Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 11:14 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,091,738 times

Advertisements

Of course extra weight diminishes the beauty of a person. I was just 47 kilos before I had my first daughter, after I gave birth I became 62 kilos. I've been wanting to go back to my old weight for years, but I just couldn't seem to go back any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 08:59 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Theres a big difference from being slim and shapely and skinny and gaunt...

Old 09-10-2013, 09:57 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Theres a big difference from being slim and shapely and skinny and gaunt...
You are very correct and this is a true statement .

Old 09-10-2013, 02:40 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Women tend not to just put on a "little" extra weight. Especially when they are older. and 20 or more pounds overweight on an already middle aged woman is aging, in my personal view. Underweight and middle aged looks bad too, though. Younger women (35 and under) have the advantage of having estrogen and collagen in their bodies in amounts that can counter-act the severity of over-or-under- weight, so they still retain their youthful looks and still be considered at least marginally attractive, if they dress well and take care of their skin.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:47 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,773 times
Honestly, I think underweight looks worse than overweight. I think most people agree at a visceral level, but are afraid to admit it for fear of acknowledging that a little fat is OK.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:36 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Most of my life i ve been very very thin. Im tall (5 9) and was always the thin type with long legs. Anyways, around 25 (im 30 now) i started gaining weight and for the last 5 years i more or less mantained a weight in where im around 20 pounds heavier than my thin weight.

Two things happen: i look A LOT better on my face now. I see pics of myself now, and then i see pics of myself from when i was 20 and im 10 TIMES MORE BEAUTIFUL NOW. I used to think i was average in the face (and when i was in high school or primary school i even thought i was ugly) then, and now i think i have a beautiful face and its what everyone tells me anyway.

I do think my body looked better then. I mean, i could use anything, skirts, dresses, and looked great on it, while now i think i have to chose wich clothes make me look god and wich ones make me look like a cow, specially in the spring/summer months, i find it harder to wear skirts and dresses to endure hot temperatures and not look bad.

BUT, the general response (men, people, everyone) is 10 times better now than when i was thin. Now im seeing as: beautiful, hot, sexy, i get ask out by random men, people look at me in the streets, guys fall for me or chase after me in parties, etc. This NEVER happened to me in the 25 years i was thin. I mean, i was SUPER thin and tall in high school (kind of like a model-like figure) and was a Loser with a capital L (i beilieved i was ugly in the face and behaved like a loser and didnt really know i had a killer body so didnt show it) no guy ask me out, i was a Loser with men no one payed attention to me, etc. Things changed when i finished high school and moved cities, guys started paying attention to me, etc, and i wasnt a loser, i had a boyfriend and recieved normal attention, etc, like a normal average girl.
But NOW, now that im, you could say, curvy (not fat at all but voluptous like a Christina Hendricks type? maybe a bit thinner and definetely with less boobs. Maybe like a tall kim kardashian type??) i get all kind of attention, i get treated like im beautiful, etc.

I might preffer my old thin body, but MEN definetely preffer THIS one.

But i DO preffer my face now, it looks a millon times better than when i was thin.

So if i had to chose : being my former thin model like self or this one, i chose this one cause im prettier in the face.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:47 AM

368 posts, read 577,596 times
Their face will still be beautiful.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:11 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,804 times
Some weight is ok, too much is just plain gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty