Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 04:01 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,957,595 times

Advertisements

It seems to me that there is link between how successful one is and how ""exxotical"" they are.

Most influential people (different fields by the way)

1) POLITICS: President of the US: Half black half white, clearly an exotical. I can tell you that there are people around the world eg Africa and parts of Asia who due to lack of TVs etc who could not recognise say Clinton but can recognise Obama. As an exxotical President, his impact is huge and unforgettable.

2)MUSIC: Youngest #1 Billboard charts: Rhihanna another exxotical

3)MODELLING: Highest paid supermodel of all time: Gisele Bundchen: also an exxotical

4) ACTRESSES: Then of course you have regular white women like Angelina Jolie but face it, she got to where she is because of her exxotical lips and averall exxotical looks.

5) FAMOUS FOR NOTHING: While most hate her, she is nonetheless one of the most relevant people in entertainment today & of course she is exxotical: KIM K
. Please note that Paris Hilton, a regular white girl did the Kim K route but she never lasted as long as Kim K or was ever as relavant. Why she was pasty white not exxotical.

6 Most relevant new comer, Miley Cirus, twerks like an exxotical. She has exxotical swag, not an average white girl.

The only person I can think of who left his mark in history without being exxotical was Michael Jackson he was all black but nevermind he looked exxotical then. Then you have people like Madonna and Whitney but they were from the 80s. I cant think of any one who is anybody nowadays who is not exxotical at least not in entertainment

I ask because growing up I looked like a regular white girl with light eyes but my hair was somewhat kinky and back then the hair was enough to have me considered exxotical but nowadays I feel inadequate as I´m considered a white girl with ``weird`` hair or in some circles nice hair but it seems like my skin color and eye color and hair color trumps hair texture 3A HAIR is least so I´m not considered exxotical in a world where exxoticals have an easier life

Last edited by angrymillionaire; 11-03-2013 at 04:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 04:33 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
I just would like to know what any of what you said actually means............

Old 11-03-2013, 04:47 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,957,595 times
Urban Dictionary: exotic girls

Old 11-03-2013, 04:59 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
No, not at all. How someone else looks doesn't help or hurt my looks. I am who I am, and I am pretty happy to be me. I worried about my looks more as a teen/early twenties than I do now. I take care of myself and stay in good shape. I guess I might look similar to Madeleine Stowe with blue eyes. So I do not look exotic at all.

This is an unusual post.

I do not rely on others to determine my own worth, and I recommend that you do the same. It will make you happier in the long run.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:03 PM

752 posts, read 1,164,649 times
I would agree with other poster. It is one of biggest BS that I saw ever. Probably OP is to something really big but I cannot comprehend. There is millions successful people that do not look exotical.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:58 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,136 times
Same here I'm happy with myself~~~~

Old 11-03-2013, 06:31 PM

645 posts, read 1,275,800 times
I agree that there's an exotica problem in this country. As duly noted by the topic starter, it's rife in every facet of our kulture. Why is is a problem you may ask? Because it's purposely selling discontent and making seemingly normal happy people subscribe to something they can never be. It destroys culture and creates a new one until they try to sell you the next one. As outlined by the topic starter, it's shown up in several key points of of 'Merikan kulture.

1. Political figures: I try not to engage in dog and pony show media, so I do not know many, and furthermore, I don’t want to know them.

2. Music industry: It’s nothing but crank out the cheapest one hit wonder we’re not even going to commit to vinyl so we can gross billions while investing practically nothing, so I don’t have a clue what one popular song was over the past fifteen years. I grew tired of it towards the tail end of my decade long DJ career in the 90s, and when I left that line of work, I simply stopped listening to ‘Merikan muzik.

3. Models: I’ve never indulged in them. Whether white, black, Latin, or a mix, I have never found any of them attractive despite how effectively they market it to the average ‘merikan.

4. Actresses: By the 80s, I largely stopped watching Hollywood productions because it’s just like the muzik industry. Moreover, ‘round that time, I discovered Spanish, Indian, & other obscure not so well known movie industries, and I watched their productions.

5. Famosa por nada: Isn’t this most of the industry regardless of the venue? The only way I even know about this would be from eavesdropping conversations whilst in publik.

6. I’m so clueless I can’t even think of a lie.

I find the bread and circuses of ‘Merikan life rather disenchanting. Whatever they can make a buck from, they will market. They’re so cheap now a days they don’t even have to box and market it. It’s just a matter of point and click so one can download it. I have noticed that they sell “exxotical” and it’s rife in ‘Merikan kulture. I’m not going to lie, when I was thrust back into the dating scene during the late 90s, I was rather disappointed because many women were trained by the media to find light men with light hair and eyes as dull and lacking “flavor.” Rather than concentrate on trying to market myself among women who were taught to find me bland, I simply learned the Spanish language and found that Hispanic women had an “exotica” tooth and fancied my flavor.

Due to how sickened I became of ‘Merikan pop culture and the inundation of illegal Hispanics, I found that I could hide in plain sight right here in ‘Merika and the Hispanic culture was more than willing to absorb me and allow me to assimilate.

As far as “exotic” women goes, long dark shiny straight hair, light skin, and eyes was always my favorite combination regardless of what the la maquina propaganda said. The propaganda machine aka ‘Merikan media’s only purpose is to get you to willingly buy something that’s going to make you discontented with yourself so they can later sell you something else guaranteed to make you happy. It’s a never-ending treadmill destination broke and disenchantment.

I’ve always been an iconoclast, so I guess that’s why I never lapped this sort of thing up. If somebody’s selling it that means I probably don’t want to even see it. I’ve had this attitude since the late 70s.

Thanks for putting up with me!

cheers,
bolillo

Last edited by bolillo_loco; 11-03-2013 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: No Rhodes scholar here

Old 11-03-2013, 06:38 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
1) POLITICS: President of the US: Half black half white, clearly an exotical. I can tell you that there are people around the world eg Africa and parts of Asia who due to lack of TVs etc who could not recognise say Clinton but can recognise Obama. As an exxotical President, his impact is huge and unforgettable.
Have any sources for this? I doubt anyone that doesn't have access to the media would recognize Obama more then they recognized Clinton when he was in office. And considering the US has a very, very, very long line of old white men as president being "exxotical" does not help someone become president.

Quote:
2)MUSIC: Youngest #1 Billboard charts: Rhihanna another exxotical
Katy Perry's song is #1 this week. Other's in the top 20 include Justin Timberlake, AFI, Luke Bryan, Paul McCartney, Willie Nelson... a bunch of white people.

Beyonce and Jay Z are the highest paid couple in entertainment. He's from the bronx, she is from Texas. Nothing very exotic there.

Quote:
3)MODELLING: Highest paid supermodel of all time: Gisele Bundchen: also an exxotical
Number 2 for 2013 is Miranda Kerr. I don't really see her as exotic looking. She's a very pretty woman, but she is a model, so that is kind of what those who hired her were going for.

Quote:
4) ACTRESSES: Then of course you have regular white women like Angelina Jolie but face it, she got to where she is because of her exxotical lips and averall exxotical looks.
According to Forbes for 2013:
Highest paid tv actor is Ashton Kutcher
Highest paid actor in movies is Robert Downey Jr.
Highest paid male celebrity is Steven Spielberg
Highest paid female celebrity is Madonna
Highest paid celebrity under 30 is Lady Gaga
Highest paid TV personality was a tie between Howard Stern and Simon Cowell
Most Powerful celebrity was Oprah (born in Southern Mississippi and raised in inner city Milwaukee)

Popular tv shows include Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, and Two and a Half Men... Shows mostly about American white people.

Quote:
The only person I can think of who left his mark in history without being exxotical was Michael Jackson he was all black but nevermind he looked exxotical then. Then you have people like Madonna and Whitney but they were from the 80s. I cant think of any one who is anybody nowadays who is not exxotical at least not in entertainment
Well I've already named a bunch of people in entertainment, but you want more names?

How about those nominated for an Emmy this year?
Jeff Daniels, Bryan Cranston, Jon Hamm, Kevin Spacey, Michael J. Fox, Nathan Lane, Michael Douglas, Matt Damon, Jim Parsons, Louis C.K., Alec Baldwin, Jason Bateman, Matt LeBlanc, Don Cheadle, Bob Newhart, Justin Timberlake, Elisabeth Moss, Claire Danes, Connie Britton, Robin Wright, Jane Fonda, Joan Cusak, Jessica Lang, Laura Linney, Tina Fey, Edie Falco, Julie Louis-Dreyfus, Amy Poehler, Melissa McCarthy, Dot Marie Jones, Kristin Wiig, Aaron Paul, Ed O'Neil, Ty Burrell, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Bill Hader, Jane Lynch, Julie Bowen...

Highest paid author of 2013 was E.L James, a white woman.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:53 PM

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
It seems to me that there is link between how successful one is and how ""exxotical"" they are.
Not even remotely true in real life.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:04 PM

752 posts, read 1,164,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Not even remotely true in real life.
Especially for business and technical trades. Nobody do not trust exotic there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty