Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 03:09 PM

632 posts, read 934,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuffedCabbage View Post
One. Completely falling apart. I actually repaired the heel end of one of them because it tore. Reason is that every time I go out and buy new ones, they look like nurse's shoes once I put them on and so I take them back. Very difficult to find good looking sneakers for men.
Nurses shoes? Where do you shop and what brands do you like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 05:46 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,965,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeopleAreStrange View Post
Oh look, a place for me to talk about my PUMAs.

I've got three pairs. One "normal" pair with black suede and white stripes, and two racing/driving pair that are low to the ground and pretty much wrap around my feet. Love the design of them. One of those is white leather with gray stripes and the other is a dark blue suede with white stripes. I'm a little disappointed with the latter, as I expected the blue to be a little brighter when buying online.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention: 19y/o male in college.
Nice. I love Pumas too. You should post pictures of your different pairs.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:49 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,318,275 times
I think my husband owns 3 pair, one for yard work, one for going out and about and one pair in his work truck for the times he does not have to have his work boots on.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:15 PM

156 posts, read 245,232 times
OK, someone wanted pictures, so here are a few.

TT Supers: These are my first (and now worn out) pair:

Speed Cats: As I said earlier, I'm disappointed with the color of these. I expected a brighter blue, and these blend with my darker jeans:

Drift Cats: And these are by far my favorite pair. These shoe laces came from the pair above:

Old 01-25-2014, 11:30 PM

373 posts, read 590,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
Nurses shoes? Where do you shop and what brands do you like?
Meijers, KMart, Penneys, Kohls. I think its those little holes that are put on top to the sides of the lacing. Looks like nurse shoes. I like my tennies to be just a plain middle of the road style with no goo-gaw, but for some reason can never find them. The ones I have now are (or were) mostly white with a small amount of light grey trim and are no name. They were the perfect style. They are about 5 years old or more. I will have to get new ones because now the toe ends are starting to detach and the tops are starting to tear and are worn through.

And then of course, nothing looks more nerdy then a brand new pair of tennies that literally scream "Hey! Look! New shoes!. I guess I'll just have to get over that part.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:14 AM

632 posts, read 934,183 times
Maybe try Footlocker, dude! lol

Old 01-31-2014, 08:23 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,144,954 times
2, one I wear almost everywhere and the other one is an older, worn version. 27 years old.

I'd like to dress more nicely, but it's hard to find comfortable shoes when your feet are 4E (bordering 6E) in width and you have a foot that has a caved-in arch.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuffedCabbage View Post
Meijers, KMart, Penneys, Kohls. I think its those little holes that are put on top to the sides of the lacing. Looks like nurse shoes. I like my tennies to be just a plain middle of the road style with no goo-gaw, but for some reason can never find them. The ones I have now are (or were) mostly white with a small amount of light grey trim and are no name. They were the perfect style. They are about 5 years old or more. I will have to get new ones because now the toe ends are starting to detach and the tops are starting to tear and are worn through.

And then of course, nothing looks more nerdy then a brand new pair of tennies that literally scream "Hey! Look! New shoes!. I guess I'll just have to get over that part.
Those are not great places to buy sneakers. No wonder you keep ending up sporting the male nurse look.

To me, there's no greater treat than a nice new pair,of funky looking sneakers. Sneakers are my favorite form of footwear and my favorite part of whatever outfit I am wearing.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeopleAreStrange View Post
OK, someone wanted pictures, so here are a few.

TT Supers: These are my first (and now worn out) pair:

Speed Cats: As I said earlier, I'm disappointed with the color of these. I expected a brighter blue, and these blend with my darker jeans:

Drift Cats: And these are by far my favorite pair. These shoe laces came from the pair above:
Nice. You've got big feet, man.

Have you ever had a pair of the Suede Classic?

Old 02-02-2014, 12:22 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,956,862 times
They cycle down in use....Probably 3. Every couple years I get a new pair for walking and exercising. The ones I previously had get moved to 'yardwork' casual wearing/running around. After that they get saved for camping/boating/dirt kind of stuff...that I can throw away without worry.

I'm in my 40s, never been one in the 'hip hop sneakers are fashion' circuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty