Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 11:48 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,970,775 times

Advertisements

It should be accompanied by a popped up collar on a Polo shirt. Known as double douchey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 11:54 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,747,586 times
Not a douche, a lout. Uncouth. The straw stingy-brims coming back into style look much slicker.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:40 PM

7,034 posts, read 4,816,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Would you recommend wearing a backwards baseball cap to a job interview? No, because the interviewer would make "a ridiculous conclusion".

My kid brother had a personal ad online and his profile pic featured him with a backwards cap. He wasn't getting any attention even tho he's a young handsome athletic guy. He's sensitive about a bald spot that he likes to cover up and thought that wearing it backwards looked cool, casual, carefree. That's not how chicks interpret it apparently, because he changed the pic to one where it was turned around and VOILA. Got tons of love after that.

Fashion and Beauty. Yes, it's subjective.
"Chicks"

And would you recommend wearing a frontwards baseball cap to a job interview? Sheesh.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:41 PM

501 posts, read 1,064,387 times
Quote:
I wonder if guys know that a baseball cap worn backwards says "I am a douche" to the world.
So speaks a man from the land of cowboy hats. lol

Old 02-17-2014, 12:46 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
No, they don't. I doubt you know everyone in this world.

When I was a kid, I used to always wear a backwards baseball cap. I enjoyed wearing it that way and liked the way it looked. I guess I was a 7 year old douche, according to your standards.

I assume you think this way because someone wearing a backwards baseball cap made fun of your or hurt you.

I just think it's peculiar how you care what other people wear. That seems like a waste of your life.
It's just a random observation regarding fashion, which is a superficial topic to begin with. It doesn't apply to kids, just grown men.

No, nobody wearing a backwards cap has made fun of me or hurt me. Not that I would care if they did.

Nor do I expect that they care what my opinion is.

People have opinions about the way others present themselves. Pajamas at the grocery store, crocs, bare midriffs, yoga pants, acid-wash stirrup jeans, etc. That's one of the reasons for this forum, right?

I apologize if someone's feelings were hurt by my personal opinion.

Don Rickles never got hassled like this, jeez.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:07 PM

254 posts, read 318,803 times
Quote:
I wonder if guys know that a baseball cap worn backwards says "I am a douche" to the world.
It doesn't to me. I like the look. I wear mine to the front though... but I know plenty of guys that wear it kicked to the lower back and side that it looks good on.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:21 PM

90 posts, read 94,175 times
LOL @ not taking a shower

Old 02-17-2014, 01:33 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,849,609 times
I wore mine forwards for many years until I tried it backwards for some reason. Lo and behold it was MUCH more comfortable that way! No more hard edge of the bill pressing against my forehead.

Hmmm, maybe that's part of the reason some people wear them that way? Or is it just because we're douches...

Old 02-17-2014, 02:08 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,747,586 times
The last guy I remember with a sensible reason to wear his ball cap backwards was Marc Hill, a White Sox catcher from about 30 years ago who's the last catcher I remember who wore his mask over his cap rather than a helmet.

Last edited by Irishtom29; 02-17-2014 at 02:21 PM..

Old 02-17-2014, 05:51 PM

254 posts, read 318,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
The last guy I remember with a sensible reason to wear his ball cap backwards was Marc Hill, a White Sox catcher from about 30 years ago who's the last catcher I remember who wore his mask over his cap rather than a helmet.
Eh... personal taste, but I don't wear ball caps much. Actually, I very rarely put one on. Personally, I don't think ball caps are all that great of fashion wear for men. They can be at times... but like with jeans... I think 9 times out of 10 most men don't look all that well in them.

The way I dress men and women frequently ask me why I'm "dressed up." Circa the 195s and earlier few to no one would have asked me that. So, in my preferred daily dress [in the city] my trousers and stiff collared shirts aren't conducive to a ball cap anyways. Other caps or brimmed hats perhaps. A "Godfather hat" yes. Or this hat too:

But I really don't wear hats. I need to invest in a few good ones though. I do have a couple ball caps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty