and working towards running in a 5k come Thanksgiving and most of the people I run with are overweight and definitely wouldn't be considered 'fit' if you saw them on the streets. I also know plenty of 'thin' people who couldn't run half a mile without wheezing and stopping, but most people would peg them as 'fit' if they saw them out and about.

So, for the purpose of discussion I think we can agree that 'fit' means thin, and not actually fit.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:51 PM

607 posts, read 1,393,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've noticed for most men fit does not necessarily mean fit, it just means thin. I've been running and working towards running in a 5k come Thanksgiving and most of the people I run with are overweight and definitely wouldn't be considered 'fit' if you saw them on the streets. I also know plenty of 'thin' people who couldn't run half a mile without wheezing and stopping, but most people would peg them as 'fit' if they saw them out and about.

So, for the purpose of discussion I think we can agree that 'fit' means thin, and not actually fit.
Totally agree! I'm a bigger guy, but I jog daily and I can jog a good 4 to 5 miles without stopping, just because I've been jogging for so long now. But if I took my shirt off, you'd never thought I had jogged a day in my life, lol. I hope to change that some day here soon, just gotta get those eating habits in check, lol.

Oh, and I like women with thicker legs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty