Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2014, 01:43 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times

Advertisements

This is the one part of my body that I am just so insecure about!!!

So I am a man and I have a stocky build. I go to the gym regularly and for the most part I am quite pleased with my physical appearance. Love my broad shoulders, chest, big butt, and thick legs.

My one thing I HATE are my forearms!!! It is purely genetic too. I have skinny skinny skinny forearms. I am a very well filled man everywhere else except my forearms. It is like biology mixed up my forearms with a lanky man's!!

Alright, so it is probably genetic. My mom has two brothers. One is stocky and the other is lanky. My brother and I both got the stocky build with skinny forearms.

My wrist is the worst part. My wrist probably has the diameter of a large lime. I can't even wear watches for grown men because my wrist is such a tiny size. I have seen children with wrists that are thicker and more filled out than mine.

Any surgery for this? I have been going to the gym for over 7 years now and this just isn't getting any better!!! I am tired of having these lanky skinny forearms on my body which it contradicts. I am so insecure about it in fact that I wear long sleeve cloths as much as I can.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 02:29 AM

324 posts, read 407,151 times
Wrist curls don't work at all?

Won't your body look disproportional if other parts are bulked up yet your arms are skinny?

Old 05-14-2014, 03:54 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_girl View Post
Wrist curls don't work at all?

Won't your body look disproportional if other parts are bulked up yet your arms are skinny?
I know. It is the strangest thing.

There isn't really any muscle directly in your wrist. I do the wrist curls. I do a lot of forearm workouts but the muscle that gets bigger is closer to my elbow. I think that muscle is called the flexor carpi??? Not sure there.

I just need a bigger bone in my wrist! lol.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:54 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
Changing the size of your wrists isn't going to happen, but changing your attitude might. No one but you pays any attention to your wrists. Perhaps figure out a way to make changes in your life which would be possible. If you were to locate a doctor who would do surgery on your arms, he would be a quack.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:22 AM

324 posts, read 407,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I know. It is the strangest thing.

There isn't really any muscle directly in your wrist. I do the wrist curls. I do a lot of forearm workouts but the muscle that gets bigger is closer to my elbow. I think that muscle is called the flexor carpi??? Not sure there.

I just need a bigger bone in my wrist! lol.
Do you have a photo of your arms? Maybe you're just being conscious about it. It's probably not that noticeable.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:13 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
This is the one part of my body that I am just so insecure about!!!

So I am a man and I have a stocky build. I go to the gym regularly and for the most part I am quite pleased with my physical appearance. Love my broad shoulders, chest, big butt, and thick legs.

My one thing I HATE are my forearms!!! It is purely genetic too. I have skinny skinny skinny forearms. I am a very well filled man everywhere else except my forearms. It is like biology mixed up my forearms with a lanky man's!!

Alright, so it is probably genetic. My mom has two brothers. One is stocky and the other is lanky. My brother and I both got the stocky build with skinny forearms.

My wrist is the worst part. My wrist probably has the diameter of a large lime. I can't even wear watches for grown men because my wrist is such a tiny size. I have seen children with wrists that are thicker and more filled out than mine.

Any surgery for this? I have been going to the gym for over 7 years now and this just isn't getting any better!!! I am tired of having these lanky skinny forearms on my body which it contradicts. I am so insecure about it in fact that I wear long sleeve cloths as much as I can.
I have the same problem, and call them python arms. Notice how a python's head is small and body is enormous. Python's are very good at curling up and hugging. Think of your arms as well fit for hugging girls while making love .

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 05-14-2014 at 06:22 AM..

Old 05-14-2014, 08:28 AM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I have the same problem, and call them python arms. Notice how a python's head is small and body is enormous. Python's are very good at curling up and hugging. Think of your arms as well fit for hugging girls while making love .
I like that thought.

OP, I think you are overreacting. No woman will think "he looks cute but his wrists are too small and therefore he is undatable for me". VERY unlikely.

But she might think "This guy would be nice but he is too insecure". Work on that.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:48 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I like that thought.

OP, I think you are overreacting. No woman will think "he looks cute but his wrists are too small and therefore he is undatable for me". VERY unlikely.

But she might think "This guy would be nice but he is too insecure". Work on that.
I equate hugging during sex with snake dancing poses, where a man's arms are the snake and woman's body is the dancer. Snakes come in various shapes and sizes, and so does a guy's body. Only two things are needed on sex night, heartfelt everlasting love and a middle eastern snake dancing tune for bringing out a woman's intimacy .

Old 05-14-2014, 08:54 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
I am sure you are just fine. We all have our insecurities. I would think that there is nothing you can do about wrist size. It is your bone structure.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:03 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times
I've also have an incredibly small wrist (7 inch around) and forearm comparative to my size, my arms are very long. I don't worry about it and no one's ever remarked about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty