Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 03:48 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times

Advertisements

It is so funny how so many here are adamant that cellulite is gross, yet plenty of people they think are "hot" and "super attractive" and "fit" all have it. You guys are just distracted by something else, so you aren't taking away points.

Like Victoria's Secret model Karolina Kurkova: Cellulite, hey its normal. even Victoria Secret model Karolina Kurkova has some. May i add she dated Adam Levine | Running Quotes

She would fall into the "really thin" category for me.

It is a very rare woman who is cellulite free. It comes with puberty for many of us.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:53 PM

706 posts, read 1,180,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It is so funny how so many here are adamant that cellulite is gross, yet plenty of people they think are "hot" and "super attractive" and "fit" all have it. You guys are just distracted by something else, so you aren't taking away points.

Like Victoria's Secret model Karolina Kurkova: Cellulite, hey its normal. even Victoria Secret model Karolina Kurkova has some. May i add she dated Adam Levine | Running Quotes

She would fall into the "really thin" category for me.

It is a very rare woman who is cellulite free. It comes with puberty for many of us.
I think the key phrase is "visible cellulite". Sure, many very fit woman can carry a bit of cellulite, particularly on their hips and thighs. However, I think it's rare to see a fit woman with outright nasty cellulite that jiggles and shakes like jello when she moves. To me, that's quite visible and disgusting cellulite. Usually fat women vs. Fit women have it to that degree.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:57 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
I pine for the days my wife was fit with a bit of cellulite.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:12 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,592,700 times
Again very thankful I married gentlemen! ...In all my 32 years with my husband he has never made such rude remarks about women bodies or pointed something out, and after all, we all have a mother! ....Goes to show, class is not something one can buy or earn~

Old 04-16-2014, 04:44 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,182,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
When I met she who is now my wife, she was more than twice what any doctor would call her "healthy weight". When two little words and one little action transformed her from my fiancee into my wife, she was approximately twice that "healthy weight". More than three years later, she is still hovering just under twice said "healthy weight".

If you check my previous posts you will find that I have, for a long time, stated for the record that my wife is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. That is still the case with no indication found anywhere that it will ever change.

Cellulite? Yup, I'll take a generous portion. More reason for squeezin', more cushion for the pushin', more nestlin' after wrestlin'.

As for men... don't know, don't care. I've never looked at men like that.
Gosh I'm a sucker for love stories-
your wife, & iknowftbl's wife are both
very lucky women.
You guys rock- seriously
And the other guys on these threads
that resort to immature cheap attacks don't have any class. Reading their posts is like wasting time watching Beavis & Butthead.
Totally retarded.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:46 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,234,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
If a woman is walking in public (swim areas notwithstanding) showing obvious cellulite, it's very likely she lacks good judgment and probably class and I'll be turned off on multiple levels.
Wow. Cellulite = no class and bad judgement. Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe if you have some time you could point out what other body imperfections translate to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulo View Post
I got the gist. Feel better? now that you tried to 'educate' somebody? Keep at it, Bubs, America is 1E+97 correction posts from being fixed.
If you accept the absolute minimum to make a point, then yes, the gist is all we need. OTOH, going from "Wham Bam Thank you Maam" to "Ding ding, bang bang, thank you madam" completely ruins the rhyming humor, and makes no real sense except to those that reference the actual joke. It loses all of its power as a language tool when it's so hopelessly butchered.

What if Hank Penny, Dean Martin, or David Bowie had sung "Ding ding, bang bang, thank you madam"? People would be shaking their heads, wondering what those guys meant.

This is the real problem. People think merely getting a point across (or failing, as in this instance) is enough. It's like a stand-up comedian just telling the punch lines to all the jokes. Sure, some in the audience will figure it out, but the result won't be entertaining at all. Others will simply sit with an empty expression. To be effective, language must maintain certain standards. Words can't just be strung together with no plan and still be expected to have merit.

It's not the responsibility of the reader to generate what the writer was unable to provide. Successful writers of all types don't rely on the "gist".

But I digress.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:15 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
I think the key phrase is "visible cellulite". Sure, many very fit woman can carry a bit of cellulite, particularly on their hips and thighs. However, I think it's rare to see a fit woman with outright nasty cellulite that jiggles and shakes like jello when she moves. To me, that's quite visible and disgusting cellulite. Usually fat women vs. Fit women have it to that degree.
This might be splitting hairs, but cellulite doesn't jiggle. Cellulite is the condition where connective tissue causes the skin to pucker or ripple on the hips and thighs. Fat is involved, but it's not the same thing.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:25 PM

541 posts, read 861,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
I don't know about that jerseygal. I used to see her all the time at the gym (sometimes in short yogapants/tights), and very often out and about at the Commons (in skirts and dresses) and I have never noticed any cellulite on her. She may have some now, but back before Kanye she didn't have any that was visible.
I'm going to have to wonder when was the last time your vision was checked.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:05 PM

538 posts, read 732,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztekpup6378 View Post
No one is perfect in every way. I have heard men talking about women and how turned off they are about various parts of a woman's body and it was quite sad. Especially when they were speaking of their wife or girlfriend. One guy even said he went to Vegas and paid to have sex with a young woman cause he was tired of all the 30-40 year olds that he normally beds with all their sagging parts. As I observed these men having this conversation I laughed to myself as I wondered what excuse they tell themselves when they look in the mirror and see their X large stomachs,
Flabby arms, double chins, skinny little legs, and balding heads! None of which could be attributed to pregnancy or any other naturally occurring situation. But women are constantly judged by their appearance by men that should just consider what most women have to endure in their relationships physically speaking. Women are are reminded by television, magazines, etc., that they better not "let themselves go" or you're just asking for your guy to find a replacement; either permanently or occasionally-cheating/affairs. So ya better buy this beauty product, start this new diet/ exercise , or wear these sexy clothes, etc. The pressure is on! Yet its never the other way around...hey guys, ya better stay young, handsome, and fit or your wife/ girlfriend may develop a wondering eye, have an affair, or divorce you for someone better looking.
Always having to be concerned about our appearanand is just plain foolishness, sad, degrading, and I think woman are better than that. I know I am. If someone doesn't care to be with me any longer due to any outward features they no longer like, then do me a favor and go away. I am beautiful INSIDE first and foremost and its who I am inwardly that matters. If you can't handle any outward changes then you are too shallow and superficial for me anyway. I want to be loved and cherished for who I truly am and if I mistakenly believed that was what you loved than...just hurry up and go. I don't want to waste any more of my life with someone that never truly loved me.
You just said everything I wanted to say. Excellent post.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:06 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
I have cellulite. So what!
Good for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
If a woman is walking in public (swim areas notwithstanding) showing obvious cellulite, it's very likely ...
The only thing that's "very likely" is that her skirt is too short, or her pants are too tight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty