Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 07:33 PM

706 posts, read 1,179,661 times

Advertisements

I look at the body first and then the face. A nice physique (muscular/fit) is a huge turn on to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 09:29 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,625,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Muscles are fine, but not required. The first thing I notice is a mans eyes.

Exactly! To me, eyes are one of the sexiest things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromartie2014 View Post
hmmmm and what muscle is that

Well, the brain of course!

Old 02-22-2014, 02:26 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
From a purely physical perspective...
Lets say you see a man at the gas station filling his car.

What attracts you more-face(eyes,smile,hair) or physique(biceps, triceps, abs).

I have asked a similar question before(check my history) because my sister and one of her friends shocked me when they said THEY COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT THE MUSCLE CONTENT.

I work out thrice a week and I see, honestly, women clawing over a man with six peck abs and tans. I see it.
Be honest. I am not asking you to answer for all womenhood.
How much do muscle turn you on? Like Stallone and Arnie muscles. Pure protein.
Like Brad Pitt in Troy. Will you faint? Will you just take them home?

From a PURELY PHYSICAL PERSPECTIVE.
I couldn't care less about the "muscle content." It's face, face, face. It's the bit I'll be looking at the most.
Muscles don't turn me on. Take someone like Vin Diesel, for example. Big muscles, but a face like a potato. Ick. No thank you.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:40 AM

5 posts, read 4,339 times
Muscular body, handsome look, and right choice of clothes.

Old 02-22-2014, 04:28 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,727,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
From a purely physical perspective...
Lets say you see a man at the gas station filling his car.

What attracts you more-face(eyes,smile,hair) or physique(biceps, triceps, abs).

I have asked a similar question before(check my history) because my sister and one of her friends shocked me when they said THEY COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT THE MUSCLE CONTENT.

I work out thrice a week and I see, honestly, women clawing over a man with six peck abs and tans. I see it.
Be honest. I am not asking you to answer for all womenhood.
How much do muscle turn you on? Like Stallone and Arnie muscles. Pure protein.
Like Brad Pitt in Troy. Will you faint? Will you just take them home?

From a PURELY PHYSICAL PERSPECTIVE.
If theoretical dude is wearing a t-shirt where I can see his biceps, back and shoulder muscle flexing while he pumps the gas, I would at least flirt with him, hoping he would ask me for my phone number. I wouldn't approach him aggressively, because I don't think men like that like it when women do that.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:41 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
If theoretical dude is wearing a t-shirt where I can see his biceps, back and shoulder muscle flexing while he pumps the gas, I would at least flirt with him, hoping he would ask me for my phone number. I wouldn't approach him aggressively, because I don't think men like that like it when women do that.
It's not necessarily that we don't like it, it's that no women ever do it. Having an attractive woman initiate a conversation, be flirty and open about her feelings and then ask a guy out is unheard of. They all "flirt" in a super subtle way and then "hope" the guy asks them out. Incredibly passive but ultimately not an issue if the guy knows flirty women behavior when he see's it and has the stones to confidently lead the interaction into something more. Still would be nice if women went after what they wanted just a bit more proactively, I think they lose a lot of potentially great relationships because they are too passive.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:48 AM

555 posts, read 804,003 times
How would I be able to see a guy's abs at a gas station? Do you all pump gas while shirtless? ;-)

Muscles are nice, but that's not what interests me or any of my women friends initially. It's the overall aura, a sense of who this man is, or might be. Face probably has more to do with it, but only in the way that it projects personality. Muscles do not project personality.

You can work out all you want to develop your muscles, but no gym apparatus is going to help you develop a personality.

Sorry if this is not the answer you wanted.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:50 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,010,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Exactly! To me, eyes are one of the sexiest things!
Technically it's 'two', unless you're dating a pirate.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:57 AM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Technically it's 'two', unless you're dating a pirate.
"One" is correct, because the post referred to eyes as one entity.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
My default is Face first - eyes in particular. Then smile.

Unless a physique is truly unique in some way (hey, I rhymed!) - either obese or massively ripped - I don't notice it right away.

The first two were what attracted me immediately to my husband...but his broad shoulders and strong, deep chest certainly did sweeten the picture!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty