Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 07:33 PM

241 posts, read 359,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Another thread equating lack of attractiveness to overweight. That often has nothing to do with it. Average-looking isn't enough. There are loads of average-looking people (yes, who are trim, have good grooming, and dress at least decently, some dress stylishly) who can't get anywhere with dating. This post is so overly-simplistic, it's useless as advice.
You are missing what I am saying, I already said many times that you shouldn't put in the extra work in your appearance solely for the opposite sex or to get dates but for YOURSELF. This country has an obesity epidemic we can't no longer tolerate all this pc sensitivity to make people feel better. If people are so open in denouncing being anorexia as being unhealthy and unattractive why can't with obesity or excessive fat? Neither is attractive or healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 07:40 PM

877 posts, read 1,316,315 times
Boy, this thread is filled with over reactions and some over exaggerations

Old 06-17-2014, 08:02 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,684,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Eating well, exercising, getting a good night's sleep, bathing regularly, dressing neatly...I completely agree.

As for the make-up, you can keep it. I like my face sans adornment.
I will gladly take your share. I'm a big fan!

Old 06-17-2014, 09:21 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
The majority of people are lazy these days and are quick to let themselves go. I strongly believe though if everyone put in a good effort in dieting, styling, and grooming most people could be at least average looking. Just look at Europe and Brazil for example, same genetics basically the only difference is they weigh less and dress better therefor look better then the average american. With the amount of european stock most people are mixed with I actually think if people got into shape we could be considered one of the best looking nations in the world. As the russian saying goes,"no such thing as an ugly women only a lazy." This of course also applies to men. What do you think?
I think you are a shallow young lady probably in your 20s somewhere, who looks critically at anyone who hasn't combed their hair or got a coordinated outfit, because you simply cannot yet understand that some people struggle to get out of bed every morning and get through the day, let alone co-ordinate themselves to please YOU and your ilk.

Time will take care of this issue, possibly pregnancy and some wild eyed children exhausted when you pick them up from day care after a long hard day at the office and screaming and vomiting on your colour coordinated outfit because they ate crayons, the red ones of course.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:25 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
As a decent looking woman who has never turned heads, I can tell you that personality and brains can score you all sorts of people.

But, yeah...you should also shower and stuff.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Helena Rubenstein says there are no ugly women, only lazy ones
Helena Rubenstein was Australian.

Not a lot of people know that..

Oh and she's dead wrong. I know a lot of ugly women, they may not be ugly on the outside but inside they are vile.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Boy, this thread is filled with over reactions and some over exaggerations
And a pointless observation or two....

Old 06-17-2014, 09:53 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,882,748 times
Quote:
The majority of people are lazy these days and are quick to let themselves go. I strongly believe though if everyone put in a good effort in dieting, styling, and grooming most people could be at least average looking. Just look at Europe and Brazil for example, same genetics basically the only difference is they weigh less and dress better therefor look better then the average american. With the amount of european stock most people are mixed with I actually think if people got into shape we could be considered one of the best looking nations in the world. As the russian saying goes,"no such thing as an ugly women only a lazy." This of course also applies to men. What do you think?
Quote:
You are missing what I am saying, I already said many times that you shouldn't put in the extra work in your appearance solely for the opposite sex or to get dates but for YOURSELF. This country has an obesity epidemic we can't no longer tolerate all this pc sensitivity to make people feel better. If people are so open in denouncing being anorexia as being unhealthy and unattractive why can't with obesity or excessive fat? Neither is attractive or healthy.
What's sad is that the obesity epidemic in this country has gotten so bad that people think that just by being at a healthy weight you can be considered relatively attractive compared to your peer group, and what's sadder is that they are broadly correct.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
What's sad is that the obesity epidemic in this country has gotten so bad that people think that just by being at a healthy weight you can be considered relatively attractive compared to your peer group, and what's sadder is that they are broadly correct.
I have noticed that too sadly.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I think you are a shallow young lady probably in your 20s somewhere, who looks critically at anyone who hasn't combed their hair or got a coordinated outfit, because you simply cannot yet understand that some people struggle to get out of bed every morning and get through the day, let alone co-ordinate themselves to please YOU and your ilk.

Time will take care of this issue, possibly pregnancy and some wild eyed children exhausted when you pick them up from day care after a long hard day at the office and screaming and vomiting on your colour coordinated outfit because they ate crayons, the red ones of course.
I don't think you understand what I am trying to say here. I don't feel like repeating myself, but I recommend you read the whole eight page thread to get what I and others mean. I know being a mother is hard especially if you have to work long hours, I can just look at my sister for an example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty